Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Leo723 View Post
    How many have been hired since 09 test?
    My guess is about 25 recruits. Only two classes have entered the academy recently and most of the 1st class was from '05 exam. Classes have been small from what I heard (close to 20-25 recruits).

    Comment


    • Originally posted by chon718 View Post
      Yes, I am processing for NYC.
      Odd that your process stopped in the middle of the psych. Usually the background investigation holds it up. And I thought most were already processed and waiting for the NYC area.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Dbon View Post
        Hey chon, it seems strange that they would have you take the psyc test again. When are you taking it? What rank are you?
        pm sent

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
          Odd that your process stopped in the middle of the psych. Usually the background investigation holds it up. And I thought most were already processed and waiting for the NYC area.
          I feel the same way, I kept seeing other members on this site getting their oral psych interviews and kept wondering when I was going to get scheduled. So I call my BI, he tells me that he doesn't know either and will contact me when he needs something or has any further info. So I've just been waiting and then I get scheduled for a second written psych. I'm really hoping this is my chance to complete the process.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chon718 View Post
            I feel the same way, I kept seeing other members on this site getting their oral psych interviews and kept wondering when I was going to get scheduled. So I call my BI, he tells me that he doesn't know either and will contact me when he needs something or has any further info. So I've just been waiting and then I get scheduled for a second written psych. I'm really hoping this is my chance to complete the process.
            I would say it is...I think that you should be fine and just stay positive.
            Good luck!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chon718 View Post
              pm sent
              pm sent

              Comment


              • Anybody have any idea when nyc will be canvassed again?

                Comment


                • Received my letter stating that I completed all phases of the selection process. Hopefully there will be another class soon. Anybody else get any news?

                  Comment


                  • i spoke with my BI yesterday and asked him if he thought they would be having another academy class before the end of the year and he said that they are going back and forth with the idea. he also stated that they have started canvassing more folks from my JD(6) and that was a good sign. now that he has my detailed earnings statement from SSA, he said my process would go more quickly. i am hopeful and excited to finally finish the process! good luck to all!!

                    Comment


                    • Received my letter yesterday to re-take the heart rate portion of the physical exam at the end of July. Thinking about backing out at this point because the money for the first few years on the job wouldn't be anywhere near what I'm at now..... feeling pretty torn because this time last year I was so excited for this opportunity.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
                        Received my letter yesterday to re-take the heart rate portion of the physical exam at the end of July. Thinking about backing out at this point because the money for the first few years on the job wouldn't be anywhere near what I'm at now..... feeling pretty torn because this time last year I was so excited for this opportunity.
                        I am in a similar situation. It would be a HUGE pay cut at this point in my life, and I also need to retest for the heart rate. Don't back out entirely... You have the option to say you need more time to prepare. They will canvas you again. I have done this a few times already, this way I leave the door open to continuing the process if things change down the road. Just my 2 cents.

                        Comment


                        • Got the pre-screening letter in the mail today for 6th JD. I can totally relate to the above two. Right now i am making double the starting salary for the CO. I have a tough decision ahead of me i always wanted this job but im just afraid after 4 years of waiting they just came a little to late.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kilo7echo View Post
                            Got the pre-screening letter in the mail today for 6th JD. I can totally relate to the above two. Right now i am making double the starting salary for the CO. I have a tough decision ahead of me i always wanted this job but im just afraid after 4 years of waiting they just came a little to late.
                            Unless getting the time off for all the steps is an issue, there is no harm in going through the process...If/when you are offered the position, you could decide then.

                            Comment


                            • I really feel bad for you guys. With my current job I do a lot of escorts to CI Court on Long Island and speak to the Court Officers there. They have nothing bad to say about the job (except that they are extremely short handed). But I can see how at this point in your life you need to do whats best for you and your family. Its not just about where you'd prefer to be. I guess I luck out in this case, my pay grade and step from my current position will transfer over to the courts. I just hope something starts happening. In the mean time, dropping weight. Would be pretty disheartening to go through the entire process, be cleared, and get DQ'd for being overweight. Keeping my fingers crossed for some news. Good luck to everyone starting the process. Happy 4th to everyone!!!

                              Comment


                              • This is to the people who are concerned with taking a pay cut to become a CO. I dont know your personal situation but take it from someone with lots of life experiance, dont make a career decision based on money. If you can afford the pay cut and it wont drastically affect your life or your possilble families life always go with the job that you will be happier with in the long run. Again, I dont know if that means a court officer is the way to go for you but if your able to compare your current job with what you are hearing about this job than balance it out with all the benefits, with the money being last. Trust me its the least important factor. As long as you can make a decent living, enjoying going to work every day means everything. Or at least not dreading going to work, which I have done. A couple of years of struggling is worth it. Good luck to all of you. I hope what ever decision you make is right for you.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8536 users online. 271 members and 8265 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X