Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NyPd G.....OCA stops hiring from a list as soon as the hiring is set up for the next list. They may go through the entire list or not even half. All depends on the number they hire.

Comment

• I didnt take this exam but thought I'd pass to you guys what I heard. A friend of mine,his son got called and they started the upstate academy last week. Just thought I'd let you guys know

Comment

• Congratulations to the NYC class graduating this January 6, 2014. Hopefully they call for another Academy class for 2009 exam list.
        Exam 2005/ 45-722
        Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
        Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• This is a great job. Theres another exam coming out Fall of 2014. Not sure when they open it for filing. For those guys that did take the test, do you have to choose which region you apply for, or you take the test for all of NY. Also, once through an academy, can you go from NYC to upstate or switching is generally not an option? Thanks, I'm currently going through the NYPD process, but I really want to take this test
          Living the dream...

Comment

• There is a location preference form you will fill out that includes all the different JD's in NY state. You will be processed according to rank # in the selected JD. You can fill out a transfer request after probation but with the current freeze your not going anywhere unless you have some juice. Rumor has it another academy class will take place in 2014.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• So up to what score did they process for the 2009 exam?
              New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• I want to wish good luck to all of my fellow 2009 exam candidates, I have withdrawn from consideration. I have the opportunity to move out of state with my current company (non LE), and I cannot turn it down. I get to take my NY salary to Pa, and it is actually more than top pay for CO. I did very well on this exam, and I am a little sad I will not be continuing in the process but this is what is best for me and my family. For anyone considering taking this exam, it's a loooong wait but well worth it from everything I have read from current CO's who post here. I can only suggest you make sure you are in shape, because they don't mess around! For anyone processing for Suffolk, I scored 96.7 and was ranked 3xx, so you have one less candidate competing for the few spots And thank you to all the guys OTJ who answer the same questions over and over again from the hopefuls.
                Last edited by Retriever; 12-12-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli Manning View Post
                  So up to what score did they process for the 2009 exam?
                  According to the website : 91.7 for NYC

Follow the link for all the jd's

Canvassing Information for 2014 EXAM #45-784 Location Preferences/Availability Inquiry Canvass: On April 16, 2019, eligible candidates who scored an 70 or above on the 2014 written examination for List #45-784 were canvassed via email. Candidates were asked to submit a location preference form and select one of four work regions to be considered for appointment:
                  Last edited by unblindeacon; 12-13-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                    I want to wish good luck to all of my fellow 2009 exam candidates, I have withdrawn from consideration. I have the opportunity to move out of state with my current company (non LE), and I cannot turn it down. I get to take my NY salary to Pa, and it is actually more than top pay for CO. I did very well on this exam, and I am a little sad I will not be continuing in the process but this is what is best for me and my family. For anyone considering taking this exam, it's a loooong wait but well worth it from everything I have read from current CO's who post here. I can only suggest you make sure you are in shape, because they don't mess around! For anyone processing for Suffolk, I scored 96.7 and was ranked 3xx, so you have one less candidate competing for the few spots And thank you to all the guys OTJ who answer the same questions over and over again from the hopefuls.
                    I completely understand your decision and wish you well. You have to do what's best for you and your family. We would have loved to have you lol. The dollar goes much further in PA
                    And you'll be able to live a lot easier. Congrats and Good Luck!

Comment

• Does anyone know when the New York state resident requirements are mandatory? In other words am I allowed to take the exam as an out of state resident and just have to move to NYS by the time of appointment to the academy?
                      NYPD Exam #1309
                      List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• For anyone thats like me and wishes to take the next exam.

Comment

• I'll be taking that

Comment

• me too. I took this test back in 2009 and got 81.7, at the time it was my first time taking a civil service exam, looking to do better this time around

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                              me too. I took this test back in 2009 and got 81.7, at the time it was my first time taking a civil service exam, looking to do better this time around
                              I got a 90 on last exam and was never contacted for NYC( yet). Im hearing they'll be moving along with 2009 exam before they start processing this 2014 exam. Fyi- this is one of the hardest civil service exams in comparison to nypd, fdny , dsny etc- u actually have to use your brain on this test.

Comment

• Originally posted by ohhsheet_itsda5-0 View Post
                                I got a 90 on last exam and was never contacted for NYC( yet). Im hearing they'll be moving along with 2009 exam before they start processing this 2014 exam. Fyi- this is one of the hardest civil service exams in comparison to nypd, fdny , dsny etc- u actually have to use your brain on this test.
                                I agree, this exam was the hardest civil service exam iv taken. I scored a 91.7 for NYC. on the 09 exam, Completed the process, now waiting for my list # to be reached if it will be reached, 2400's

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3011 users online. 179 members and 2832 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X