Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, lose that weight. They will not overlook even a couple of pounds over.
    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Hoping4it- With the warm weather here and the summer months ahead I'm sure you will lose the weight with no problems.

OCA is very strict about the weight limit and I have been told people who were 1-2 lbs over have been DQ'd. Staying in shape is never easy, but if you want something bad enough you will do what it takes to get it. A lot of us have been busting our butt's to stay in shape and hopefully one day get this job. All we can do now is stay positive and focused.

Comment

• Looking to book a trip in September and keep getting these "oh geez what if they FINALLY put in a class!?" feelings.

(cleared since Oct 2011)

Comment

• Just a question, I always thought Court Officers were peace officers. It's been addressed to me that Court Officers are in fact sworn police officers. What kind of training do you receive, and what academy do you attend?

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
            Just a question, I always thought Court Officers were peace officers. It's been addressed to me that Court Officers are in fact sworn police officers. What kind of training do you receive, and what academy do you attend?
            If I remember correctly court officers are peace officers but they have the same powers as police officers. Example they can execute warrants
            Last edited by The hopeful; 05-29-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Court officers are peace officers...there was a status bill vetoed by governor Patterson and now a new status bill is floating around somewhere in the legislature. The Training is police curriculum taught by certified nys police instructors however training is 4 months not 6. There are exceptions for example we don't get EVOC (unless your on a special detail or drive a judge) IMHO it's somewhere in between. While I'm not answering 911 calls, I'm still getting jobs on our radio...prisoner transport, aided, EDP etc. Writing C summons, making a collar here and there, and when I first started I was writing parking tickets around the courthouse lol. 24/7 carry, off duty arrests with some limitations, limited SQF. No performance goals. Yet I'm also not out there on the street and doing all the things PD does like buy and bust, or any sort of anti-crime.
              Last edited by unblindeacon; 05-29-2013, 01:35 PM.
              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Unblindeacon........good job description

Comment

• I do want to add that as far as being sworn...we do take the oath like any other LEO.

Comment

• I spoke to a lieutenant in nyc supreme court who said he heard current list will be used and exhausted until a new test is administered. He said they're hurting for bodies and for legal reasons. Keep those fingers crossed

Comment

• does anyone know when the next exam will be held?

Comment

• Sometime in 2014...usually given in October and December. Results about 9 months to a year after that.

Comment

• I emailed OCA they said they've reached rank #2648 with a score of 91.7 so far for NYC preference. Does anyone knowif tthey've actually hired up to that list #? Because I'm only a few numbers higher so I just missed out, hopefully ill see something soon

Comment

• That is just the number that has been canvassed and started processing. I'm 5xx and have been cleared for a year and a half, waiting on an academy

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo723 View Post
                              I spoke to a lieutenant in nyc supreme court who said he heard current list will be used and exhausted until a new test is administered. He said they're hurting for bodies and for legal reasons. Keep those fingers crossed
                              Sounds good and I hope we start to hear some news for upcoming academies. Makes sense that the current list will be used and exhausted until a new test is given. Yes to keep fingers crossed and hope they start to get the ball rolling soon.

Comment

• Well i just got my canvass letter in the mail today from the 6th JD, so it looks like hiring from the 2009 list is still being processed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10226 users online. 327 members and 9899 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X