X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes sense. They just updated the canvassing info on the oca website

Comment

• Originally posted by CelticLEO View Post
      Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions, if someone could, please answer.

A) Can a candidate have tattoos (nothing on hands or neck, just upper and lower arms).
      B) What is the physical agility test to graduate from the academy(1.5 mile run,etc..).

I appreciate any replies. Be safe.
      A) Yes you can have tattoo's but you will have to explain in detail what they are, where they are, where you got them, why you got them, and most importantly what they mean.

B) You have to meet the standards on push up, sit up, 1.5 run and several other activities. You won't be around at the end if they know you can't pass it. You'll be gone way sooner. You should familiarize yourself with cooper fitness standards.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
        Question- If you choose to be canvassed throughout all of New York, is there a better chance of getting hired?
        I would stick to where you live or where your willing to commute to.

Comment

• Canvass

Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
          Called OCA today. They stated that they are still sending out canvass letters.
          Received my canvass letter for NYC today. I scored 86.7 on exam in 2009. Am torn between affirming this canvass or turning it down to wait for Nassau/Suffolk counties which have been stuck at score 91.7 for years.

Anyone know if Nassau or Suffolk are expected to be canvassing lower before all is said and done? Or is it better to go NYC and try to transfer later on? Thanks.

Comment

• I would go for NYC and try to transfer later. As you probably know, there will be a new exam in the fall. I wouldn't want to see you die on this list
            Last edited by soon2retire; 06-21-2014, 12:32 PM.
            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Go for nyc. I highly doubt nassau / suffolk will reach you. Get on then put in transfers

Comment

• Back when I started, I lived in Nassau and naturally wanted to work there. Was told at the personnel interview that only NYC was available. So I went into the Academy and wound up spending my entire career in Queens and the Bronx. No regrets whatsoever. Never put in a transfer to the island either. You'll learn so much more (and have more fun IMHO) in the city.
                Last edited by soon2retire; 06-22-2014, 10:55 AM.
                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Anyone get a call for the panel interview recently? Just wondering what my next step is and how soon to expect it.

Comment

• When you are at the academy is there an opportunity to request a preferred location or do you just get placed at random?

Comment

• Can someone looking to take this test get a fee waiver?

Comment

• This is prob a dum question but during the process can you start it with a learner permit while you wait to take your road test

Comment

• After the psych interview should we expect a letter stating if we qualified in the interview and our case is going to the board? And after the board do they mail you to let you know how you did pass or fail?

Comment

• Don't believe you need a license. I heard that with one you can get details involving a car but only requirement I saw was a state id of some sort not a license

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGExp View Post
                              After the psych interview should we expect a letter stating if we qualified in the interview and our case is going to the board? And after the board do they mail you to let you know how you did pass or fail?
                              I'm wondering the same

Comment

• Also is there another medical if you clear everything and get set up to be in the acedemy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5249 users online. 253 members and 4996 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X