300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10characters
    Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• What is the best way to study for this exam guys?

Just reading the study guides they have online? (they are kind of small)

or, ordering this court officer book ?

http://www.amazon.com/Barrons-Court-...udy+guide+2014

Comment

• Originally posted by nyofficer9207 View Post
        What is the best way to study for this exam guys?

Just reading the study guides they have online? (they are kind of small)

or, ordering this court officer book ?

http://www.amazon.com/Barrons-Court-...udy+guide+2014
        I've read Amazon reviews on Court Officer books saying they aren't useful. What I did was take the sample test (memorization story) and put in different time/date/names, making 3 more stories to try. Because I've taken police tests and clerical, everything else I've done many times before. The memorizing story is the hardest part for me.

Regardless of what I've read, I'm still paying for the book.

Comment

• Taking the test on 12/13 @ Sheepshead Bay HS 3:30pm.

Comment

• I'm 10/18 @ 9 AM….i have about 3 books to study from (i started months ago) and just wondering if there's anything else that could help me that anyone knows of? I see the practice test they have online which seems kind of small but ill study with that also.
            DEA Special Agent

Applied: 9/2014

NYS Court Officer

Test taken: 10/18/14
            Score: ?
            List #: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NY17 View Post
              I'm 10/18 @ 9 AM….i have about 3 books to study from (i started months ago) and just wondering if there's anything else that could help me that anyone knows of? I see the practice test they have online which seems kind of small but ill study with that also.
              If you need help with memorization stories, try police tests. Or if you need help with clerical portions, check out clerical tests. Thats what I've been doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
                If you need help with memorization stories, try police tests. Or if you need help with clerical portions, check out clerical tests. Thats what I've been doing.
                Yea based on the practice tests i have taken so far, i need help with memorization. Thanks for the advice
                DEA Special Agent

NYS Court Officer

Comment

• For those taking the test on 10/18 and want the book but dont have it...They just got more in on Amazon for Oct 4th. I just ordered mine with Prime. So I will have a week and a half to study with it. Just a heads up for those who want it before then. I'd recommend getting free trial of Amazon Prime, which is what I did. I've saved a bunch in the month on shipping alone. Free 2 day shipping comes fast and delivers early (packages came 4-5 hrs earlier than normal). Worth it. But good luck to all!

Comment

For those taking the test on 10/18 and want the book but dont have it...They just got more in on Amazon for Oct 4th. I just ordered mine with Prime. So I will have a week and a half to study with it. Just a heads up for those who want it before then. I'd recommend getting free trial of Amazon Prime, which is what I did. I've saved a bunch in the month on shipping alone. Free 2 day shipping comes fast and delivers early (packages came 4-5 hrs earlier than normal). Worth it. But good luck to all!
                    Be careful with the prime thing…I gave the free trial a shot once and after a period of time they automatically charged my card
                    DEA Special Agent

NYS Court Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by NY17 View Post
                      Be careful with the prime thing…I gave the free trial a shot once and after a period of time they automatically charged my card
                      You have to go to settings and click do not continue prime.

paint.png
                      Last edited by TheSlammer; 10-01-2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

You have to go to settings and click do not continue prime.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12131[/ATTACH]
                        doooooh guess i missed that haha dont remember it was a long time ago i thought i did that but i guess not
                        DEA Special Agent

NYS Court Officer

Comment

• Does anyone have any further info on the specialized units? I saw this on the brochure "Court officers have an opportunity to be assigned to specialized units such as the Special Response Team (SRT), Mobile Security Patrol (MSP) and Command Center Operations. Officers assigned to specialized details undergo additional law enforcement training." Just curious what exactly the units do.
                          DEA Special Agent

NYS Court Officer

Comment

• You'll learn about SRT and MSP when you get OTJ. Id rather not go into the specifics as I don't want to reveal sensitive info. Generally SRT is like an ESU and MSP is marked RMP patrol. I will say there are a bunch of great guys and girls in the units. It's very difficult to get in.
                            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Folks whats going on I have a question maybe some one can help me. My friend she took the court officer test in 2009 and she is going through the process now. I dont believe that you need to have a driver license for this test, but if im wrong please correct thank you have a good day

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                                You'll learn about SRT and MSP when you get OTJ. Id rather not go into the specifics as I don't want to reveal sensitive info. Generally SRT is like an ESU and MSP is marked RMP patrol. I will say there are a bunch of great guys and girls in the units. It's very difficult to get in.
                                I understand, thanks for the response.
                                DEA Special Agent

NYS Court Officer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5269 users online. 206 members and 5063 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X