Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't say where or who, but the rumor mill says that both the city and upstate plan on back to back academies. Would be nice, since we are hurting. But they are still only rumors...
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Comment

• Originally posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
      I won't say where or who, but the rumor mill says that both the city and upstate plan on back to back academies. Would be nice, since we are hurting. But they are still only rumors...
      I really do hope those rumors are accurate. If it turns out to be true. They may get to my score by the end of this year.

Comment

• Post deleted
        Last edited by unblindeacon; 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM.
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Got a call yesterday from OCA for my Psych Interview. It will be on Thursday 2/28. Coming down to the end of the process. Hearing about possible back to back academies sounds good. Do hope they are true. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Sounds like good news is in our future... Lets all keep focused, stay in shape, and remain in prayer.

Comment

• Good morning fellow court officer candidates. No news good or bad to report. I just called my investigator to check in and inquire about "back to back" academies and I was told that they haven't heard anything about that HOWEVER as I was told they are normally last to know. From what I was told they are down hundreds of uniformed officers statewide. I also inquired as to if we would have to take the physical abilities test once again as the prior group of candidates had. I was told that traditionally that would not happen but it couldn't be said for definite. I took my physical abilities test in mid 2011 so I was curious if the elapsed time would be an issue. I've been cleared and done with my process since July of 2012. I'm with you all... lets keep our heads up, noses clean, and stay in shape. Hopefully that letter is right around the corner. One thing that I was told by my investigator when I inquired about retesting the PAT, stay in shape just in case!!! I wish everyone good luck and hopefully we'll all be in an academy soon.

Comment

• Just called the OCA, was told not to hold my breath for an academy class this upcoming budget year. Told that there is a zero growth budget, was also told OCA plans to redeploy all officers at OCA to their original commands. Asked about back to back academy classes and was pretty much assured that if that was the case they wouldnt get past rank # 300 for NYC off of this list.( told that its a rumor started by blog fuelers ) Im not giving hope but the truth is "It doesnt look good".

Comment

• Originally posted by wabee View Post
                  Just called the OCA, was told not to hold my breath for an academy class this upcoming budget year. Told that there is a zero growth budget, was also told OCA plans to redeploy all officers at OCA to their original commands. Asked about back to back academy classes and was pretty much assured that if that was the case they wouldnt get past rank # 300 for NYC off of this list.( told that its a rumor started by blog fuelers ) Im not giving hope but the truth is "It doesnt look good".
                  I've deleted my previous post as I don't want to fuel any rumors.Truth is no one knows what will happen. The only thing I know for sure is that there will be retirements this year and many officers will be taking the clerk test. I'm curious as to where officers who got assigned to OCA directly from the academy will redeploy to. The best advice I can give is take every available LE test, get in good physical shape, stay out of trouble.
                  Last edited by unblindeacon; 02-22-2013, 03:50 PM.
                  http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                  NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• NEVER, EVER trust anything you hear from a functionary in an OCA office. Even if every officer assigned to an OCA spot was sent back, it would not equate to a drop in the bucket.

Comment

• Hello. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on what a typical day at the academy is like for a recruit?

Comment

• Originally posted by nairb
                        Hello. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on what a typical day at the academy is like for a recruit?

Well, I am sure it depends on which Academy you refer to. I hear the City Academy is different from Upstate (Cohoes). But as far as Cohoes goes...

Forget everything you have seen in movies about law enforcement academies. It mostly takes place in one big classroom that seats about fifty people. With a couple of exceptions, most classes (including PT and DT) take place in this same carpeted room. It can get surreal. Only the firing range, OC spray down and class runs happen outside. And the Firing range is far off site.

You will try to arrive between between 8 and 830 to give you time to change into whatever clothes they direct for the day. They "welcome" you at the door each morning in person. So you feel special. You must arrive in business attire everyday. Everyday. It is the first inspection. Before this, you will have lined up outside waiting to be invited in.

You change, line up for Roll Call at 9AM. Second inspection begins.

After that, you arrange the desks and wait to be seated (at attention). Then the head instructor tells you what the day's agenda is. Classes of various kinds and then PT or DT at the end of the day. Then you sit at attention and wait to be berated again before they let you leave for the day.

That's about it. Prepare for a heaping ton of verbal abuse in a surreal classroom setting.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Hopefully I get there soon. What time do they usually keep the recruits to? Is it a set thing or is it different everyday?
                          Last edited by nairb; 02-25-2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Anybody else going to Cohoes for the written psych next week?

Comment

• They let you go before 5 pm. Unless you get assigned to remedial PT due to performance issues, then you stay an extra hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Comment

• So is it split evenly between class work and PT? 4 hours and 4 hours?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9772 users online. 369 members and 9403 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X