300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
    I used a similar one. Worked for me. Brush up on your math skills.
    Thanks will do. So math and memory are the biggies for the test?
    6/13 NYPD Exam 3068
    List# 3XX

12/14 NYS Court Officer Exam 45-784
    List#

Xbox Live: Gaspare718

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
      Any court officer exam book should be good in the sense of getting ready for the test. I also prepped from those books prior to the 2009 exam and found that the test I took then being different from prior exams in booklets I practiced on. The only constant is the memorization part where you read a story for 5 minutes and then answer questions based on details in the story without being able to refer back.
      What about picture memorization, is that on the exam?
      6/13 NYPD Exam 3068
      List# 3XX

12/14 NYS Court Officer Exam 45-784
      List#

Xbox Live: Gaspare718

Comment

• This might be a silly question, but should I consider laser eye surgery prior to the premedical exam? Also, if I fail the vision test, can I be retested?

I am blind as a bat and I don't want to be DQ'd for failing the uncorrected vision test.

Comment

• I got LASIK done last October, and I would recommend it if you would otherwise fail the vision test and you really want this job.

Comment

• Has anyone received a call today?

Comment

• Originally posted by STATENS FINEST View Post
              What about picture memorization, is that on the exam?
              I believe that is correction officer. I know for my county correctional officer exam, we had to memorize 5 pictures in 10 mins and answer 3 questions a piece. But from the practice testing I've done with court officer, its similar to regular police exams.

Comment

• I guess the phones were down today at OCA

Comment

• Anybody? Anything? Another day going by. Cutting this close.....

Comment

• Maybe this is stupid, but I thought I'd ask to prepare. I see that you need to step for 5 mins up and down on a 15 3/4" step. Any recommendations on something that is common without spending a bunch of money? This would be my 1 weakness on the whole physical test. Thanks.

Comment

• Park bench

Comment

• Just go running, they check your heartrate so it's a cardio test. Shouldn't have a problem stepping on a box, just work on your cardio

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                          Just go running, they check your heartrate so it's a cardio test. Shouldn't have a problem stepping on a box, just work on your cardio
                          Damn I hate cardio. I will definitely be working on that, my weight loss and building muscle. I take the stairs up to the 4th floor 4x a week at work. So if I keep doing that, it'll hopefully work towards the goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
                            Damn I hate cardio. I will definitely be working on that, my weight loss and building muscle. I take the stairs up to the 4th floor 4x a week at work. So if I keep doing that, it'll hopefully work towards the goal.
                            Do sprints, that's one of the best exercises you can do to prepare for the step test.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ_longisland View Post
                              I got LASIK done last October, and I would recommend it if you would otherwise fail the vision test and you really want this job.
                              I'm planning on doing the same - How long did the entire process take? i.e. examination; surgery; recovery.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrK82 View Post
                                I'm planning on doing the same - How long did the entire process take? i.e. examination; surgery; recovery.
                                About 3 weeks from the consultation to after surgery where I didn't have to sleep with protective goggles. It all depends how soon your Dr. Can fit you in for surgery after the consult.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5292 users online. 237 members and 5055 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X