Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the email yesterday from the courts. That email stated a NYC academy would begin on Sept. 23. I'm ranked in the upper 600s and selected NYC. The email stated pre mess would be next week and redoing the agility the week after. The agility is only good for a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
      I got the email yesterday from the courts. That email stated a NYC academy would begin on Sept. 23. I'm ranked in the upper 600s and selected NYC. The email stated pre mess would be next week and redoing the agility the week after. The agility is only good for a year.

Check PM please

Comment

• it was an E-mail

Comment

• I got the email too. I accidentally deleted it because I get a lot of spam and didn't recognize the name. Can you imagine waiting all these years and almost throwing it away. Good luck to everyone. Cant wait to see you all at the Academy.

Comment

• Good luck to you all!

Comment

• The court officer trainee brochure states that there are limited night and weekend assignments. Can anyone elaborate on this? How many officers work nights and what are the hours? Also, due to the fact that more senior officers are given more points added to their test scores, is it very difficult for newer officers to get promoted? Approximately how many court officer sergeants and lieutenants are there? Thanks in advance for any information you guys might be able to give.

Comment

• I guess I haven't gotten an email yet because of my region. I'm in the low 600's but went for the Long Island region. To be honest that almost comes as a relief to me because unlike some of my apparently smarter candidates here I couldn't meet the weight requirement in 1 week. I definitely am disappointed in myself. Who know, I may still hear from them and maybe my pre-med maybe even be another week or two later. So I'll keep with my working out and hope all everything falls into place. Worst case scenario I'll be better prepared if they hire off this list again next year or I'll just go through the entire process again off another test. Good luck to everyone!!!

Comment

• Good luck to everyone. I got my email today to report for my medical and agility retest but due to the fact that the pre-hire med is either tomorrow or Thursday there is no way I could meet the weight requirement in time. I have deferred. It had to me one of the toughest decisions that I've had to make and know I should have gotten myself in shape sooner. 3 days notice just wasn't enough. I spoke to a very nice woman in HR and she said that normally they try to give at least 3 weeks notice prior to the medical but this was sprung on them. She also said that many people have not responded to their emails to be considered for appointment. I'm allowed 1 deferral and she said that if there is another class off this list I will be among the first candidates contacted. Also FYI, she told me this list will be active til mid 2015. Anyone who is curious or preparing medicals are tomorrow and Thursday and agility is sept 5th. I hope some of this info can be helpful to you all. I still hope to be working with all of you some day in the future. Good Luck!!!
                  To find a positive among this disappointment for me, at least now I'll be able to attend my friends wedding in October and I don't have to have a crash diet for the next 2 weeks. Although, I have learned from my mistake and won't let this happen again. If I get contacted for appointment again I will be ready!!!

AGAIN, Best of luck to everyone! Be safe!

Comment

• I think I may have asked this before but I can't remember. Does anyone know what the runs are like in the academy? How far? How fast? How often? Just curious because I HATE running. I've never been a very strong runner. I am currently running 2.5 miles when I go and it takes me about 23 minutes. I usually go 4 times a week. Should I be running more in preparation for the academy or do you think that should be good enough.

Comment

• Just a little communication mixup, I'll be seeing you guys at the medical and PAT!

We're all in this together, we've all made it as long as we get through this!

Congrats everyone and best of luck!

Comment

• @Hoping4it....Sorry to hear that but hopefully you will have another shot next year.

@nairb...Keep working out and improving. It's better to be able to PT than struggle. If you can't PT you WILL NOT last. Don't quit or give up when it gets hard. Tell yourself you can and you will. There is some form of PT everyday.

@Kannons....Officers assigned to MSP, arraignments, and some SRT work nights/weekends. The vast majority work between the hours of 7am and 6pm....ie 8-4. I have no idea how many SGT & LT 's are out there but it's promotion by civil service test. Is it hard to get made? Haha ask me next year There is also court clerk which is promotional as well.
                        Last edited by unblindeacon; 08-26-2013, 06:07 PM.
                        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Has anyone been notified by regular mail besides through email of their PAT retest and medical? I spoke my investigator today and he told me I should be expecting something in the mail for a medical, I took the oral psychological about a week ago and found out through court processing that I passed. Do I still have a chance at getting into the academy, being that I completed the process this late? My list number is in the mid 6xx.

UPDATE: I have been invited for medical and PAT retest... anyone else have their medical this thursday and PAT next thursday? Looking forward to meeting you guys and starting this new career together
                          Last edited by chon718; 08-28-2013, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Great news chon! Congrats! Talk about getting in under the wire. I will be at both also, see you there.

Comment

• P.A.T. here I come.

Comment

• Originally posted by morningstar77 View Post
                                P.A.T. here I come.
                                Congrats morningstar, I have my PAT also scheduled.... Does this mean that if we pass the PAT again, we're going into the academy for Sept. 23rd? Or is it like NYPD where they have the mini-medical before the academy and you still have a chance of not being called?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17729 users online. 474 members and 17255 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X