X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
    Still no pre-med letter. Received canvas letter on 3/20. Losing hope

Already tried calling and they told me to wait. No response by email
    What was your rank if you don't mind me asking? I received letter same day as you and passed pre-med, invited to full med. Still don't know full med date yet. My rank is in 5000's. They told me the response to the canvass letters was larger than they expected.

Comment

• for what district are people getting there letters for

Comment

• Originally posted by spidy12 View Post
        for what district are people getting there letters for
        nyc

Comment

• At what point do they contact you employer. I handed in my BI paperwork yesterday and have my interview next week. Wondering when I should tell my supervisor.

Also any advice on what to expect on the background interview.

Comment

• Dinosaur32 Please check PM thanks.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Soon2retire if your still OTA please check PM

Comment

• Unblind...I responded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clo 49 View Post
                  Here is a link to legislation bill S4535 This is the bill that might ultimately get Court officers police status. http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S4535-2013

The NYC COBA (city correction officers) recently tried obtain police officer status from the state. That did not happen as the bill was stalled and died in committee. 40 years ago, Council 82 tried the same thing in obtaining police officer status for state correction officers. That effort failed as well. The prognosis for state court officers getting police officer status under the CPL is not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

The NYC COBA (city correction officers) recently tried obtain police officer status from the state. That did not happen as the bill was stalled and died in committee. 40 years ago, Council 82 tried the same thing in obtaining police officer status for state correction officers. That effort failed as well. The prognosis for state court officers getting police officer status under the CPL is not good.
                    Question whats the real issue with these statuses? How could court officers benefit from this? Correction officers? Any other peace officers? I dont see the real reason as to why its not all one other then the training requirements. why not have everyone go thru the same training and give everyone the same status? Im guessing money right?

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                      Soon2retire if your still OTA please check PM
                      Pm'ed back
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Corrections don't need police officer status, as in most states they're not even LE. Court Officers need police officer status, as in most states they're deputy sheriffs.

Comment

• Thanks for the responses dinosaur and soon2retire. This is FAR from over. I'm confident the junior officers will step up the the plate to preserve our future. Thank you both for your support!

Comment

• Originally posted by SkellTF View Post
                            Corrections don't need police officer status, as in most states they're not even LE. Court Officers need police officer status, as in most states they're deputy sheriffs.
                            I can do everything PD can except execute arrest warrants and there are limitations on what you can arrest for off duty. If I had the ability to execute arrest warrants I would be making collars left and right. warrant = No jury duty. Figures they'd show up for jury duty but not their criminal case lol. So I can have a guy come in trying to get out jury duty, pop a felony warrant and I have to let him walk. Nice way of keeping NYC safe right? We don't answer outside jobs like PD and we don't house inmates like corrections. We are basically the red headed step children. However what we actually do is somewhere in between the two. As SkellTF posted, my job is done by deputy sheriffs in most other states. In NY We are peace officers with added police powers (Ie VTL, SQF). Should we have the status? Yes. Will we? Prob not.

Also I like your rat squad pic SkellTF LOL. Remind me to tell you the story of the CCRB kid who threatened to report me to IAB. He had no clue.
                            Last edited by unblindeacon; 04-18-2014, 08:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• I just received my full medical appointment which is this Monday, all of 6 business days since my pre-med. I still need to get a certificate of disposition from a court house for a summons I received twenty years ago! Is this going to be a problem or will the investigator let me forward it later in the week? Thanks for any response.

Comment

• When I went they said gather as much as you can but bring everything you have even if it isn't everything so I'm sure they have another means for you to send it to them when you obtain the docs

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10046 users online. 440 members and 9606 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X