Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe depending on what it was it's possible. But they will ask why you were disqualified

Comment

• does anyone know about how long it take after getting the canvassing letter to continue the process

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD11234 View Post
        does anyone know about how long it take after getting the canvassing letter to continue the process
        It'll be different for everybody. After I received my canvas letter, about 3 weeks later I received a date for mini med, which was scheduled for a week or 2 after I got the letter

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGExp View Post
          I believe depending on what it was it's possible. But they will ask why you were disqualified
          I was wondering, did you first email your investigator asking about the outcome of your oral psych, or the investigator made first contact with you giving you an appointment for pre med?

Comment

• Last I heard from my investigator was him letting me know my background eval was finished and I'll be contacted soon for my psych interview which I was contacted that day to set that appointment up. Waited 3 weeks with no word from anyone and was emailed for the pre-appointment.

Comment

• Signed up for the new exam and the following day got a letter from the 2009 exam asking if I was still interested..I said yes but will also take the new exam (Anyone know how long I may have to wait for further consideration after showing current interest of the old exam?). I'm from BK but I live out on Long Island now. I did select the city locations as well as L.I. but for some reason I think I would prefer one of the city locations. I've passed all the other L.E. exams including Customs. I really would like PAPD because I know what that job entails, so much diversity within the agency (from what I've witnessed at their promotion ceremonies) and being that 6 of my friends are officers there as well as my boyfriend who is a Lieutenant. However, NYS Court Officer job work schedule is less crazy than theirs, I assume. I have a two year old so both mommy and daddy can't be out in those streets every night now lol. But anyhow, take what comes your way. Make sure it feels right..it's not all about the money..and stop down playing each other jobs/roles...if you can't respect each other within L.E., Courts, CO's, etc how can you expect the civilians in the streets to respect you. GOOD LUCK everyone!

Comment

• Orange send me a pm. I think we are in the same boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                  Can't answer that. I didn't have to meet with the eval board, they only meet with you if they want to ask you something pertaining to what came up in your bg check. At least that's how it was a few years back, but I presume they're not meeting with every candidate that comes up

EDIT- thought you meant eval board, but still, same thing applies to the psych. They'll ask about red flags that come up off the written test. My psych interview consisted of "everything looks good, you're all set" so it'll vary per person.

Thank you so much. So you are an officer already?
                  CBPO: GS-5
                  Geo/Location: JFK
                  Tested: 3/'13
                  NOR (84)
                  Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                  Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                  Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                  The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                  BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                  EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Any female officers on this forum? If so please let me know, I am looking for a mentor of some sort. I am currently studying for the exam but would love insight as the book states that's the best way to go. Thanks in advance
                    CBPO: GS-5
                    Geo/Location: JFK
                    Tested: 3/'13
                    NOR (84)
                    Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                    Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                    Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                    The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                    BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                    EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Hi I'm a female but willing to take the upcoming test...
                      NYPD Exam 3309......08/2012
                      List# 9xx/1563.........05/2013
                      ApD5.......................07/2014
                      Med.........................01/2015
                      Written psych...........02/2015
                      Oral Psych................02/2015
                      BI............................03/2015
                      JST..........................??????
                      Mini Med...................??????

Comment

• How long it takes to get into the academy after you take the test? Any idea? Thanks
                        NYPD Exam 3309......08/2012
                        List# 9xx/1563.........05/2013
                        ApD5.......................07/2014
                        Med.........................01/2015
                        Written psych...........02/2015
                        Oral Psych................02/2015
                        BI............................03/2015
                        JST..........................??????
                        Mini Med...................??????

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                          I'm new to this board. So I wanted to know if you are able to speak on the oral interview questions or do they make you sign off on not speaking about them? If not can someone please inform me of the questions so I can prepare for it.
                          PM me, I may be able to help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by IzFiyah View Post
                            Signed up for the new exam and the following day got a letter from the 2009 exam asking if I was still interested..I said yes but will also take the new exam (Anyone know how long I may have to wait for further consideration after showing current interest of the old exam?). I'm from BK but I live out on Long Island now. I did select the city locations as well as L.I. but for some reason I think I would prefer one of the city locations. I've passed all the other L.E. exams including Customs. I really would like PAPD because I know what that job entails, so much diversity within the agency (from what I've witnessed at their promotion ceremonies) and being that 6 of my friends are officers there as well as my boyfriend who is a Lieutenant. However, NYS Court Officer job work schedule is less crazy than theirs, I assume. I have a two year old so both mommy and daddy can't be out in those streets every night now lol. But anyhow, take what comes your way. Make sure it feels right..it's not all about the money..and stop down playing each other jobs/roles...if you can't respect each other within L.E., Courts, CO's, etc how can you expect the civilians in the streets to respect you. GOOD LUCK everyone!
                            I love diversity as much as any other cop, but how are you supposed to conduct a proper background check when a candidate was born in a third world country? How do we know he isn't a terrorist, cartel member, or any other criminal? Departments, specifically the NYPD love boasting about the fact how many cops they hire that were from foreign countries, while the internal security of the dept could be at risk. Not to mention I work with these guys and they aren't "cops". They're more like breathing statues that have no pride in police work. You wouldn't be able to get them to fill out a 61 or an aided if their life depended on it, yet we give these guys shields and guns. Diversity is great, if its done right.

Comment

• Originally posted by katy_jimenez View Post
                              Hi I'm a female but willing to take the upcoming test...
                              There are a lot of female officers and we need more. Sign up, take it!
                              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by katy_jimenez View Post
                                How long it takes to get into the academy after you take the test? Any idea? Thanks
                                Could be as long as 5 years or as short as 2 years. Takes about 9 months to get your grade and list number.
                                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12617 users online. 448 members and 12169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X