Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't think that OCA will wait two more years until they have more academies. With the information in the above thread, that is a ways to go. At that point the new list from the new test will be established. I believe the people that pass the new test in 2014 will be hired for the new academy in Brooklyn. So hopefully we will be hearing information of new academies in the near future for the people from the '09 list. Maybe end of summer, early fall? Who knows. All we can control right now is staying in shape and staying out of trouble.

Comment

• OCA employees are still retiring. I doubt that the last class even covered the number of retirements statewide after the last buyout.

Comment

• Just curious, I took the Physical Ability test in Sept. and passed everything except the Heart Beat Recovery (2 heart beats over) and haven't heard or received any info on re-test. Anyone else in my boat?

Lee

Comment

• What' does the heart beat recovery consist of?

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
            Just curious, I took the Physical Ability test in Sept. and passed everything except the Heart Beat Recovery (2 heart beats over) and haven't heard or received any info on re-test. Anyone else in my boat?

Lee
            I just received a letter the other day for retest... and have every few months since I failed it. You should give them a call, it may be dependent on which JD you are processing for

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo723 View Post
              What' does the heart beat recovery consist of?
              You step up onto a 14" high box to the beat of a metronome for 5 minutes. They give you 1 minute of rest and then your heart rate is recorded. It needs to be below a certain number based on your age, height, weight, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by dandl0709 View Post
                Thank you. After u sent back your canvass letter, how long did it take for them to do your pre-med??
                I started processing about a month after sending back my letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                  You step up onto a 14" high box to the beat of a metronome for 5 minutes. They give you 1 minute of rest and then your heart rate is recorded. It needs to be below a certain number based on your age, height, weight, etc...
                  Is this done after physical exercise or normal conditions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo723 View Post
                    Is this done after physical exercise or normal conditions?
                    Your heart rate is measured after the 5 minute step test. Below is a link to descriptions of all the different parts of the test. Hopefully I answered your question...

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ity-test.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by kilo7echo View Post
                      i was 83xx for 6th JD, If the previous post was correct i wish i would have waited for NYC to get down to there instead of saying yes since the new test wont be given for another year
                      I am 11XXX for the 6JD. Iam actually surprised I received a canvass letter, lol. I live down here in NYC, but if everything works out, I will have to move about 3 to 4 hours away and then within time, hopefully can transfer back to NYC or even Westchester county, etc.. YES, I will relocate for this career, as I would think some of you on here would too. Bestof luck everyone.

Comment

• Hey guys, I just wanted to share some information in regards to my process so far . I took the written psychological back in 2011 and met with my background investigator, however I was never scheduled for an oral psychological interview. Today, I received a phone call from OCA about scheduling another written psychological test because my old test expired. Good luck to everyone in the process as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by chon718 View Post
                          Hey guys, I just wanted to share some information in regards to my process so far . I took the written psychological back in 2011 and met with my background investigator, however I was never scheduled for an oral psychological interview. Today, I received a phone call from OCA about scheduling another written psychological test because my old test expired. Good luck to everyone in the process as well.
                          What JD? Is this for NYC?

Comment

• How many have been hired since 09 test?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                              What JD? Is this for NYC?
                              Yes, I am processing for NYC.

Comment

• Hey chon, it seems strange that they would have you take the psyc test again. When are you taking it? What rank are you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7425 users online. 220 members and 7205 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X