300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IzFiyah View Post
    So did full medical....passed everything except vision (without corrective lenses 20/50)...but I passed at the pre med vision without corrective lenses (20/40) portion two weeks ago (strange)...I was told I can retest or have laser eye surgery (kind of extreme for me)...I could understand if I was legally blind or wasn't allowed to drive due to my eye sight but it's not even that serious. My contacts or glasses were never an issue for me to consider the surgery. Also, I'm not even guaranteed the job if I did it...so it's a tough decision. I think I might just let my eyes adjust without my glasses for a longer period of time and then retest.
    Does anybody know the hang up behind this...i mean if you were like 20/100 or 20/200 then I can see the big deal but to DQ someone over it is kind of weird to me. Especially if you do wear glasses or contacts to CORRECT your vision.
    Sorry to hear about that. The vision test for the pre-med and full medical were different. Pre-med was looking at triangles and the full med was the standard "read each line" That's probably why your vision was different.
    Good luck on your re-test.
    Last edited by homers54321; 12-19-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Thanks.
      Those that qualified went on to PAT which is scheduled for Oct 8th @ 7am.

Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
      Sorry to hear about that. The vision test for the pre-med and full medical were different. Pre-med was looking at triangles and the full med was the standard "read each line" That's probably why your vision was different.

It seems like they set the standards so high (higher than what you would need to perform the job) and are very strict about it. Good luck on your re-test.

Comment

• Originally posted by IzFiyah View Post
        Thanks.
        Those that qualified went on to PAT which is scheduled for Oct 8th @ 7am.
        Thanks for answering my question. If you need someone to talk to about lasik, PM me. I had it done 2 months ago.

Comment

• remove post

Comment

• No problem. Thanks

Thanks for answering my question. If you need someone to talk to about lasik, PM me. I had it done 2 months ago.

Comment

• 10characters
              Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• For the Court Officer Full Medical, can anyone tell me what happens when you see the doctor? Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
                  For the Court Officer Full Medical, can anyone tell me what happens when you see the doctor? Thank you in advance.
                  http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening2.shtml

Comment

• Thanks!

It's exactly that. Blood pressure, eyesight (visual acuity, visual field, and color vision) and height/weight. If you have any specific questions about these tests, feel free to ask
                    thank you for that response. I went and it was a bit weird. they measured some for their height...asked others. weighed with clothes on except shoes and jacket. I was 8 pounds over and they gave me a return date. meanwhile, I am a 1/2 inch between height measurements and they took the lower. More than one guy even told me that they measured them at an inch shorter than their own doctors measured them. Also, with me, they measured my BP and it was off the charts... never had a BP problem in my life. Had normal BP at my yearly physical two weeks before, and went back two weeks after my CO physical just to be sure... measure perfect BP again. So, I just figured I'd throw that out there for those who haven't gone yet. I go back in a couple of weeks. I lost 3 of the 8 pounds I need to lose. Gotta kick it into high gear now. I am not a slouch. I am a very active athlete. More muscle than fat. Burning off the water weight and body fat is one thing. Losing muscle mass is totally different and more difficult. Can't believe they don't differentiate between the two. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Good luck on your weight loss. You seem to have a good grasp on what you need to do.
                      Last edited by homers54321; 12-19-2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Thank you all, was this for the Pre Medical?

Comment

• Thank you Slammer.

For the NYPD Medical, about 10-15 of us went into a room in just our boxers. We did about 5 burpees, he checked our hearts and that was it (in 30 seconds)..

What I'm asking is, for the Full Medical, do you strip down to your boxers like the NYPD medical?

Comment

• They don't make you strip down . They just go over the medical form that you filled out and ask if you have any health issues. Listen to you with the stethoscope , bend your arms and legs. Nothing crazy.

Comment

• Thank you CAEX727!

Comment

• Originally posted by CAEX727 View Post
                                They don't make you strip down . They just go over the medical form that you filled out and ask if you have any health issues. Listen to you with the stethoscope , bend your arms and legs. Nothing crazy.
                                So no rectal exam? Damn

I mean good good

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9034 users online. 324 members and 8710 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X