Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hello everyone. I also received my canvass letter for 6 JD today. How long after you return the canvass letter does it take to begin the process? Also, I know what the physical test is to get appointed, but what is the physical test you need to complete in the academy in order to graduate?? Any answers are greatly appreciated. Be safe.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dandl0709 View Post
      hello everyone. I also received my canvass letter for 6 JD today. How long after you return the canvass letter does it take to begin the process? Also, I know what the physical test is to get appointed, but what is the physical test you need to complete in the academy in order to graduate?? Any answers are greatly appreciated. Be safe.

      There is a final PAT test different from initial testing. I won't give up details but if you get in good shape and make it to the end of the academy you should pass. The instructors are good at motivation lol. If you don't pass your out. Check Pm
      Last edited by unblindeacon; 06-08-2013, 02:11 PM.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

      Comment


      • I want to ask. Say if someone wanted to transfer from another JD to the NYC JD how hard or possible would that be?

        Comment


        • Not hard...you put in a transfer...but transfers aren't really happening with the current short staffing...there is still a preferred list from people who got transferred against their will. If you want to change your processing jd then contact OCA and they will switch it. You won't get called unless you scored at or above the rank they have called already. Ie if you got a 93 and were processing for jd3 but want nyc you should get called right away because nyc has called to 91. If you got called for jd 3 and you got an 88 and want to change then you will have to wait until nyc gets down to you.
          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kilo7echo View Post
            Well i just got my canvass letter in the mail today from the 6th JD, so it looks like hiring from the 2009 list is still being processed.
            I don't know the numbers but anyone have any idea how many took the test in 2009 and how many passed? I think it was over 100k but not sure.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

            Comment


            • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
              There is a final PAT test different from initial testing. I won't give up details but if you get in good shape and make it to the end of the academy you should pass. The instructors are good at motivation lol. If you don't pass your out. Check Pm
              Thank you for ur reply. please check ur pm

              Comment


              • Replied back... I want to stress to everyone trying to get on this job or any other law enforcement job : get in shape. The better shape your in the easier things will be for you. NO ONE wants to be "that guy/girl" who is always lagging behind and catching attention. The academy is hard enough (for good reason) but the majority of people quit and get fired because they can't PT.

                I like your sig dandl0709!
                Last edited by unblindeacon; 06-08-2013, 02:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                Comment


                • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                  I don't know the numbers but anyone have any idea how many took the test in 2009 and how many passed? I think it was over 100k but not sure.
                  After the 2009 test i think they had 80k applicants take the test and i think the list was about 40k for passing

                  Comment


                  • Thanks for info.
                    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                      Thanks for info.
                      Thanks to you as well. I've been stalking these boards for quite a while and really appreciate all the information and guidance you have provided

                      Comment


                      • No thank you needed. I remember what it's like being on the outside looking in...not only for this job but nypd also. Hopefully I can help you guys out... When I was new and trying to get info a lot of my questions went unanswered so I decided to try to help the unborn.
                        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                        Comment


                        • Oh and stay off the courtofficerrant website...there really isn't much good info. ID rather you guys check out the nysscoa.org website than the rant. Scoa is the Supreme Court officer association which represents some officers. The Nys court officer association represents officers in Lower and Family Court.
                          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                          Comment


                          • So if I got a 90 with nyc preference - I can call and change to a 3rd JD preference and since they've reached 88 AND above I would be canvasssed right away? And can transfer later on?

                            Comment


                            • In theory yes....I have a feeling they might hit 90 soon but call OCA Monday and ask just to make sure. You can put in a transfer but it can take years
                              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                              Comment


                              • X2 re: the Rant- I belong to it myself. However, I wouldn't look at it til I had 10 or more yrs. on. Most everybody on there came on at a much different time, and the job has changed so much. Still a great job, just a lot different now; some ways better, some ways worse
                                Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                                Oh and stay off the courtofficerrant website...there really isn't much good info. ID rather you guys check out the nysscoa.org website than the rant. Scoa is the Supreme Court officer association which represents some officers. The Nys court officer association represents officers in Lower and Family Court.
                                RETIRED 9-16-10

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8377 users online. 430 members and 7947 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X