300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply to Take the Next Court Officer-Trainee Written Exam
    In order to become a New York State Court Officer, you must first take the Court Officer-Trainee Written Exam.
    The next written exam will be administered in testing centers throughout New York State on October 18, 2014 and December 13, 2014.
    These dates are subject to change.
    Applications will be accepted ONLINE ONLY and there is a $30.00 application fee.
    The exam filing period opens June 19, 2014 and ends on August 14, 2014.
    You will be able to apply on the website starting June 19, 2014.

https://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• How is the retirement?

Do they have any patrol units or k-9?

Comment

• How long does the full medical take?

Comment

• How long after the exam do you get invited to the pre-medical?
          NYPD Exam #1309
          List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Retirement is NYS Tier6...used to be 30/55. You can still retire at 55 but with reduced benefits.

No K-9 unit lol. There is a SRT unit and MSP Patrol in every borough of NYC. Officers also patrol in and around court facilities but we aren't on the citywide answering jobs. We answer internal job ranging from calendar calls, aided's, EDP/ disorderly persons and so on. Other officers are on fixed posts like magnetometers or in court rooms calling cases, running prisoners etc.

I think the full med takes a couple hours depending on how many people are there.

You'll get called according to the jurisdiction you choose and rank number. Could be months could be years could be never. It's up to you to score well.

I recommend searching this thread. You'll find all the answers to your questions in here.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by BW2122 View Post
              How long does the full medical take?
              The answer to my question is it took just over 3.5hours for me today.

Comment

• When will the first hiring be off the new exam? Will they start picking names right after the December exam?
                NYPD Exam #1309
                List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Last Month PAT

Originally posted by New Job View Post
                  What happened to this thread? Lots of info going back and forth and then basically died recently....
                  I took the PAT early May, passed, met with investigator and took written psych test all in one day. Haven't heard anything since. It would seem they were fast tracking the process.
                  Anyone been contacted?

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
                    I took the PAT early May, passed, met with investigator and took written psych test all in one day. Haven't heard anything since. It would seem they were fast tracking the process.
                    Anyone been contacted?
                    same thing here, passed everything and no contact since. Last thing I was told from the investigator was "if I need anything I will contact you"

P.S. Does anyone know when this exam 45-758 expires.
                    Exam# 2326/ List 3***
                    APD5- Finalized 1/2014
                    Medical-3/2014
                    Written Psych-5/2014
                    Oral Psych-6/2014
                    Mini Med-11/2014
                    JST-11/2014

Comment

• Hiring from this year's exam is at least a year after the December test. Creating a list is a fairly involved process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                        Hiring from this year's exam is at least a year after the December test. Creating a list is a fairly involved process.
                        What I meant was the last exam that was given in 2009 "45-758" that everyone is currently processing. When does it expire?
                        Exam# 2326/ List 3***
                        APD5- Finalized 1/2014
                        Medical-3/2014
                        Written Psych-5/2014
                        Oral Psych-6/2014
                        Mini Med-11/2014
                        JST-11/2014

Comment

• The list expires when OCA sh*t cans it. OCA will use that list until they are ready to hire from the new list. OCA only follows Civil Service law when it suits them. Very technically, OCA operates under the rules of the Chief Judge, not Civil Service.

Comment

• My background was finished same day I was contacted to go to psych interview for tomorrow. Anyone know what to expect at the psych interview? What's spoken about nd stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                              The list expires when OCA sh*t cans it. OCA will use that list until they are ready to hire from the new list. OCA only follows Civil Service law when it suits them. Very technically, OCA operates under the rules of the Chief Judge, not Civil Service.
                              oh so this will be another take it and forget about it exam huh

Comment

• Depending how you score yep. Forgot about mine for 4 years. Woke up one morning and it all began.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13042 users online. 492 members and 12550 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X