Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I have been following the posts on here and I have my pre-med tomorrow. I see that you probably had your full med already. Do you know when your physical agility test is? Thanks and good luck!

Comment

• I took the test in 2009 and currently going though the process with the investigator do I need to take the test again this year

Comment

• Originally posted by spidy12 View Post
        I took the test in 2009 and currently going though the process with the investigator do I need to take the test again this year
        I would. You never know what could happen in your life that changes things or if your list will expire before your hired. Better to be on a backup list then out altogether. Cheap insurance.
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Why? Is it possible when your going through the process that they won't have an academy class? I'm in the same position and want to know if I should take the upcoming test too. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by mc608 View Post
            Why? Is it possible when your going through the process that they won't have an academy class? I'm in the same position and want to know if I should take the upcoming test too. Thanks!
            It is always possible that budget constraints will force the state to cancel all future classes or impose a temporary hiring freeze. Also, it is very possible that the list could expire before you get hired. Say, for example, the list was about to expire but they were going to put one more class in before it did. If the courts wanted to hire 50 recruits they would have to have at least that many ready to go, more just to make up for declinations. If the state only authorized the hiring of 40 then at least 10 people who completed the process would not get hired. Also, say if before being hired your fitness test expired and you had to re-take it. You normally get an opportunity for a re-test if you fail. However, if the list was expiring in two weeks and the class was scheduled to go in right before that, your re-test date would not be until after the list expires. You would be out of luck. There are many other scenrios where you begin and maybe even complete the process but do not get hired. It happens all the time to candidates for many different agencies. It happened to me a few years ago for a different agency. If you want this particular job, take the test just to be safe.

Comment

• The state does not tell OCA how many officers to hire. Once the OCA budget is approved it is fully controlled in house. The courts are a separate branch of the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                The state does not tell OCA how many officers to hire. Once the OCA budget is approved it is fully controlled in house. The courts are a separate branch of the government.
                Correct. I do know that the judicial branch is separate. I was up for the class that went in in early September. The chief of the academy told us that they wanted to hire between 50-75 but ultimately only got approval for approximately 30. This is what I was referencing. The concept is the same but my NYS reference was incorrect.

Comment

• Let's not forget it was only a few years ago that they cancelled a class the day before it was supposed to start. Things happen. Just take the new one.
                  http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                  NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Follow unblindeacon's advice. Quite probably OCA will use the current list until the next list is out and candidates are in process. However, there's no way of predicting the fiscal realities for the year + that it will take to promulgate the list.

Comment

• Here is a link to legislation bill S4535 This is the bill that might ultimately get Court officers police status. http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S4535-2013

Comment

• That bill was passed a coiled of years ago and vetoed by the governor. The chief judge pushed for the veto........he is not your friend. Maybe next year after he is forced to retire. Most in the legal community will not admit this, but the only reason he is cj is his close friendship with Gov Patterson.

Comment

• Still no pre-med letter. Received canvas letter on 3/20. Losing hope

Already tried calling and they told me to wait. No response by email

Comment

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                            Still no pre-med letter. Received canvas letter on 3/20. Losing hope

Already tried calling and they told me to wait. No response by email
                            ok well at least im not the only one, i was starting to get nervous for a second, and i got my letter 3/07. I am guessing that they are processing the thousands of people before me being that my rank was in the 14,000s

Comment

• @[email protected], don't loose hope the letters will come, while you are waiting I strongly recommend checking the height/weight chart to see if you are not over weight. They are very and I mean very strict on that, I myself received a conditional pass because i wasn't too far from my mark. I didn't take the ninety day retest, so if I am overweight at the full physical I will be out of the process. A lot of people get disqualified on the weight,so just be patient and good luck.
                              Last edited by krull; 04-15-2014, 06:33 PM.
                              Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• What was your rank if you don't mind me asking? I received letter same day as you and passed pre-med, invited to full med. Still don't know full med date yet. My rank is in 5000's. They told me the response to the canvass letters was larger than they expected.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12706 users online. 475 members and 12231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X