300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rank 2xxx

how long does it take to get that far in the list?

funny, a few people with my last name got the same score haha

Comment

• what list # are they upto on the old exam?

Comment

• This post is directed at soon2retire and any other current or former COs:

Here's what the Court website has the last tests numbers at:

New York City rank# 6072 score 83
        3rd Judicial District rank# 6021 score 84
        4th Judicial District rank# 6029 score 84
        5th Judicial District rank# 9959 score 80
        6th Judicial District rank# 12089 score 78
        8th Judicial District rank# 14420 score 75
        9th Judicial District rank# 3015 score 87
        Nassau County rank# 439 score 94
        Suffolk County rank# 2975 score 88

I have two questions about the prior rankings (2005 exam) above:

1. Are those the numbers reached for processing of potential candidates (going through all steps but never being hired) or actual 'new hires'?

2. What I gather from recent postings is a few new recruits are entering the academy with an exam ranking between 1500-2500. How can this be if the ranking list above shows they reached over 6,000 in many districts? Am I missing something here?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• I don't know the answer to your 1st question. As to the 2nd, it could've been people who declined previously,were in the military at the time, or had an issue that had to be resolved (IE: an older person's background has more to investigate than an 18 year old's)
          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• So here's a funny question, do you think I'll ever get a call with a list # like 278**?
            "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

• Nope, probably not.

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                I don't know the answer to your 1st question. As to the 2nd, it could've been people who declined previously,were in the military at the time, or had an issue that had to be resolved (IE: an older person's background has more to investigate than an 18 year old's)
                Thanks for feedback!
                I have a 5,5xx rank and hoping they reach that number in time.

Comment

• Does NYS require the test results, scores, and names to be published? Was this exam considered as a Civil Service Test?

Comment

• i scored a 96.X list number 2XX. How long do you guys think it will be until i get called? And when do they
                    start hiring from the new list?

Comment

• What is the Cohoes lodging/hotel like? Is it a decent size?

Comment

• Joe the Boss must have really laid it on the new recruits. There is always light activity on the site after class goes in. I can hear it now (paraphasing) "stay off the internet, it is misleding."

Comment

• LOL The Cohoes contingent will quiet down next week
                          Originally posted by Letmypeoplego View Post
                          Joe the Boss must have really laid it on the new recruits. There is always light activity on the site after class goes in. I can hear it now (paraphasing) "stay off the internet, it is misleding."
                          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Hey guys. I just thought of something... Are any meals included with the lodging during the academy? I'm thinking probably not, so the hubs and I had better budget for a lot of meals out for him! ;-(

Comment

• Food is not provided. Last I heard you were allowed to go home on the weekends but had to be back on Sunday night by 10pm and if you stay over Friday and Saturday, you have to pay for the room for those nights
                              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• That's what I figured. Thanks! Hubby is definitely coming home on the weekends. Technically, he probably doesn't even have to lodge during the week, but we decided it'd be better for him that way. Even if he came home in the evenings, he'd be studying and whatnot, and there's a lot more distractions at home wth 15-month-old twins! lol So I'll manage the homestead and he'll focus on getting through the academy. ;-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7611 users online. 408 members and 7203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X