Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • action...Good Luck!!

    Comment


    • Hi to all--- I finally received my canvass from 2009 exam two weeks ago. I accepted the conditional NYC canvass. A week later I received notice that the my acceptance was received. For those of you further along in the process or already on the job, how long after your notice was sent out to you did you receive your next notice? Was it for physical fitness? Medical? Other? I appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by republicangopmh View Post
        Hey guys question, would any of you consider Court Officer over NYPD or no? Most likely I'm going to be in the Jan 15' NYPD class, but i'm taking to upcoming CO exam and would like a few opinions.Thanks
        It's two different jobs. Apples and Oranges. Go to PD since your almost there and have a few years until the eligible list comes out for the Courts. Maybe you'll love it, maybe you'll hate it. I know two guys who left PD and while both are happy with their choice they still miss being out on the street. Then in a few years if your really unhappy with PD
        and you get called for the courts you can jump over and take your pension time with you. It's a diff pension tho. Id also take every other LE test that comes out. Better to have options.
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

        Comment


        • X2 Always go for the sure thing first. Then go from there
          RETIRED 9-16-10

          Comment


          • Hey Dinosaur 32, the announcement says you can be appointed at 18. In all your years of service have you seen anybody actually hired that young? Just curious.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
              Question if you live down state but you select an upstate spot do you get put in a downstate academy or upstate academy
              Can anyone answer this question for me by any chance?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                Can anyone answer this question for me by any chance?
                I'm not really sure. I've heard of a guy who lived downstate and got canvassed for downstate but wound up in the Cohoes Academy. I think 9th JD officers go to the Nyc Academy. It's all irrelevant when the new academy opens b/c everyone will go there regardless of where you live. I would think you'd go closer to where you live but can't say for sure.
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                Comment


                • i know a guy that was in the same boat-maybe it's even the same guy. His list was about to expire and NYC wasn't running another class, so he wound up in Cohoes.
                  Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                  I'm not really sure. I've heard of a guy who lived downstate and got canvassed for downstate but wound up in the Cohoes Academy. I think 9th JD officers go to the Nyc Academy. It's all irrelevant when the new academy opens b/c everyone will go there regardless of where you live. I would think you'd go closer to where you live but can't say for sure.
                  RETIRED 9-16-10

                  Comment


                  • I knew someone that was 19. Due to a quirk in Federal law, she couldn't legally buy a firearm from a dealer. (You could buy one privately though) So, her boyfriend at the time bought one and sold it to her.
                    Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                    Hey Dinosaur 32, the announcement says you can be appointed at 18. In all your years of service have you seen anybody actually hired that young? Just curious.
                    RETIRED 9-16-10

                    Comment


                    • Personally have not heard of anyone that young getting hired. Did have a couple of 20 yr olds start as trainees, but by the time they were called for their firearms final qualification, they had turned 21. OCA always tries to avoid setting any standard that might lead to litigation. But the timeline for hiring Court Officers usually will not allow someone that young to be hired.

                      Comment


                      • Can anyone help me with this question?

                        I went to apply for NYS Court Officer but it lists on the application itself prior employment history. Should I put all prior employment even if I was fired from menial jobs while under 18 years old?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
                          Can anyone help me with this question?

                          I went to apply for NYS Court Officer but it lists on the application itself prior employment history. Should I put all prior employment even if I was fired from menial jobs while under 18 years old?
                          I didnt put anything since your work experience is not required for this position to APPLY for it. You can have no experience whatsoever for any job/never held a job and still get hired from my understanding.

                          Comment


                          • Can anyone who's already been through the process elaborate a little more on the different sections of the physical agility test and the degree of difficulty for each. I've seen people mention stepping on the box or the sit ups but nothing mentioned about the upper arm strength or laying down on your back sliding yourself up, etc.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by faith111 View Post
                              Can anyone who's already been through the process elaborate a little more on the different sections of the physical agility test and the degree of difficulty for each. I've seen people mention stepping on the box or the sit ups but nothing mentioned about the upper arm strength or laying down on your back sliding yourself up, etc.
                              Sadly, they don't tell you how much you pass by so we can't really comment on how hard passing is. People can only tell you what they fail on if that makes sense. For the pull up trainers I would recommend hitting the gym and using the pull down machine, and I you are up for spending the money there is an item called "the burn machine speed bag" that was very helpful in prepping for the hand bike.

                              Aside from that prep your cardio and try doing steps on a park bench... It's a long 5 minutes on that box. Once you are done with the box sit down close your eyes and relax don't look at the heart rate monitor as it will only get you nervous and spike your #. Good luck!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by wtfisakwyjibo View Post
                                Sadly, they don't tell you how much you pass by so we can't really comment on how hard passing is. People can only tell you what they fail on if that makes sense. For the pull up trainers I would recommend hitting the gym and using the pull down machine, and I you are up for spending the money there is an item called "the burn machine speed bag" that was very helpful in prepping for the hand bike.

                                Aside from that prep your cardio and try doing steps on a park bench... It's a long 5 minutes on that box. Once you are done with the box sit down close your eyes and relax don't look at the heart rate monitor as it will only get you nervous and spike your #. Good luck!
                                Thank you, very helpful!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11002 users online. 397 members and 10605 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X