Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors of an Upstate Academy class at end of January.

Anyone heard?
    Last edited by Professor Moriarty; 01-12-2013, 09:22 PM.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Comment

• Forum is quiet... Hope everyone is staying positive and keeping in shape, lets stay prepared for good news regardless of how long may take. No drought last forever.

Comment

• Well, I have heard there is an Upstate (Cohoes) Academy starting on January 28th.

Comment

• Pro. I was told the same thing by OCA on my recent phone call with them. I just recieved my letter stating I have completed all phases of the hiring process and will be assigned to an academy. I was sent to Buffalo last week for a pre academy physical (OCA Rep. stated "sorry for short notice but this needs to be completed before the academy begins") but I have not heard back from OCA reguarding a start date for the academy. I do not think it will be 1/28 as they should inform people at least 2 weeks before so current employers can be notified. I could be wrong. Anyway I just want to wish you guys all good luck and hope to see you all soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
            Pro. I was told the same thing by OCA on my recent phone call with them. I just recieved my letter stating I have completed all phases of the hiring process and will be assigned to an academy. I was sent to Buffalo last week for a pre academy physical (OCA Rep. stated "sorry for short notice but this needs to be completed before the academy begins") but I have not heard back from OCA reguarding a start date for the academy. I do not think it will be 1/28 as they should inform people at least 2 weeks before so current employers can be notified. I could be wrong. Anyway I just want to wish you guys all good luck and hope to see you all soon.
            Awesome news Max! You flew through this process. Wish you well in your new career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
              Pro. I was told the same thing by OCA on my recent phone call with them. I just recieved my letter stating I have completed all phases of the hiring process and will be assigned to an academy. I was sent to Buffalo last week for a pre academy physical (OCA Rep. stated "sorry for short notice but this needs to be completed before the academy begins") but I have not heard back from OCA reguarding a start date for the academy. I do not think it will be 1/28 as they should inform people at least 2 weeks before so current employers can be notified. I could be wrong. Anyway I just want to wish you guys all good luck and hope to see you all soon.
              Congatulations Max, if you take this job you are going to be very happy. This career seems to be in the cards for you. PM me when you get achance.

Comment

• OCA does what it wants. Don't expect them to give you any courtesy. They'll start the class whenever they're ready. With you, or without you.

Comment

• LOL. Yup. OCA does whatever OCA wants to do. You giving notice means diddly squat to them.

Comment

• You may not get 2 weeks notice. When I first got on, many years ago, I got a call on a Thursday to be at the Academy that following Monday.

Comment

• All is good. Thanks guys for all your help. Class starts 1/28. Not quite 2 weeks but good enough. I will be signing off until the academy is complete. Thanks again for everything. Hope to see you guys soon. -Max

Comment

• Good luck, Max!!!

Comment

• Good Luck!

Comment

• Court officer

I just came from the NYS unified court system website stating that next classes would not be held during the rest of this year,period.

So for those who aboard the boat good luck.
                            Last edited by Gussie2000; 01-26-2013, 12:26 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Gussie2000- What do you mean by "next classes would not be held during the rest of the year?". Do you mean academies? I went to the website and I could not find anything on the page making that statement. The only thing I found was an statement that OCA does not anticipate offering the next court officer exam before 2014. Was that what you meant?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
                                Gussie2000- What do you mean by "next classes would not be held during the rest of the year?". Do you mean academies? I went to the website and I could not find anything on the page making that statement. The only thing I found was an statement that OCA does not anticipate offering the next court officer exam before 2014. Was that what you meant?
                                Interesting...that means they are extending the list from the 2009 exam. It used to say "...before 2013"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12133 users online. 422 members and 11711 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X