Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a letter from Tony Mung too. Still, "a year or two" is better than three or more.

We need people. Send us people!!!!!!!
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Comment

• So the rumor of back to back upstate classes was in fact just a rumor? Does anyone know how long you can go before having to retake the physical agility test?

Comment

• Originally posted by nairb View Post
        So the rumor of back to back upstate classes was in fact just a rumor? Does anyone know how long you can go before having to retake the physical agility test?
        not sure about PAT but we should be worried about written test expiring.

Comment

• Rumors are a dime a dozen when it comes to the State. You have to read between the lines when you hear them to get an idea of the truth. Yesterday there was a "rumor" of back to back academies. Today there is a "rumor" of possible no more academies for Cohoes until the new academy in Brooklyn is finished. Who knows what the "rumor" is going to be tomorrow. They just graduated an academy in NYC and one is about to graduate in Cohoes when there was suppose to be "zero" academies for the fiscal year of 2012-2013? All we can do is stay in shape and stay out of trouble. It is the only things we can control.

Comment

• I was just wondering if anyone who took the written psych in the beginning of March has heard anything. I was told someone would contact me in 2 - 3 weeks. It's been over a month.

Comment

• Professor, who is Tony Mung?

Comment

• He is an Academy instructor and good one. A good man, too.

It was good to see him send a nice e-mail back, rather than pass the question off.
                Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Comment

• Awesome!!! Thanks... nothing better than getting it from a direct source

Comment

• I second what the professor said. TM (supervising academy Lt) Is one of the classiest and most knowledgeable out there. He really cares about this job and it's future.
                    Last edited by unblindeacon; 04-19-2013, 08:12 AM.
                    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• What should someone do if they have to leave for basic in the military and the test is on one of these dates. I know there isn't one planned for this year but I plan on doing the military and if possible come back to NYC to take those civil service exams. Can I reschedule?

Comment

• When they give out a test they will have them in October and December of 2014. In the past OCA has given the test in these two months. When you register for the test, OCA will assign you which month to take it. You can always contact them on their website for more information.

Comment

• @ The hopeful

Contact info:

COURT OFFICER STAFFING & SECURITY SERVICES
                          DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
                          Gregory J. Salerno - Deputy Director
                          Email: [email protected]
                          Candidate Information Line: (646) 386-3400

Call or email and advise of your particular situation. Special provisions are usually made for military members.
                          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Lt. Mung is one of the most experienced instructors in the Academy. Take his lessons as gospel. I dealt with him for years.

Comment

• I hope they plan on hiring you guys (and gals) real soon...My command, Dino's old one, is already short 8 Sgts and 40 officers...and we will be losing at least a dozen more, myself included, this year due to retirements...All those of us who came off the '82 test are now reaching our 30 years and getting ready to pull the pin..lets hope oca sees the writing before it's too late!

Comment

• Congratulations! welcome to the club!!
                                Originally posted by SCOSGT4LIFE View Post
                                I hope they plan on hiring you guys (and gals) real soon...My command, Dino's old one, is already short 8 Sgts and 40 officers...and we will be losing at least a dozen more, myself included, this year due to retirements...All those of us who came off the '82 test are now reaching our 30 years and getting ready to pull the pin..lets hope oca sees the writing before it's too late!
                                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10776 users online. 367 members and 10409 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X