300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd,

You have have to take in to account days that the Court System considers holidays (like Presidents' Day and MLK). The Academy is closed just like a court house.

February gets a few days off. That will push graduation back. It would have been Friday the 3rd but with three days, it becomes the 8th. The recruits will also be at the Academy one extra day after graduation to clean and tie up loose ends ( say teary Good-byes, take pictures, etc.). So the new recruits first day in a courthouse for work will be a Friday.

And no, it isn't nearly enough people.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Comment

• Hey Prof- Forgot about the holidays during that time. Makes sense now. Sounds like a real bonding experience the way you described the academy with the teary good-byes and picture taking. All of which is good.

Comment

• hello everyone. Does anyone happen to know when the next round of canvassing will occur?? i appreciate all feedback.

Comment

• Any new news or rumors on processing or another academy class?

Comment

• Anyone know how long the runs are during the academy? Just want to know what to be ready for in the event I make it.

Comment

• nairb,

I have heard nothing credible about Academies in the near future. Which is a shame considering staffing levels.

The class runs are usually a one mile run, run in columns two by two. The slowest runners (judged by a first timed run) in the front, fastest in the back. It is run at the pace that the slowest runners go.

Timed runs for the Cooper Standards are a mile and a half.
              Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Comment

• We need to stay positive and focused guys. With the warm weather upon us it will help maintain or lose the weight that some might have gain. Some of us are done with the processing and some are just a step away to be done. The upstate class graduates next week and hopefully we will hear some noise about upcoming academies when some time has passed. As soon as some news come about I'm sure some C.O.'s like The Prof or unblindeacon will let us know. Thanks guys for all of the info you provide and the help. Lets keep our heads up and noses clean.

Comment

• I'm so conflicted. I definitely can't wait to get into the academy but I'm a groomsmen in my friends "destination" wedding in October. I hated having to tell him that if the Courts calls me up that I'm not gonna be able to make it. He is a career firefighter now in Virginia so he understands having to take a job when its available. I'm sure if the academy does happen soon they won't be granting me the leave to attend. I already have the time off from my current job with OMH. Part of me can't wait and is hoping that the academy happens ASAP but the other part of me is hoping that the rumors aren't true and the next academy doesn't occur til at least after october. Sorry everyone, I don't wanna be a killjoy, I look forward to working with all of you. I'm also hoping that all this worry isn't for nothing and my # is reachable. I'm around 600 for the Suffolk court region. Good luck guys and hopefully we get some solid info soon.

Comment

• I'm really hoping I'm wrong but I don't see a class going in until after jan 1 2014.
                    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Unblindeacon may be right. I called my investigator to give him info on State corrections process and was told that they might not hire anyone else off of this list.........

Comment

• Can the OCA do that?????

Comment

• I'm trying to be optimistic as anyone. But to hear that a class might not go in until after 1/1/14 or no more off this list as well puts it into a different perspective. Why then process all the people they did to only hire so very little? Remember the NYC class was small & had people from the '05 list & the upstate class is small too. A total of maybe 48 people( for NYC/upstate )hired off this list and no more? Doesn't make sense to process so many to only hire very little and get rid of the list. I know it is the State and they can do what they want, but it seems so irrational. They have people ready now so why wait unti 2 years from now from the new test in 2014 when that list won't be ready until 2015? I really do hope OCA doesn't do that.

Sorry for the long rant. Just venting.

Comment

• The reality is that no one really knows. I'm hoping we will see something when next years budget is released in September. It costs a fortune to to process candidates (med psych etc) so I can't see them loosing out on what they have spent already. It's a long road. Try to keep your heads up. That's what I try to do.
                            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• I seriously doubt that they would have delayed the next exam till 2014 if they had no intention of hiring anymore people from this list. It just doesn't make sense. The whole reason for delaying the test would be because they have plenty of good candidates waiting in the wings. Going 5 years with only hiring 48 people doesn't sound possible.

Comment

• I have to agree that no one really knows. All of the rumors are rumors. I talked to a friend of mine, who is a court officer, and he told me that he has not heard of any upcoming academies yet. He also informed me that OCA is very tight lipped about information of upcoming academies. That right there tells me that all of the info that is out there are rumors. So just by doing the math, the list we are on is not finished. Reading that it cost a lot for OCA to process/invest into candidates sounds like they will not give up on them only to wait for a new list in 2015. So there will be hiring from the list from the test of '09. The question is when? and how soon?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13463 users online. 476 members and 12987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X