Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried to contact the person assigned to me by phone and email the beginning of this week to confirm my appointment but he never called back or responded. What should I do in this situation? Contact someone else? Or just show up for premed and explain the situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGExp View Post
      I tried to contact the person assigned to me by phone and email the beginning of this week to confirm my appointment but he never called back or responded. What should I do in this situation? Contact someone else? Or just show up for premed and explain the situation?
      Don't just show up, I was there and they have a printout of the people that confirmed and they check your ID against the list. Try calling (COURT OFFICER PROCESSING & MEDICAL SCREENING UNIT Processing Hotline: (212) 428-5511) they might be able to help you.
      Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• Called that number said no one is assigned and it hung up on me... Then I called who I was assigned to and left another message with him.. There are 5 other contacts on this page should I try one of them instead?

Comment

• Yes, if I were you I would try every single one of them until I get a response.

Comment

• Yes, I suggest you contact every single person on that form until you get a response. Best of luck!

Comment

• Good luck to everyone in the process. Remember, the only one that can mess this up is YOU !!
              Last edited by Clo 49; 03-30-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clo 49 View Post
                Good luck to everyone in the process. Remember, the only one that can mess this up is YOU !!
                In what way could we mess it up? Besides like failing the physical which is understandable? If your background is completely clean from any trouble with the law at all and u pass all your physical requirements and Medicals is the academy spot pretty much a sure thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGExp View Post
                  In what way could we mess it up? Besides like failing the physical which is understandable? If your background is completely clean from any trouble with the law at all and u pass all your physical requirements and Medicals is the academy spot pretty much a sure thing?

Showing up late for appointments, not following instructions, failing to submit proper paperwork, submitting incomplete paperwork etc... Lot's of things an individual can do to "mess" up. And no, it's not a sure thing...

Good Luck....
                  Last edited by protector343; 03-31-2014, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys, I was canvassed for NYC last week and have to reply by today ... I live in Suffolk County and my question is: Since there is 15 months left before this list expires, do you think I have a chance to be canvassed by Suffolk or Nassau Counties in that time period? My score was 88.3 and I see that Suffolk and Nassau are down to canvassing the 91.7 scores ... I have 6 hours left to make a decision on this, so any quick feedback would be much appreciated ... thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                      Hey guys, I was canvassed for NYC last week and have to reply by today ... I live in Suffolk County and my question is: Since there is 15 months left before this list expires, do you think I have a chance to be canvassed by Suffolk or Nassau Counties in that time period? My score was 88.3 and I see that Suffolk and Nassau are down to canvassing the 91.7 scores ... I have 6 hours left to make a decision on this, so any quick feedback would be much appreciated ... thanks
                      I am not 100% sure about this, If I were you I would start the process for NYC, if you get canvased for Suffolk you can change your geographical preference then.

Again I am not completely sure if you can do this, you should call the numbers they gave you and find out.

Comment

• Ok, Krull ... the canvass letter says "If I accept a conditional appointment, I will begin the screening process and I will not be considered for appointment in other locations." That sounds like it would eliminate me from getting canvassed from Suffolk and looks like it would be a total gamble on my part to pass on NYC and wait for Suffolk or Nassau ...
                        Originally posted by krull View Post
                        I am not 100% sure about this, If I were you I would start the process for NYC, if you get canvased for Suffolk you can change your geographical preference then.

Again I am not completely sure if you can do this, you should call the numbers they gave you and find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                          Ok, Krull ... the canvass letter says "If I accept a conditional appointment, I will begin the screening process and I will not be considered for appointment in other locations." That sounds like it would eliminate me from getting canvassed from Suffolk and looks like it would be a total gamble on my part to pass on NYC and wait for Suffolk or Nassau ...
                          There is always opportunities to transfer later on, we waited for over four years for this are you really going to take a chance on getting canvased for Suffolk? I don't know how many courts or officers the county has I am willing to bet its not many.

On the previous list if I am not mistaken they did not go that far down the list as NYC.

I suggest that you start the process and take the job if it is offered to you, just my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
                            There is always opportunities to transfer later on, we waited for over four years for this are you really going to take a chance on getting canvased for Suffolk? I don't know how many courts or officers the county has I am willing to bet its not many.

On the previous list if I am not mistaken they did not go that far down the list as NYC.

I suggest that you start the process and take the job if it is offered to you, just my two cents.
                            Last edited by Monkeyboy49; 03-31-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Gotcha, Krull ... I have 3 hrs to make a decision and most likely will go for the job in NYC ... thanks ...
                              Last edited by Monkeyboy49; 03-31-2014, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post

Gotcha Krull ... I have 3 hrs to make a decision and will most likely go for the job in NYC ... thanks for your input ....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7608 users online. 386 members and 7222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X