Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How likely is it that a new hire would be assigned to N.Y.C.?

    Comment


    • Wow. He can't take that? Wait till a litigant talks back to him. LOL.

      Or an Academy Instructor. He he he.
      Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AZ_longisland View Post
        Oh so you think my post deserved a sarcastic remark in general?
        or do you mean I get the answers that each individual Thinks that it deservs?

        thanks for the note bud
        AZ I know your frustrated by not getting called YET, but you have to tone down. You forget that most people on this forum are already employed in law enforcement or are pursuing law enforcement. Law enforcement is one big family that has to stick together. Remember it's a mean world out there and your going to have to deal with skells, perps, and people who have no respect for the blue wave. All you will have is your brothers and sisters in blue to turn to. There is also no need to bash Dinosaur32 who spent over 30 years in law enforcement. He is here to help people like me, you, and others who are looking for a career in this line of work. Lets not forget that he has earned is retirement, we haven't even earned a spot in the academy YET.
        NYPD
        Exam# 1315
        List# ***
        Apd 5- Recieved 9/12/12 Submitted 9/13/12
        Medical-Not Yet
        Psych- Not Yet
        Jst- Not Yet

        NCPD
        Taken on 12/17/2012

        NYC DEP Police
        Exam-3304
        Score- 95

        Comment


        • AUCJ71.....Thank you.

          Comment


          • Can any of the guys or girls post in here that are at the academy right now, would be kind of cool to learn and see how their weekly progress goes. Almost like an online diary.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
              Can any of the guys or girls post in here that are at the academy right now, would be kind of cool to learn and see how their weekly progress goes. Almost like an online diary.
              They are not allowed and if they are found out there will be severe repercussions. The instructors monitor all the boards....(Hey guys!) I can answer some of your questions however.
              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

              Comment


              • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                They are not allowed and if they are found out there will be severe repercussions. The instructors monitor all the boards....(Hey guys!) I can answer some of your questions however.
                Besides staying in shape for the academy, anything else you think may be helpful in preparing yourself for the academy? Such as karate or similar self-defense classes?
                I was also thinking about heading to the range for some practice.

                Comment


                • Just stay in shape. Practice push- ups and locking out in the push-up position for extended periods of time.

                  They want to teach you their way of shooting. So don't get caught up in that. Self defense is good for you period but the best thing is just to stay in shape and prepare yourself for PT meant to punish/weaken/exhaust you( just to prove a point and make you feel low).
                  Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
                    Just stay in shape. Practice push- ups and locking out in the push-up position for extended periods of time.

                    They want to teach you their way of shooting. So don't get caught up in that. Self defense is good for you period but the best thing is just to stay in shape and prepare yourself for PT meant to punish/weaken/exhaust you( just to prove a point and make you feel low).
                    Thanks for the input! Hope you and everyone else here enjoys the holidays!

                    Comment


                    • Anyone know what someone who is active duty military and not stationed in NYS/NYC and they offer the court officer exam would have to do to be able to take it?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                        Anyone know what someone who is active duty military and not stationed in NYS/NYC and they offer the court officer exam would have to do to be able to take it?
                        Below is a link to the exam guide from the 2009 test. It references rescheduling due to short term military duty (like the reserves), but does not say anything about long term (Active Duty). Your best bet is to call the number provided and ask them.

                        http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/exam...uide4.2009.pdf

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                          Anyone know what someone who is active duty military and not stationed in NYS/NYC and they offer the court officer exam would have to do to be able to take it?
                          The court officer website says you have to be a NYS resident at TIME of APPOINTMENT, not at TIME of EXAM. It also says if you are Military and anticipate being deployed at time of exam, you should contact this E-Mail address below prior to the exam.

                          [email protected]


                          I'm not sure if that helped or answered your question.

                          Comment


                          • The best advice is to be in good physical shape. Everything else will fall into place if you prepare physically. As for the Military concerns...Just call OCA and explain. They will tell you what you have to do and they will be accommodating.

                            As a side note I'd like to congratulate my friend on his entrance in the NYPD academy this Wednesday. Give em hell big Kev!
                            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                            Comment


                            • Guys, does anyone know if the CO's are still working of the 2010 CSEA contract?

                              Comment


                              • Any news on exam 45-758? Was wondering how much of a shot I have to make it to the next level

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12654 users online. 459 members and 12195 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X