300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an 85...list 87xx
    What do you think I have a shot of being called for nyc in the future???
    Last edited by nick0525; 07-29-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Cohoes

Just got the call today for the Cohoes academy! Starts in only two weeks. I got hired for the 8th JD with a score of only an 80 so theres hope for lower scores. Just takes a lot of time. I was told we are being put up in a hotel with a room mate! That kind of sucks. But whatever. I imagine a lot more people will be getting the call today. Good luck!

Comment

• When will they start hiring off the new list?

Comment

• Congrats Dirk! I will be starting the NYC academy on 8/2..and I still cant believe it. To those who just got your scores: Hang In there..things ARE moving..the name of the game is patience & determination, and I'm confident you guys will get the chance to get the job. I think that there will be quite a bit of hiring over the next few years... Good Luck...and wish me luck! - deacon
          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by asdft View Post
            I got the same score, and from the looks of the list numbers so did 1000 other people. My list number is 45XX.

My guess would be, going by the last test, I would hopefully get called in about 3 years (For NYC).

Here's what the Court website has the last tests numbers at:

New York City rank# 6072 score 83
            3rd Judicial District rank# 6021 score 84
            4th Judicial District rank# 6029 score 84
            5th Judicial District rank# 9959 score 80
            6th Judicial District rank# 12089 score 78
            8th Judicial District rank# 14420 score 75
            9th Judicial District rank# 3015 score 87
            Nassau County rank# 439 score 94
            Suffolk County rank# 2975 score 88

Anyone have any guesses on how hiring will go for this test? (ie. more or less than the last one)

I have two questions about the prior rankings above:

1. Are those the numbers reached for processing of potential candidates (going through all steps but never being hired) or actual 'new hires'?

2. What I gather from recent postings is a few new recruits are entering the academy with an exam ranking between 1500-2500. How can this be if the ranking list above shows they reached over 6,000 in many districts? Am I missing something here?

Comment

• How is the ranking configured? I see some of us with the same score and we have a ranking of over 1000 numbers apart.
              Last edited by C21; 07-30-2010, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• i scored 88.3 ranked 50XX what are my chances to get called for counties with no more than an hour drive from Putnam County, and how long do you anticipate them getting to my number. (Very disappointed with my score i figured i did better)

Comment

• I got an 85. 9XXX rank. Im also curious how the rankings are ordered. I see people who scored the same over 2000 rankings ahead of mine. Any insight?

Comment

• I emailed the list and certification unit to inquire about the list placement of candidates who get the same score, this is the response I received from them.

"Ranks are established randomly by the computer system. Everyone within the same score are considered equal regardless of rank"
                    Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• Krull,
                      If rank does not matter how is the selection done when it reaches a certain score. Myself and 2000 others have a 88.3 and they only need 50-100 officers, do they process all 2000 candidates? Doesn't make since to me.............

Comment

• C21,

The info I posted was a copy n paste from the email I received, unfortunately they didn't provide more information.
                        You have to bear in mind the list contains the applicants for the entire state, the people who have the same score as you or higher might not be for the same judicial district that you chose.There is a possibility you might get called up sooner than those people because your name came up for your district.
                        Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• Got a 93.4, list # 10XX. If they decide to process me, can I postpone it due to a contractual job obligation?

Comment

• I know someone that is a court officer, I was told ranking is based on your score and when you sent your application in. I scored 85 and my rank number is 7xxx. The way I look at it is that I did better than approximately 27,000 people. Let's start this process rolling because I'm ready to be hired. Bare in mind everyone that passed the exam is not going to fulfill the remaing requirements. For example, some people can't see, hear right, over weight, some have other jobs and etc. I'm keeping faith!!!!
                            SCPD 95
                            NYPD 2311/1XXX
                            Medical 2/12/14 done
                            Psychwritten 2/18/14
                            oral psych 3/3/14
                            BI meeting 4/10/14
                            Jst 4/14/14
                            Mini med
                            Academy

Comment

• Well I got a 93.4% and my rank is pretty good I think (9**). If they continue to hire the way they hired off the last list how long should it be before I begin to process?
                              As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

Comment

• Congratulations and best of luck to all who did well on the test. Ties are listed by random computer selection. There has not been much hiring off of the old list. (The class starting the academy now is only the 3rd in the NYC Academy off of that list) Lots of people are taking the early retirement incentive, so there will be plenty of hiring in the next few years.
                                Last edited by soon2retire; 07-31-2010, 01:15 PM.
                                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12965 users online. 491 members and 12474 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X