300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ohhsheet_itsda5-0 View Post
    Prob goes by list #.....I was 29xx and got mine last tuesday 3/18. I got the conditional appt letter monday 3/10.
    Sit tight....im sure youll get it! I think someone mentioned theyre filling dates up to 4/11 for the pre med.....maybe later this week I would call HR if u still didn't receive it just to check on status.
    Yea, I'm sure you're right. My list # is 35XX and I received my conditional appointment letter on 03/12. I'm hoping I receive the pre-med this week, if not then I'll definitely follow-up with HR.

Comment

• Just sent in my conditional offer....no dates scheduled. I'm panicking though because I have a trip booked in April and will be out of state.

Does anyone know if they will allow me to work around that if I should get an appointment date that conflicts?

Comment

• Originally posted by PACE View Post
        Just sent in my conditional offer....no dates scheduled. I'm panicking though because I have a trip booked in April and will be out of state.

Does anyone know if they will allow me to work around that if I should get an appointment date that conflicts?

I was in the same predicament as you, call this number (COURT OFFICER PROCESSING & MEDICAL SCREENING UNIT Processing Hotline: (212) 428-5511) ask them if they can check if you were scheduled for a Pre-Screening Medical and for when.
        Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
          I was in the same predicament as you, call this number (COURT OFFICER PROCESSING & MEDICAL SCREENING UNIT Processing Hotline: (212) 428-5511) ask them if they can check if you were scheduled for a Pre-Screening Medical and for when.
          Thanks, man....appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ohhsheet_itsda5-0 View Post
            Prob goes by list #.....I was 29xx and got mine last tuesday 3/18. I got the conditional appt letter monday 3/10.
            Sit tight....im sure youll get it! I think someone mentioned theyre filling dates up to 4/11 for the pre med.....maybe later this week I would call HR if u still didn't receive it just to check on status.
            Speaking of which, I just got my Pre-Med! Best of luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrK82 View Post
              Speaking of which, I just got my Pre-Med! Best of luck!
              Same here!

Comment

• I am scheduled for Pre-Medical also, and have already printed out the Personal History Questionnaire and am trying to gather as much information as I need way before meeting with my investigator. Do they request college transcripts, or do we have to obtain Sealed Official Transcripts from them? I believe that is how NYPD requests them, (I remember reading it on one of the boards, not actually sure they still do it that way). I went to several colleges with no disciplinary actions (graduated high school at 17, and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with myself.) Im hoping they will look past the college hopping. It was over 25 years ago. I was going to leave out one because I only went a half of a semester and then officially withdrew. Do they do their own background investigating on colleges too, or just contact the schools you supply them with?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSCourtOfficerHopeful View Post
                  I am scheduled for Pre-Medical also, and have already printed out the Personal History Questionnaire and am trying to gather as much information as I need way before meeting with my investigator. Do they request college transcripts, or do we have to obtain Sealed Official Transcripts from them? I believe that is how NYPD requests them, (I remember reading it on one of the boards, not actually sure they still do it that way). I went to several colleges with no disciplinary actions (graduated high school at 17, and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with myself.) Im hoping they will look past the college hopping. It was over 25 years ago. I was going to leave out one because I only went a half of a semester and then officially withdrew. Do they do their own background investigating on colleges too, or just contact the schools you supply them with?
                  I didnt know you needed college credits to become a NYS court officer.

Comment

• Just got my pre med letter for 4/2 @ 9am. Anyone else got the same.
                    Exam# 2326/ List 3***
                    APD5- Finalized 1/2014
                    Medical-3/2014
                    Written Psych-5/2014
                    Oral Psych-6/2014
                    Mini Med-11/2014
                    JST-11/2014

Comment

• You don't need college credits, but they request a transcript from colleges you attended, as part of their Background Investigation.
                      Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                      I didnt know you needed college credits to become a NYS court officer.

Comment

• Honestly, i know its good to be proactive and all but when they ask me to fill out forms, thats when ill do it. The only thing maybe is to order your transcripts but other than that I would wait to do anything until instructed.

Anybody see the article in yesterdays post about how short staffed court officers are and how there are judges refusing to open a court room because lack of security....i have a feeling theyre going to hire a big class and rather quickly

Comment

• It was not a judge that refused to open the courtroom, it was the court clerk assigned there. Hopefully, as you said they hire many more officers because they desperately need them
                          Last edited by soon2retire; 03-25-2014, 08:11 AM.
                          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Went for pre-medical today. Was told that they are tying to expedite this group quickly and advised to go to Social Security in person and request my work transcript, as well as filling out Personal Questionnaire. Scheduled for my Full Medical in a week. Was in and out in exactly one hour.

Comment

• Went for pre-med today. Did not take hearing test.
                              Originally posted by AZ_longisland View Post
                              In there a hearing test on the pre med?

Comment

• Went for pre-medical today. They said they are trying to expedite this group quickly. They advised me to go over to Social Security and order work history and bring it with me to the medical which was scheduled on the spot for next week. They also advised me to print out Personal History Questionnaire and to bring that too. Hope that helps. :-)
                                Originally posted by ohhsheet_itsda5-0 View Post
                                Honestly, i know its good to be proactive and all but when they ask me to fill out forms, thats when ill do it. The only thing maybe is to order your transcripts but other than that I would wait to do anything until instructed.

Anybody see the article in yesterdays post about how short staffed court officers are and how there are judges refusing to open a court room because lack of security....i have a feeling theyre going to hire a big class and rather quickly

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12360 users online. 485 members and 11875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X