300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
    I was told by an extremely reliable source that the academy was projected to begin in late July. I received an email in early June to schedule my pre-appointment medical exam.
    When did you take your psych eval? Around that time I took the psych interview so seems you have a few weeks on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGExp View Post
      When did you take your psych verbal and when did you receive notice that you completed it?
      I completed all phases in Nov 2012. I shouldve been in last class but missed it cause I had to retake agility cause it was longer then a yr and didnt pass 5min step. I since retook& passed that and pre hire medical

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
        Not sure about that July 14 th date. It's just about 2 weeks away and it doesn't seem like anyone has been called about it.
        When I took my PAT the training officers seemed to think that the next academy would be at the end of August. That seems more likely but still hearsay.
        After my pre hire medical on June 16th I was told by one of the OCA personnel that the academy is scheduled for July 14th. Things are subject to change but thats what I was told.

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGExp View Post
          When did you take your psych eval? Around that time I took the psych interview so seems you have a few weeks on me.
          I took my psych eval about two years ago. I have been good since then.

Comment

• Does anyone know if your time as a NYC Correction Officer would count towards retirement if switching to NYS Court Officer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jbenz View Post
              Does anyone know if your time as a NYC Correction Officer would count towards retirement if switching to NYS Court Officer?
              Yes it would
              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by Jbenz View Post
                Does anyone know if your time as a NYC Correction Officer would count towards retirement if switching to NYS Court Officer?
                Your NYC Corrections also? I was wondering about that question also

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                  Hows the hiring outlook off of the next test? Anyone know?
                  There will be hiring for sure. How many is the big question. The better you score the better your chances.
                  http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                  NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• There was significant hiring in the '80s. Those classes are now reaching retirement time and age. Promotions are continuing. I know of one command that was assigned 4 officers from the last class. But an officer already on the job promoted to clerk....so net gain to command is only 3. There is a massive amount of open lines system wide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action82 View Post
                      Your NYC Corrections also? I was wondering about that question also
                      Yes, your time and money will transfer over from NYCERS, which will probably put you in a lower tier for NYS but it will not be a lateral transfer. Also there is a form that you have to send to NYCERS after your get your state retirement member number in order for your time to carry over. It will take about 6 months to process.

Comment

• Originally posted by chon718 View Post
                        Yes, your time and money will transfer over from NYCERS, which will probably put you in a lower tier for NYS but it will not be a lateral transfer. Also there is a form that you have to send to NYCERS after your get your state retirement member number in order for your time to carry over. It will take about 6 months to process.
                        Thanks a lot for the info. I have almost 7yrs of city time, would I still have to give OCA 30yrs for full pension?

Comment

• The city time would count towards the 30 yrs. You would have to be 55 though.
                          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                            The city time would count towards the 30 yrs. You would have to be 55 though.

So I would only have to do 23yrs, but be 55 to collect full pension?

Comment

• That's correct
                              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                                That's correct
                                Wow thats great to hear. I thought I would have to still do 30yrs and the time would count at the back end. Thanks for the info

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8352 users online. 264 members and 8088 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X