Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopeful...no not like that.....but unlike other agencies that adhere to stricter schedules regarding the life of a list, OCA does as it pleases. OCA is not an agency but a branch of government and sets its own rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      hopeful...no not like that.....but unlike other agencies that adhere to stricter schedules regarding the life of a list, OCA does as it pleases. OCA is not an agency but a branch of government and sets its own rules.
      So they can not have a test for years and just nit pick at the very last one until they feel they need to have a new one? Honestly until I came here and found out about the 4 year exam list civil service law I thought I was valid forever until a notice was released for my special officer stuff. I would prefer something like that though to just keep the list going until you reached everyone that passed.

Comment

• OCA does not do that. But budget constraints let them just keep the last list going. There have been times when a last class was hired off an expiring list to reach certain individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGExp View Post
          My background was finished same day I was contacted to go to psych interview for tomorrow. Anyone know what to expect at the psych interview? What's spoken about nd stuff?
          Hey...let us know if you get committed!!!

Comment

• The men in white coats haven't come yet so I'm hoping it went well and next should be the board evaluation. Gl to everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGExp View Post
              The men in white coats haven't come yet so I'm hoping it went well and next should be the board evaluation. Gl to everyone
              Where was it held and how long was it?

Comment

• Yonkers. Everyone is different but about 15-30 mins

Comment

• Was your background investigation complete before going to Yonkers? I'm curious as my investigator said still waiting to hear from 1 former employee.

Comment

• http://nypost.com/2014/06/09/court-o...er-union-says/
                    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Court attacks on the rise after personnel cuts
                      By Julia Marsh
                      June 9, 2014 | 2:29am

Manhattan Criminal Court
                      Photo: Christopher Sadowski
                      More than 12 city court officers have suffered line-of-duty injuries in the two past months — and judges and jurors could be next, union officials warn.
                      A severe staffing shortage of court officers is causing the chaos, said Patrick Cullen, head of the 1,200-member New York State Court Officers Association.
                      “People need to know it’s not as safe as it used to be when they go to jury duty,” Cullen told The Post, noting that there are 22 percent fewer officers in the courts than in 2010.
                      On May 15, Michael Bryant, on trial for robbery, bucked at returning to a holding area after a Manhattan judge adjourned his case.
                      “I’m not going back! I’ll fight you all!” Bryant said, according to the incident report.
                      When a court officer tried to move Bryant, he lashed out, injuring three guards, the report said.
                      Early last month, a 50-year-old female court guard was punched in the face by an unhinged inmate in The Bronx. She came to work the next day sporting a golf-ball-sized shiner.
                      While criminal courtrooms used to have three officers and a sergeant present at all times, now it’s typically two officers and a sergeant, sources said.
                      The scarcity of staff is especially glaring at the Criminal Court at 100 Centre St. in Manhattan.
                      In place of a desk where an officer was stationed two years ago outside the unlocked office of Supervising Judge Tamiko Amaker sits a soda machine.
                      After The Post revealed in an exclusive article in March that a budget crunch was jeopardizing the safety of the state court system, top judges promised to address Cullen’s concerns, but he said he is still waiting for answers.
                      David Bookstaver, spokesman for the court system, blasted Cullen, however, for “fabricating scenarios such as a spike in injuries.”
                      “It’s just irresponsible,” Bookstaver said.
                      He said there have been 56 line-of-duty injuries in the city’s courthouses so far this year. The totals for previous years were 100 in 2013, 123 in 2012 and 99 in 2011.

Comment

• Bookstaver has never been known for his truthfulness.

Comment

• Word is out. NYCDOC informed us that there is a lot of chatter in the pens about how short we are. Many of these animals have nothing to loose. I wonder if Bookstaver ever visits the officers in the hospital? You know, just to see the fabrication.

Comment

• Does this mean after the 2013 test coming up soon they might start to hire considerably quicker then normal?

Comment

• Please don't turn this site into a negative mudslinging toxic site like the court officer rant. Questioning peoples honesty and hurling personal insults true or not will only serve to ruin this site. Personal attacks and inuendos from people inside the system serve no purpose and provide no help to those coming here trying to find out how to become a court officer. Which, BTW, is the majority of the members...
                              Last edited by protector343; 06-10-2014, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• I believe (and hope) there will be significant hiring from this new test. There has to be so make sure you score well and are in good shape.

@ Protector: What I posted was a print article in the NY Post...with pictures! It serves 2 Purposes: To let the hopefuls know we are short and that there will be hiring in the future and 2: That they know what they are getting into as far as injuries and what could happen. I have provided Tons of info for people trying to get on through my posts and via PM. People also need to know the reality, the risk, and be ready to work. The Court website provides ample info on how to become a CO step by step...with pictures. My criticism of Bookstaver is fair and his assessment is disingenuous because he didn't release LODI numbers before 2010, the only way to accurately make a comparison. I also understand your point so I'll leave off my personal commentary on posts such as the ones above in the future.
                                Last edited by unblindeacon; 06-10-2014, 06:26 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12225 users online. 426 members and 11799 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X