Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro....No typical usage of a list.......some lists have expired after only one or two classes.......other lists have been completely exhausated. Very little hiring over last few years but pace is picking up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      Nitro....No typical usage of a list.......some lists have expired after only one or two classes.......other lists have been completely exhausated. Very little hiring over last few years but pace is picking up.
      Dinosaur,

Thanks so much for your quick response. I only ask because I am trying to get an idea of my overall chances of getting contacted to begin the process, assuming I score "high" enough. Throughout this thread, I've seen people state that a score of 100 is ideal, which of course makes perfect sense. With that said, is there a scoring threshold that would essentially guarantee a call for this gig? What I noticed with the last exam I took (New York State University Police) was that practically everybody with a score of 90 and above was canvassed - I myself was hired with a score of 90.

And given what you mentioned about certain lists expiring after one or two years, am I right in assuming that beyond a very high score, getting processed is mostly a matter of luck and timing?

I appreciate the insight, good sir.
      NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Comment

• 10characters
        Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• you will need a 100 or over to even have a chance

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
            Really depends how many people take it and score well. 2000 people scoring 100% is much different than 5000 scoring 100%. All you can do it your best, and cross your fingers.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow

Originally posted by Travis64 View Post
            you will need a 100 or over to even have a chance
            Good points, gentlemen. I remember reading some time ago that back in 2005, people who scored in the 80s were canvassed, but I can imagine how things have gotten tighter nine years later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro718 View Post
              Good points, gentlemen. I remember reading some time ago that back in 2005, people who scored in the 80s were canvassed, but I can imagine how things have gotten tighter nine years later.
              Listen man they had to go to court to extend the last list for a bit for them to hire off of. Not sure if it was on here but I also heard in the courts that employees are refusing to even open the courtrooms because they dont feel safe with the amount of officers they have presently. Maybe a court officer like unblinddeacon can confirm but it may be just like corrections where they're short on staff minus the overtime(which I wouldnt ****ing mind thank you very much). Of course how high you score increases your chances especially for where you want to go but I dont believe it has tightened since people are retiring I would assume.
              Last edited by The hopeful; 10-17-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                Listen man they had to go to court to extend the last list for a bit for them to hire off of. Not sure if it was on here but I also heard in the courts that employees are refusing to even open the courtrooms because they dont feel safe with the amount of officers they have presently. Maybe a court officer like unblinddeacon can confirm but it may be just like corrections where they're short on staff minus the overtime(which I wouldnt ****ing mind thank you very much). Of course how high you score increases your chances especially for where you want to go but I dont believe it has tightened since people are retiring I would assume.
                http://nypost.com/2014/03/24/budget-...hout-officers/

As far as score...the higher you score the better off you'll be. Current canvassing as of June 2014

UPDATED CANVASSING INFORMATION (JUNE 2014)
                Candidates from the 2009 Court Officer-Trainee Exam # 45-758 have been canvassed as follows:
                NYC CANDIDATES with a score of 85.0 and above
                3rd JD CANDIDATES with a score of 88.3 and above
                4th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 85 and above
                5th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 81.6 and above
                6th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 81.6 and above
                8th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 90.0 and above
                9th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 88.3 and above
                10th JD (Suffolk) CANDIDATES with a score of 91.7 and above
                10th JD (Nassau) CANDIDATES with a score of 91.7 and above

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/career...nvassing.shtml
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                  http://nypost.com/2014/03/24/budget-...hout-officers/

As far as score...the higher you score the better off you'll be. Current canvassing as of June 2014

UPDATED CANVASSING INFORMATION (JUNE 2014)
                  Candidates from the 2009 Court Officer-Trainee Exam # 45-758 have been canvassed as follows:
                  NYC CANDIDATES with a score of 85.0 and above
                  3rd JD CANDIDATES with a score of 88.3 and above
                  4th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 85 and above
                  5th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 81.6 and above
                  6th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 81.6 and above
                  8th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 90.0 and above
                  9th JD CANDIDATES with a score of 88.3 and above
                  10th JD (Suffolk) CANDIDATES with a score of 91.7 and above
                  10th JD (Nassau) CANDIDATES with a score of 91.7 and above

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/career...nvassing.shtml
                  Exactly what I was looking for. All I had to do was look at the Court Officer Trainee Recruitment website to see that updated information, so shame on me. Thanks very much for the heads up and clarification!

Comment

• Does anyone know if you can get DQ'd for taking medication for high blood pressure?

Comment

• Hey guys, sorry if this is a repeat question, does anyone know how it works with applying for jurisdictions when you take the test? Can you only apply for one of you can apply for multiple ones? Thanks
                      Living the dream...

Comment

• Good luck to everyone taking it tomorrow. I will see some of you there!
                        DEA Special Agent

Applied: 9/2014

NYS Court Officer

Test taken: 10/18/14
                        Score: ?
                        List #: ?

Comment

• Anyone know how many questions are on this test and how many hours?
                          Starts at 2 pretty late for a state test

Comment

• I think its 100 questions and 3.5 hours to finish.

I'm going to head to the test site in a few minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
                              I think its 100 questions and 3.5 hours to finish.

I'm going to head to the test site in a few minutes.

Dat line though...

Comment

• You can apply for multiple. It then depends on your score whether you get canvassed for that area. For example I am wrapping up in the academy this week. I applied for Nassau/Suffolk and NYC. I had a score of 90. For the class I'm in I needed a 91.7 for the Island so I ended up with NYC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7803 users online. 190 members and 7613 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X