Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    Heads up guys.

A little birdie told me of two likely academies this fall, one city, one upstate. Reliable source, too.
    From your mouth to Gods ears. I hope this is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbon View Post
      From your mouth to Gods ears. I hope this is true.
      I hope so too. We need you guys...hundreds of you lol. Make sure your squared away and ready. It always seems like the call comes when you least expect it.

FYI Professor : There's a SGT test December 14 if your interested. Also SRT is open. I think training is end of Sept. Not sure if you guys have that upstate ?
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Thanks unblindeacon,

Not sure about that sergeant's test. Not sure if it is worth it. I once made sergeant ( and a little bit further) back in another lifetime, in another place. Not so sure I want to do it for the courts.

And, I heard about the SRT thing. But, the rumors said they weren't looking for any in the 3rd JD. I could be too old to pull it off anyway.

But thanks.
        Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Comment

• Does SRT get a pay increase? or some kind of hazard pay like nypd ESU? JW

Comment

• Does anyone know if you are allowed overtime as a trainee?

Comment

• Sure, trainees can get overtime. But, in some locales, overtime is scarce, for everyone. I hear some absolutely dumbass stories about OT regarding the 4th JD. But I hear others are getting it regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                Does SRT get a pay increase? or some kind of hazard pay like nypd ESU? JW
                I believe SRT is considered an assignment and there isn't any extra pay. I've been told they get a lot of OT and some other perks. I met a few guys during OWS and they were very impressive.

Hey Professor: Your only as old as you feel haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by nairb View Post
                  Does anyone know if you are allowed overtime as a trainee?
                  Before the budget cuts we used to get forced OT regularly. I got OT my first day in the command. It's sporadic now. Arraignment parts have consistent OT.

Comment

• I'm only as old as I feel? Uh oh. That ain't good. LOL.

Comment

• i was thinking of doing the same thing, going upstate.... just wondering if its worth moving upstate with a 9yrs old girl?
                      SCPD 95
                      NYPD 2311/1XXX
                      Medical 2/12/14 done
                      Psychwritten 2/18/14
                      oral psych 3/3/14
                      BI meeting 4/10/14
                      Jst 4/14/14
                      Mini med
                      Academy

Comment

• In my JD overtime was available to trainees after working three months at your command without a firearm. After three months you were sent to requalify again and then you were able to purchase your firearm. After you have your firearm you were able to work overtime. There is a little bit here and there but not much after the closing requirements tightened up.

Comment

• Got an email this afternoon about a pre-appointment medical and retest for the agility (Since I took it more than a year ago). Anyone have any information on an academy date?

Comment

• Never mind. September 23.

Comment

• September 23? Is that an upstate academy or manhattan?

Comment

• Okay so this is what I heard for upstate, october... date is to be determined. @Kannons610-where did you get your information?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4177 users online. 206 members and 3971 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X