Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what you need to score or place on the list to be called in the first year? And how many people typically take the exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Differ View Post
      Does anyone know what you need to score or place on the list to be called in the first year? And how many people typically take the exam?
      Depends on where you want to work. But, if you want a call soon, I would suggest getting 100. I dont recall the exact number of previous tests, but lets just say there is little room for error if you want to be called in first year.

Comment

• Does anybody have any info on whether its a problem if you've been arrested before but got an acd ?

Comment

• Originally posted by buzzy View Post
          Does anybody have any info on whether its a problem if you've been arrested before but got an acd ?
          An ACD is not a conviction. Has the adjournment period ended? was a motion made to restore the case by the prosecution? Typically it's dismissed and sealed providing you complied with any conditions of your receiving the ACD ie Community service, restitution, classes. Was it a Drug case?
          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
            An ACD is not a conviction. Has the adjournment period ended? was a motion made to restore the case by the prosecution? Typically it's dismissed and sealed providing you complied with any conditions of your receiving the ACD ie Community service, restitution, classes. Was it a Drug case?
            This was two years ago and I did the community service and the period has ended. It was not a drug case it was petit larceny. Ithappened because I was with someone who was stealing and I got caught walking out with them and they arrested me too claiming I could have been a look out for my friend stealing

Comment

• Still going to come up on the BI. Dismissed and sealed does not count for LE jobs. All arrests are fair game. Be prepared to explain the entire case that resulted in the ACD.

Comment

• Just recently found out I am color blind does that disqualify me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jbell1115 View Post
                  Just recently found out I am color blind does that disqualify me?
                  The visual fields must not be less than 145 degrees and color vision is also required. Candidates who fail the standard color vision tests may take the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test at their own expense and will only qualify if the Total Error Score is not greater than 124.

From here

Comment

• That stinks.. Got perfect vision

Comment

• Originally posted by Jbell1115 View Post
                      That stinks.. Got perfect vision
                      I have okay vision. I wear glasses, but could walk through life without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by buzzy View Post
                        This was two years ago and I did the community service and the period has ended. It was not a drug case it was petit larceny. Ithappened because I was with someone who was stealing and I got caught
                        walking out with them and they arrested me too claiming I could have been a look out for my friend stealing
                        There is still going to be an arrest record and as Dino said sealing doesn't count for LE jobs. Good news here is that by the time your called it could be 4-5 years since the incident. Remember this is the court system...they are gonna know about your court case. Be honest and upfront and careful who you hang out with.
                        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Test is this Saturday in Ridgewood. Kind of nervous but then not really. Good luck to all.

Does anyone have insight on whether the sample exam questions are ridiculously easier than the actual test?

I tried the memorization part and have a few good methods for it but the sample questions ended up being the most basic of information.

Comment

• Originally posted by como1jefe View Post
                            Test is this Saturday in Ridgewood. Kind of nervous but then not really. Good luck to all.

Does anyone have insight on whether the sample exam questions are ridiculously easier than the actual test?

I tried the memorization part and have a few good methods for it but the sample questions ended up being the most basic of information.
                            I'm curious as well.

I bought the Barron's book and been using that. Out of 3 practice tests, I've gotten 88, 89 and 96% (not in that order). I'm kind of nervous, but wont be the end of the world if I dont do as good as I hope.

Good luck to all!

Comment

• Does anybody have a sense of historically, how many academy sessions they end up scheduling from each exam? Three classes a year (at each academy location) for maybe a two to three year period given processing time?
                              NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Comment

• Hello everyone!

This is my first post but I've been reading the forums for a few weeks, including this entire thread. Definitely a wealth of information here and I'd just like to thank all current LEOs and people who went through/are now going through the process for NYSCO. I studied with the Barron's Court Officer Exam (very helpful book!) and I'm taking the test tomorrow. I did very well on the practice tests and I'm really shooting for 100. Good luck to everyone taking the test tomorrow and in December! Remember to get enough sleep and give yourself enough time to get ready and get to your test site!
                                Last edited by NYSCOHopeful; 10-17-2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7931 users online. 204 members and 7727 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X