Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me crazy soon2retire, but I'm hoping we have already hit the bottom and are on our way up. If SCOA and COA can work together and The new SCOA does what is right for the membership (and not spend money on unauthorized things) then the future looks good. Our worst enemy is ourselves. If we stand together OCA looses. The job has changed in my 4 years... I can only imagine how it's changed for you.
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• As "bad" as some court Officers think the job is today, few of the posters here or on the rant have any idea how bad the job was back in the early '70s.

Comment

• Lol I wasn't even alive in the 70's. I can only imagine. Something to help keep perspective. I like the historical pics. There was a different way of handling business then.. I've heard some stories from guys who still carry revolvers
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by dandl0709 View Post
          hello everyone. I also received my canvass letter for 6 JD today. How long after you return the canvass letter does it take to begin the process? Also, I know what the physical test is to get appointed, but what is the physical test you need to complete in the academy in order to graduate?? Any answers are greatly appreciated. Be safe.
          Congrats on getting canvassed! What was your rank/score if I may ask? This goes for anyone else who has been canvassed this week as well...Curious to know what rank/score they've reached.

Comment

• Congrats! to those who got their canvass letters. The process is a bit long, but will be worth it in the end. My advice is to get in shape and take advantage of the summer months to do it. OCA will fail you in a heartbeat if you are over your limit by one pound. I saw it during my pre-med and no amount of debating the issue will change their minds. I got my canvass letter a year ago and have been through the process for JD4. So if you have questions about the process, feel free to ask. I too am curious about your scores/ranks/and JD's you are processing for. Good luck guys/gals!

Comment

• Originally posted by TDD57 View Post
              Congrats! to those who got their canvass letters. The process is a bit long, but will be worth it in the end. My advice is to get in shape and take advantage of the summer months to do it. OCA will fail you in a heartbeat if you are over your limit by one pound. I saw it during my pre-med and no amount of debating the issue will change their minds. I got my canvass letter a year ago and have been through the process for JD4. So if you have questions about the process, feel free to ask. I too am curious about your scores/ranks/and JD's you are processing for. Good luck guys/gals!
              Thank you. After u sent back your canvass letter, how long did it take for them to do your pre-med??

Comment

• Originally posted by kilo7echo View Post
                After the 2009 test i think they had 80k applicants take the test and i think the list was about 40k for passing
                Is the test something you had to study for? I mean I've passed a few civil service exams already and thought they weren't hard at all to pass but half the people failing seems funny to me.

Comment

• dandl0709- I got my pre-med appointment letter in July of '12 stating my appointment was that September. It gave me plenty of time to get in shape. OCA though could process people very quick or they can take their time. Either way if you are not at your target weight, start getting in shape ASAP. So what JD are you canvassing for? also what was your score and rank if you don't mind me asking? Last, but not least, good luck to you during the process.

The hopeful- there are books you can get on amazon to study for the court officer test. Some people are just not good at taking tests. Also with the 40k that did pass, not all will get a canvass letter from OCA. The JD's only go down a certain passing # for canvassing. For example the JD i was canvassed for only went down for people who scored a 86.6 on the test. Good luck to you if you are going to take the next exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDD57 View Post
                    dandl0709- I got my pre-med appointment letter in July of '12 stating my appointment was that September. It gave me plenty of time to get in shape. OCA though could process people very quick or they can take their time. Either way if you are not at your target weight, start getting in shape ASAP. So what JD are you canvassing for? also what was your score and rank if you don't mind me asking? Last, but not least, good luck to you during the process.

The hopeful- there are books you can get on amazon to study for the court officer test. Some people are just not good at taking tests. Also with the 40k that did pass, not all will get a canvass letter from OCA. The JD's only go down a certain passing # for canvassing. For example the JD i was canvassed for only went down for people who scored a 86.6 on the test. Good luck to you if you are going to take the next exam.
                    yea I've seen some at my library and thought it was a joke. I dont plan on reading a book unless I absolutely have to for civil service

Comment

• Unless there have been some major changes in the test, which I doubt, the test is basically a reading comprehension test. That is why there has not been a successful challenge to the test in almost 40 years. Every answer is in the question. Some pages will have a few questions; other times you might read two or three pages and get asked one question.

Comment

• The NYSUCS/Court Officer website updated the new canvass list and exam date. Looks like the new exam will be in the Fall of 2014. I notice that JD's 4,5,6 went down a grade for canvassing. It seems OCA is using & exhausting the list. Hopefully with the new people being processed they will start an academy(s) in the near future. Definitely looks like a matter of "when" they will start another one.

Could it possibly be that OCA is processing more people for a big class in the new academy in Brooklyn? Even though it will not be ready for another year, possible year&half?

Comment

• Is that true? The new academy won't be finished for over a year? Also, does anyone know for sure if the Cohoes academy has been closed?

Comment

• I see they canvassed down to 85 for 4, 5 and 6....what rank #'s are we talking?
                            dandl0709?
                            kilo7echo?

Could you guys provide a round about rank # for the rest of the forum?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                              I see they canvassed down to 85 for 4, 5 and 6....what rank #'s are we talking?
                              dandl0709?
                              kilo7echo?

Could you guys provide a round about rank # for the rest of the forum?

Thanks!
                              i was 83xx for 6th JD, If the previous post was correct i wish i would have waited for NYC to get down to there instead of saying yes since the new test wont be given for another year

Comment

• I was looking at the DASNY website and found a page with a projection for completion of construction of the new academy.
                                If it is accurate the new academy won't be done until the summer of 2015. With everything I'm hearing about everywhere being so short staffed can they really wait another two years before hiring anybody?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7050 users online. 252 members and 6798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X