300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
    OCA was shut down last week. They are located by the battery and all of Manhatten south of a certain point had no power/steam/train service etc. It is slowly being restored and they may be up and running this week. My physical has been moved due to storm. I hope the rest of you made out better then I cause we lost nearly everything.
    Hey Future,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. When you say physical, are you referring to the pre-appointment medical exam? My pre-appointment medical exam was rescheduled for 11/13/12. Furthermore, I was told that the PAT is still scheduled for 11/19/12. I did not hear any information about the academy being rescheduled for January 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sogaard View Post
      I took the Dec '09 test. The class going in in Dec (possibly pushed to Jan now because of the storm) will contain the people from the cancelled class as well as anyone on the new list high enough to fill it. I'm guessing after a couple of years, not everyone who was supposed to start back then was still interested.

How do I know? I'm ranked 1xx on the Dec '09 test, and passed my psych and background checks over a year ago. I'm scheduled for my pre-academy physical next week.
      Congrats Sogaard! I assume your pre-appointment medical is on 11/13/12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
        Hey Future,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. When you say physical, are you referring to the pre-appointment medical exam? My pre-appointment medical exam was rescheduled for 11/13/12. Furthermore, I was told that the PAT is still scheduled for 11/19/12. I did not hear any information about the academy being rescheduled for January 2013.
        Thanks for all your prayers. I told someone yesterday the day the hum-vee with the national guard pulled up and started handing out food rations was the day i realized how bad things were. Yes i was talking about the pre-appointment medical (physical) The PAT so far i believe to have been left on the same date and the last i heard they were pushing to still have the academy start in the middle of December. My physical has been moved to Tuesday 11/13/12. I am pretty much at weight right now so i am keeping my fingers crossed there are no other issues that have arisen. Best of luck to all of us. Looking forward with enthusiasm.
        Test 45-722
        Rank 21XX
        was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

Thanks for all your prayers. I told someone yesterday the day the hum-vee with the national guard pulled up and started handing out food rations was the day i realized how bad things were. Yes i was talking about the pre-appointment medical (physical) The PAT so far i believe to have been left on the same date and the last i heard they were pushing to still have the academy start in the middle of December. My physical has been moved to Tuesday 11/13/12. I am pretty much at weight right now so i am keeping my fingers crossed there are no other issues that have arisen. Best of luck to all of us. Looking forward with enthusiasm.
          You're welcome. I was informed by the OCA today that the academy may be pushed back due to damage caused by hurricane Sandy.

Comment

You're welcome. I was informed by the OCA today that the academy may be pushed back due to damage caused by hurricane Sandy.
            That is not good news. I was thinking how much i didnt even want to do 5 more weeks of my current job and now it may be more
            Test 45-722
            Rank 21XX
            was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

That is not good news. I was thinking how much i didnt even want to do 5 more weeks of my current job and now it may be more
              I know exactly how you feel Future. I was also counting the days. Lol. Anyhow, I left you a PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sogaard View Post
                I took the Dec '09 test. The class going in in Dec (possibly pushed to Jan now because of the storm) will contain the people from the cancelled class as well as anyone on the new list high enough to fill it. I'm guessing after a couple of years, not everyone who was supposed to start back then was still interested.

How do I know? I'm ranked 1xx on the Dec '09 test, and passed my psych and background checks over a year ago. I'm scheduled for my pre-academy physical next week.

wow my rank is 2xx and I haven't heard anything yet... I hope to hear something soon.

Comment

• Wish me luck everyone. I have my pre-appointment medical tomorrow.

Comment

Wish me luck everyone. I have my pre-appointment medical tomorrow.
                    Good luck my friend!

Comment

• Good luck 2 you from Soon2retire, who is already retired!
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Good Luck Cravan! I'm sure you'll pass with no problems
                        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Any news on Exam #45-758 NYC Court Officer? I have had my score and rank for some time now. Just wanted to know if they have been hiring and having classes.

Thanks

Comment

• NYS not NYC My bad

Comment

• Good luck Cravan, and everyone else going today. I hope you come back with good news for yourselves and something to hope for for the rest of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by MacJD View Post
                                Any news on Exam #45-758 NYC Court Officer? I have had my score and rank for some time now. Just wanted to know if they have been hiring and having classes.

Thanks
                                They have not hired from our exam yet. There are some people fully processed, and there is a downstate academy going in soon that seems to have candidates from 45-722 (which had their academy cancelled) and 45-758

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17267 users online. 498 members and 16769 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X