Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would to try and become a court officer,just not really liking the top pay. Did they recently drop it? I thought it washigher the 67k

Comment

• Lol I don't like it either. 67k is max base. You have to add in location, longevity, uniform pay. Still our top salary is rapidly becoming uncompetitive with other LE jobs. Being without a contract 3+ years doesn't help either.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Yeah,that's almost 20k then my max base. Plenty of ot at my job,not that much for court officers right?

Comment

• OT largely depends on your command. Arraignment parts in NYC have the most by far in order to comply with habeaus corpus laws. You also have to factor in that's it's a 35hr work week.

Comment

• Anyone take the physical last Tuesday? Anyone taking it tomorrow?

Comment

• I have a question. I know what the ny courts website says, however, I also know that it is not always the most up to date. My quetion is , has anyone with a score of 86.7 in the nyc area been canvassed yet?

Comment

• What happened to this thread? Lots of info going back and forth and then basically died recently....

Comment

• I received a letter dated 3/7 conditionally appointing me to Suffolk. Today I received my pre-screen medical appointment for 5/15. Anyone else?
                  (Rank 21xx)

Comment

• On the day of the physical do we show up in a suit then change or just go in work out clothes and stay like that for the day?

Comment

• For the physical agility test you are allowed to show up in work out attire. There is no need to get dressed up. Make sure to bring a pen.

Comment

• NYS Courts will be giving the 10/18/2014 and 12/13/2014. According to their website. Filing opens in June

Comment

• any study material for the test in October Im looking into taking the test.

Comment

• www.passbooks.com
                            They usually come out with a new edition before an exam but they are currently only offering the 2009 edition. It probably doesn't matter if you study from a prior edition but there is information regarding the current benefits, salary, etc in place at the time of that exam. If u want to know when the new edition will come out you may email [email protected]. As far as purchasing the book, they are located at
                            212 Michael Drive
                            Syosset, NY 11791
                            If you pick it up you can save on shipping, but they accept cash only.
                            Good luck!!
                            Last edited by BW2122; 05-15-2014, 09:14 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

• Figured I would give you hopefull's a breakdown of what to expect at the very first step the pre-medical. Mainly, because i was hoping someone would post something before I went to take mine but no one did. Having gone through the NYPD process I expected a very similar process but the two are very different. Alright, so here's the deal.
                              -Take the train. You will not get parking in that area of downtown Brooklyn.
                              - When you first arrive you will go through metal detectors. You will then be instructed to go to a room down the hall on the left hand side where you will sit and wait in a room with a bunch of other candidates. Try and get there a bit early. I was in the first group of people called upstairs.
                              - Everyone now goes up to the second floor into the medical testing area. You fill out three quick pages of information. At this point you will be asked to take off your glasses/contact lenses. They will write the exact time down that you take them off because they are obligated to give you 30 minutes for your eyes to "adjust" Personally, this was an issue for me because I have terrible vision and need my glasses/contacts. Although, i do understand the logic it was of no help for my eyes to adjust when it came time for the testing.
                              -After the three pages are filled out you stand on a line and the first thing they do is the color blind testing. That is pretty straight forward, read the numbers in the colored circles.
                              -Next up is height and weight. This was not too accurate as I happen to be a pretty tall individual and the woman administering the test actually asked me how tall i was...I told her my height and yet she still put down another measurement that was off by almost 2 inches...still confused about what happened there. The weight was pretty straight forward
                              -Next up is the vision testing...this is the part that got alot of poeple DQ'ed while i was there. This testing is unique as I have processed for several different exams and the way it is done with the courts is that you get a picture. In the picture there is diamond. You have a left, right, bottom and top side. You have to say which side you see a pattern on. As someone with poor vision this was extremely difficult for me and much harder then the standard eye exam administered.
                              -Next up is the blood pressure. Suprisingly, quite a few people had high blood pressure. I even heard one individual arguing that he had alot of salty food the night before and that was the reason. He wanted to be re-tested later in the day. They said no and re-scheduled him in 30 days. Luckily, I was good to go.
                              AT this point there are two women who collect your information, review it quickly and decide whether you will go to the next step of processing or if you will have to go for additional testing based on what the papers say.
                              Your day is now done and everything will take about two hours. After that you will probably want to eat because if your like me you probably had to cut quite a bit of weight to make the weight requirements. There is a pretty great deli right across the street from the building!
                              Another thing that I noticed is that the NYS Courts processing are pretty relaxed. This seems to be a great career that if you can obtain is probably one of the best law enforcement gigs in NYC.
                              I do not check the forumns to much these days so if anyone has any questions about anything I stated feel free to send me a message and I will try to get back to any of you A.S.A.P!

Hope this information helps!
                              Exam: 1315
                              APD5: submitted

Comment

• Good post on what to expect. Good luck with processing. Any questions PM me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6241 users online. 345 members and 5896 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X