300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dbon View Post
    This is to the people who are concerned with taking a pay cut to become a CO. I dont know your personal situation but take it from someone with lots of life experiance, dont make a career decision based on money. If you can afford the pay cut and it wont drastically affect your life or your possilble families life always go with the job that you will be happier with in the long run. Again, I dont know if that means a court officer is the way to go for you but if your able to compare your current job with what you are hearing about this job than balance it out with all the benefits, with the money being last. Trust me its the least important factor. As long as you can make a decent living, enjoying going to work every day means everything. Or at least not dreading going to work, which I have done. A couple of years of struggling is worth it. Good luck to all of you. I hope what ever decision you make is right for you.
    I agree with this post truly. I completed my process for NYC in November, then shortly after was hired by ny doc, and that is a very stressful job, I think taking a pay cut to become a Court Officer might be a move that I'm going to make if I'm lucky enough to be called.

Comment

• Anyone recommend any study guides to use for the next test? Or is it just a basic reading comp test?

Comment

• ....................................1+

Comment

• On the courts website they posted results from a physical held on July 11th. Was anyone on this forum there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbon View Post
            On the courts website they posted results from a physical held on July 11th. Was anyone on this forum there?
            What JDs are these for? There are some low rankings there.
            And the candidates are to report to NYC for background interview.

Comment

• Hello, Does anyone know when the next test will be?
              PAPD
              Tested: 5/18/13
              Qualified

NYSP
              Tested: 10/13
              List: High 15k

Yonkers PD
              Tested: 11/16/13
              Eligible

PWCPD
              Tested: 2/3/14
              PT: 4/8/14 - Passed
              Poly: May ?

Baltimore City PD
              Test: 4/26/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Be successful View Post
                Hello, Does anyone know when the next test will be?
                http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/nextexam.shtml

Comment

• Wow -_- I checked the site and didn't find it before lol Thanks so much though... I'm assuming they will post the actual date later on.
                  PAPD
                  Tested: 5/18/13
                  Qualified

NYSP
                  Tested: 10/13
                  List: High 15k

Yonkers PD
                  Tested: 11/16/13
                  Eligible

PWCPD
                  Tested: 2/3/14
                  PT: 4/8/14 - Passed
                  Poly: May ?

Baltimore City PD
                  Test: 4/26/14

Comment

• I see that the exam is in Fall 2014, when do you think the first class will be off that test? Summer 15?
                    NYPD Exam #1309
                    List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• It usually takes almost a year to promulgate a list. Hiring process most likely would not start for another couple of months.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCPD2246 View Post
                        I see that the exam is in Fall 2014, when do you think the first class will be off that test? Summer 15?

It took 3 years to hire anyone off the '09 test, and even then it wasn't very many people at all. Things may change next year, but for now many people are waiting around for classes.

Comment

• This question may have been addressed already somewhere along the way in this forum but I don't want to try searching 134 pages to find it. I am currently on the eligible list as many of you that read this forum are aware. Myself personally, I don't care much for firearms as a hobby but I do acknowledge their necessity in LEO positions. That being said this year I got my pistol license for the sole purpose of familiarity. I attained the license in June and purchased a firearm shortly after. I have not even yet chambered a round as I'm waiting for a Corrections Officer friend of mine to go to the range to show me the proper way to handle it and the nomenclature. I'm very big on my belief that any idiot can fire a gun but I'd like to know the right way. I want to know the gun inside and out. If I do in fact get hired I didn't want my first day on the range to be my first day getting aquainted to a firearm. Anyways, Getting to my point. I purchased a Glock 19. I was told by a friend that this is what the Court Officers carry however I was just recently told something different. Can anyone, maybe some of the vets shed some light on this? Do they in fact carry the Glock 19? Do they carry whatever they qualify with? Do they have choices? Thanks in advance for the info.

Comment

• I am not a court officer but I remember reading that court officer's qualify with and carry a Glock 19. It is a 9mm pistol with minimal safety features. I am not sure if they are allowed to carry another firearms, but I am guessing they are when tasked with special duties (SRT,MRP). Also some Veteran officer are allowed to choose between the original .38 revolver, or the Glock 19. I read that there is a certain trigger pull that is required to add to the pistol. It changes the force needed to squeeze the trigger, usually measured in pounds... Again I am not an officer, just hoping4it like you.

On another have you, or anybody else heard any rumors of academies in the near future. I know that they have continued to process people, and been putting new people in the ready to hire pool.
                            Hoping4it what was your score and how long have you been cleared for?

Comment

• I have been cleared since last July. Just trying to get back under my weight requirement. I scored in the high 90's. List # is in the 600's and going for the Long Island Region.

Comment

• Doesn't matter whether you've ever shot the gun or not. The instructors will treat everyone as if they've never seen a Glock before. The range officers will teach you how the job wants you to handle the firearm. Of course if you bought the Glock without being on the job you got 10 round magazines. As a Court Officer you are to carry 15 round mags. Hope you can find someone to sell them to you. The Glock you would carry as a Court Officer has a different trigger pull than the civilian version called the New York trigger. Go shooting with your buddy, but rember the range officers will drill their methods into you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12148 users online. 422 members and 11726 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X