300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stibs22 View Post
    I have a question about the hiring process if anyone cares to help. I have a resume I keep on file and I have had jobs for maybe a couple months and then moved on so on my resume I just extended my job before that to cover the gap and my previously employers are all good people and said no worries they would say whatever I needed to help out. So on my resume there are actually 2 or 3 jobs I have had that I dont even put on my resume and I notice in order to apply for the test I need to fill out my resume. Sorry its taking so long to get to the question so here it is...the NYPD required I have a social security earnings report so any job I had that paid taxes on popped up so I was unable to skip those jobs on my resume. Does the court officer for NYS require you to get an earnings report as well or do they just accept your resume that you hand in? thank you
    If you're talking about applying for the test, you don't need work experience. But, I wouldn't try to hide anything or not disclose previous job if you make it to the BI.

If I misunderstood your question, I apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stibs22 View Post
      I have a question about the hiring process if anyone cares to help. I have a resume I keep on file and I have had jobs for maybe a couple months and then moved on so on my resume I just extended my job before that to cover the gap and my previously employers are all good people and said no worries they would say whatever I needed to help out. So on my resume there are actually 2 or 3 jobs I have had that I dont even put on my resume and I notice in order to apply for the test I need to fill out my resume. Sorry its taking so long to get to the question so here it is...the NYPD required I have a social security earnings report so any job I had that paid taxes on popped up so I was unable to skip those jobs on my resume. Does the court officer for NYS require you to get an earnings report as well or do they just accept your resume that you hand in? thank you

The answer to your question is yes, once the Background starts, Courts will ask you for the social security print out of all your jobs that were on the books. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
        The answer to your question is yes, once the Background starts, Courts will ask you for the social security print out of all your jobs that were on the books. Hope this helps.
        Ok great thanks thats what I needed. Was just 2 jobs I had for about 2-3 months each and looked better on my resume that I had 2 solid jobs instead of 2 good ones and have them question why I left the other 2 so soon and maybe open a can of worms I didnt need but ill have to deal with it Thanks for the help

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
          If you're talking about applying for the test, you don't need work experience. But, I wouldn't try to hide anything or not disclose previous job if you make it to the BI.

If I misunderstood your question, I apologize.
          Thanks I knew I would probably have to include all the jobs its just the stuff such as this that I had to question because of all the things they claim they can find out this one happens to be true (social security earnings report) :P I ran this across a close buddy of mine who is in the suffolk court system and said it might be different than the state but I guess not...Just going through my checklist of stuff to mention and not to mention thanks again.

Comment

• Hey guys I have a few questions I received a canvas letter last month for the conditional appointment should I still apply for this year's exam just to be on the safe side? And last question is I searched through this forum to find more info on the (SRT) and (MSP) units but couldn't really find anything anyway what I wanted to know is how does one qualify for those units and is it possible to join while in the academy?

Comment

• I got my pre-medical screening letter today. Those who got their canvass letter in June, be on the lookout for your letter and don't forget to wear a suit and tie to the pre-medical
              Last edited by homers54321; 12-19-2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                I got my pre-medical screening letter today. My date is set for 8/25 at 10:30am in Brooklyn. Those who got their canvass letter in June, be on the lookout for your letter and don't forget to wear a suit and tie to the pre-medical

Does it state in the letter to wear a suit and tie?

Comment

• MSP and SRT are specialized units. You absolutely will not be joining while in the Academy. MSP is comprised of fairly senior officers. SRT requires the passing of very rigorous physical requirements. Get on the job stay in shape, impress the bosses and you may have a shot at filling an opening.

Comment

• Quick question as I am thinking about taking the test this Fall. How do they decide where to place you after you have been hired? I live on Long Island, so I wouldnt be placed somewhere upstate correct?
                    NYPD EXAM: 4312
                    Score: 9X
                    List: 1XX

NY Court Officer Exam - Oct 2014
                    Score : ?
                    List # : ?

Bridge & Tunnel Officer Exam : March 21 2015
                    Score : 100
                    List : ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike19 View Post
                      Quick question as I am thinking about taking the test this Fall. How do they decide where to place you after you have been hired? I live on Long Island, so I wouldnt be placed somewhere upstate correct?
                      Upon taking the test, you check or fill out which areas of New York you would like to be canvassed for. So, you can only mark downstate areas if you weren't interested in going upstate at all.

Comment

• It says "business attire" in the letter which means suit and tie.

Comment

• Hi all! New to the forum. There's lot of information to read and go through and perhaps this was already asked and answered. I did a thread search on "vision" and didn't see a related post.
                          I recently went in for my premed but failed the vision (uncorrected I had 20/200). I can understand the need to have vision requirements (perhaps a shoot/no shoot situation when you're on duty) but do they enforce the vision requirement after you're hired? Do they perform annual vision checks? What happens if someone is hired and 1 or 2 years later their vision falls below the premed requirement, what happens then? The lady I spoke with (not the medical professional) that handed me the paper that DQ'd me couldn't answer my question. She couldn't even answer my question when I asked "What if I had corrective surgery to improve my vision?" Would I be able to take the premed again? Very nice lady... but unwillingly or was not allowed to answer my questions. Hopefully someone on this forum can!

Also, the equipment they used to check my blood pressure is inaccurate or I was way nervous at that time and my BP registered at 140. Which is funny because the week before and week after I went in for my premed I went to see my doctor for a physical/followup and both times my BP registered 120 and below.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice, info and answers!

Comment

• Originally posted by apokeguy View Post
                            Hi all! New to the forum. There's lot of information to read and go through and perhaps this was already asked and answered. I did a thread search on "vision" and didn't see a related post.
                            I recently went in for my premed but failed the vision (uncorrected I had 20/200). I can understand the need to have vision requirements (perhaps a shoot/no shoot situation when you're on duty) but do they enforce the vision requirement after you're hired? Do they perform annual vision checks? What happens if someone is hired and 1 or 2 years later their vision falls below the premed requirement, what happens then? The lady I spoke with (not the medical professional) that handed me the paper that DQ'd me couldn't answer my question. She couldn't even answer my question when I asked "What if I had corrective surgery to improve my vision?" Would I be able to take the premed again? Very nice lady... but unwillingly or was not allowed to answer my questions. Hopefully someone on this forum can!

Also, the equipment they used to check my blood pressure is inaccurate or I was way nervous at that time and my BP registered at 140. Which is funny because the week before and week after I went in for my premed I went to see my doctor for a physical/followup and both times my BP registered 120 and below.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice, info and answers!
                            When did you take your premed? If you had corrective surgery (Lasik), I think you should be able to re-test. I would definitely give them a call.

I had lasik done 2 weeks ago because I was certain I would fail the uncorrected vision test (I was 20/700 prior to lasik). Now I'm seeing 20/20. If you are interested in Lasik and have questions, PM me and I might be able to answer them. Good luck

Comment

• Has anyone, other than homers54321 receive their premed letter this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
                                Has anyone, other than homers54321 receive their premed letter this week?
                                I'm still waiting for my pre-med also

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16619 users online. 451 members and 16168 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X