Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent an e-mail to the certification unit regarding hiring from the new list they responded by saying that they will start hiring late fall.
    Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• That's good news, is that for a january academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
        I sent an e-mail to the certification unit regarding hiring from the new list they responded by saying that they will start hiring late fall.
        Is anyone here reviewing the computational scores? I sent in a request to do so and later called OCA. They stated the review will take place in November some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nynb215 View Post
          That's good news, is that for a january academy?
          They don't provide much information in their replies mostly just one sentence answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
            They don't provide much information in their replies mostly just one sentence answers.
            If processing begins in the fall and it takes 6-9 months you're looking at middle of 2011 for the first academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
              If processing begins in the fall and it takes 6-9 months you're looking at middle of 2011 for the first academy.
              Hopefully with the early buyout they will be short staffed and move a little quicker.

Comment

• A court officer in Nassau told me that rumor has it OCA will try to get a Nov class off of the old list and then kill it. The next academy would depend on when there is a sufficient number of applicants with all phases complete, perhaps late winter or spring 2011.

Comment

• I thought that once new list was established the old one was history?

Comment

• That's what we're hearing as well
                    Originally posted by Realplayer01 View Post
                    A court officer in Nassau told me that rumor has it OCA will try to get a Nov class off of the old list and then kill it. The next academy would depend on when there is a sufficient number of applicants with all phases complete, perhaps late winter or spring 2011.
                    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Generally, that's true. However they have people ready to hire off of the old list and they need people now, not when the first group off of the new list is completely processed.
                      Originally posted by C21 View Post
                      I thought that once new list was established the old one was history?
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• You're dealing with OCA. When it pleases them they will tell you they operate under civil service rules. On the other hand, as a separate branch of government, the robes are often quick to point out that the Rules of the Chief Judge supersede civil service for court employees. They will use or kill lists as suits their purposes. A four year list can have a six year life.

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                          That's what we're hearing as well
                          So could those who got top scores on 45-758 possibly be processed in time for an academy class in winter or spring of 2011?

Comment

• Yes
                            Originally posted by TheBoxer View Post
                            So could those who got top scores on 45-758 possibly be processed in time for an academy class in winter or spring of 2011?
                            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• I took the test in Oct 09, I got my results and got a 28 on it. I appealed the results, and found out I ended up getting an 85 instead. They ended up using a wrong score sheet. No big deal, just lucky I appealed.
                              IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
                              -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by VACOP1 View Post
                                I took the test in Oct 09, I got my results and got a 28 on it. I appealed the results, and found out I ended up getting an 85 instead. They ended up using a wrong score sheet. No big deal, just lucky I appealed.
                                What was that process like? I am reviewing the computational scoring in November but I don't think it's the same process you went through.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13409 users online. 524 members and 12885 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X