Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nyhockeyref93 View Post
    You selected your district when you originally applied

I really want to know because if that's true I'm pretty sure it only let me select one district. The test was fine and what not but the test proctor I got was...... I'm f'ing speechless and I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by spect1; 10-18-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by honestabels View Post
      Was anybody else distracted by the two jackasses arguing over the intercom at the site in Whitestone? Everything was horribly ran. Arguments between test proctors, test started 2 and a half hours late, proctors unable to speak fluent English. You name it, it happened.
      I wasn't at that particular site, but the proctors at mine were talking the entire time during the memorization reading. Kind of messed me up a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackjohn714 View Post
        I wasn't at that particular site, but the proctors at mine were talking the entire time during the memorization reading. Kind of messed me up a bit.
        Ok, that sounded like I was making an excuse. I also drank way too much coffee before the test and that had an impact on my concentration as well.

Comment

• Took the test in NYC Midtown location. Test was fine for me also but the test proctors at my site were also disorganized and unprofessional! Really annoying..they kept talking to each other and examinees unnecessarily throughout the memory section!

In regards to jurisdiction, we didn't pick one at the test site and I don't remember selecting one when I filled out the application. I'm looking at a PDF screenshot of my app and the only selection I see is "exam site preference"
          Last edited by NYSCOHopeful; 10-18-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• You guys must be talking about the red paper that asked you what county your currently resided one which clearly told you to pick one in nice and bold. I remember picking every jurisdiction when I paid to take the test so idk what you other guys are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
              You guys must be talking about the red paper that asked you what county your currently resided one which clearly told you to pick one in nice and bold. I remember picking every jurisdiction when I paid to take the test so idk what you other guys are talking about.
              Nahhh I know how to read. The proctors directions told us to pick all jurisdictions we would be willing to work at on the paper, and to refer to the back of that paper for a map of all jurisdictions. Of course no one had this paper so it caused a lot of confusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc000 View Post
                Nahhh I know how to read. The proctors directions told us to pick all jurisdictions we would be willing to work at on the paper, and to refer to the back of that paper for a map of all jurisdictions. Of course no one had this paper so it caused a lot of confusion.
                What color paper was that?

Comment

You guys might be the first people to say this. I asked two other people at two different sites if they got the same as you guys and they had the same as me. I also didnt get to choose where I took my test so thats a little bit funny that you got to choose where. Do you mean they selected you to go whitestone or did you choose to go there. We only got two papers unless you had a 3rd for whatever reason. The test was a cluster**** anyways. I got there at 830 didnt get in until 1030 to start the test at 11 to people arguing about not having the 5 minutes for the first memorization part( lady literally gave us like 2-3 minutes because our proctors didnt even know what to do ).

Comment

• Originally posted by spect1 View Post
                    I really want to know because if that's true I'm pretty sure it only let me select one district. The test was fine and what not but the test proctor I got was...... I'm f'ing speechless and I'll leave it at that.
                    Negative it asked me what county I resided at the current moment if I lived in New York State I picked my district when I signed up for the test.

Comment

• We also had only 2 sheets. The answer sheet and the red questionnaire. The other paper that the proctors directions was talking about doesnt exist. Nobody had it. They called in a supervisor and she said she doesnt even know what that is.

Comment

You must be the only person that was told to do that because no one told us in Whitestone and from the looks of it here no where else

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                          You must be the only person that was told to do that because no one told us in Whitestone and from the looks of it here no where else
                          Certainly looks that way. Kind of a relief. She probably had old instructions lol

Comment

• Yea I was there too if it wasn't such a serious test I wouldn't have been mad. The distractions from the proctors was crazy. This test comes every four years. That's just not right.

Comment

• I had Christopher Columbus High School here in the Bronx my only complaints was that I had to wait two hours for to get in and start the test and only getting about 2 or 3 minutes for the memory part and having to have people complain about it which is fair I guess since it said 5 minutes. Only part I seemed to have had problems with was that and that was maybe a question or two possibly three. Other then that I would say I got at the very least a 90. I would be surprised with any less.

Comment

The proctor reading the directions told us to select all jurisdictions we would be willing to work in. There was no paper to select jurisdictions tho. She asked a supervisor about it and apparently there is no such paper...... dont know if someone messed up or what. This was at Hicksville Middle School.
                                great thats where im taking mine in december

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14631 users online. 460 members and 14171 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X