300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10characters
    Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
      I would imagine you do as some officers are required to drive
      I am in the Academy right now and there are a few people who just have Learner's Permits....

Comment

• Yes, the Drivers license requirement is new for the upcoming exam
        RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Hey guys I was wondering if anyone that went through the process can answer... Will I get disqualified if I have a previous psych DQ from nypd? It's over 10 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reese View Post
            Hey guys I was wondering if anyone that went through the process can answer... Will I get disqualified if I have a previous psych DQ from nypd? It's over 10 years old.
            Everyone is different. It's on a case by case basis. If you got DQ for a felony arrest or drugs then NO, you prob won't pass. No one can say for sure. Best of luck to you.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Taking it on 10/18 in Whitestone, Queens. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• How do the Barron pre-tests compare to the real thing? Are they harder or easier? What type of memory tests did you veterans have on your test? Thanks!

Comment

• When they release the test results 5-7 months after the test do you think they will immediately start to pull for a new class? Also, since you have to decide between the city or not, if you get paid more to wort in NYC why is the canvasing score so much lower then the other districts? Do they have a hard time trying to find qualified candidates that want to work in the city?
                  NYPD Exam #1309
                  List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Originally posted by JCPD2246 View Post
                    When they release the test results 5-7 months after the test do you think they will immediately start to pull for a new class? Also, since you have to decide between the city or not, if you get paid more to wort in NYC why is the canvasing score so much lower then the other districts? Do they have a hard time trying to find qualified candidates that want to work in the city?
                    The rest of downstate get the same pay as NYC

Comment

• Upstate officers (north of 9th JD) currently are paid more in base salary than downstate. This has to do with the horrible contract accepted by CSEA. Downstate officers receive location pay so are paid more overal. They will begin processing within a few months of the results being released as the qualification process can take a year. I would guess that NYC has the most available positions so more canvassing.
                      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Got my Court Officer Exam book to start practicing. Got a week and a half until game time! All business.

Comment

• Hey did anyone else not receive their email? they were supposed to be mailed out from september 23rd to october 5th. I emailed [email protected]v and haven't got a response yet.

update: got another email ill be taking it december 13th hicksville
                          Last edited by Tomar111292; 10-10-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure how helpful the Barron's book will be, but on the diagnostic exam, I only managed an 89% (got 11 out of 100 wrong). Now I only have a week to correct where I went wrong and hopefully improve in those areas.

Comment

• read the chapters i am on test 2 and got a 94 and that was a toughie its all about being able to concentrate for 3 hours- you have to become part of the stories!

Comment

• Originally posted by ceecee View Post
                                read the chapters i am on test 2 and got a 94 and that was a toughie its all about being able to concentrate for 3 hours- you have to become part of the stories!
                                Yup! I did this at 430 to 630am (my night off from work). I will definitely be practicing more before the test next week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12837 users online. 239 members and 12598 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X