Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no growth does not mean that vacancies cannot be filled when abfolutely necessary, especially when it comes to law enforcement positions. The salary line for every Officer and other OCA employee that has retired this year and ever Officer who has promoted or moved on to other titles is fully funded through the end of March 2013. Those vacancies are created by Officers at the top of the line. Not positive of the math, but every 3 empty lines can probably fund 2 new hires. Lower salaries, but have to account for benefits of new hires, so 3 probably = 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
      Psych already? I thought you had to pass the background investigation before moving on to that phase? Didn't you pass the PAT a month ago?
      I dont have to much in my background and I furnished my BI with all my info. I keep detailed info on all my past employment, driving record, schooling, ect. ect. to make the job of the BI as easy as possible. I have talked back and forth with the BI about 1/2 a dozen times. I had a NYS background investigation 3 years ago but that was through the executive branch and I am already a NYS Peace Officer so that might have something to do with it but I am not sure. It's back to Cohoes. I know the troopers are back to hiring and have active academies, same with Office of Mental Health. Cuomo's zero growth agenda is not a hiring freeze, they just dont want state agencies inflating the FTE budget as stated above. Guys hang in there. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
        I dont have to much in my background and I furnished my BI with all my info. I keep detailed info on all my past employment, driving record, schooling, ect. ect. to make the job of the BI as easy as possible. I have talked back and forth with the BI about 1/2 a dozen times. I had a NYS background investigation 3 years ago but that was through the executive branch and I am already a NYS Peace Officer so that might have something to do with it but I am not sure. It's back to Cohoes. I know the troopers are back to hiring and have active academies, same with Office of Mental Health. Cuomo's zero growth agenda is not a hiring freeze, they just dont want state agencies inflating the FTE budget as stated above. Guys hang in there. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.
        Awesome news for you! Good luck with the psych and hope you move through quickly!

Comment

• ..I thought I killed the thread.. After my post on 10/05 there was none to little activity here for awhile. Good to see y'all back. Let us keep moving forward towards the light at the end of the tunnel. Good Luck to all here..

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick71 View Post
            ..I thought I killed the thread.. After my post on 10/05 there was none to little activity here for awhile. Good to see y'all back. Let us keep moving forward towards the light at the end of the tunnel. Good Luck to all here..
            Funny, I just feel like I revived it. Good luck all. Hope to see you guys at the academy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
              no growth does not mean that vacancies cannot be filled when abfolutely necessary, especially when it comes to law enforcement positions. The salary line for every Officer and other OCA employee that has retired this year and ever Officer who has promoted or moved on to other titles is fully funded through the end of March 2013. Those vacancies are created by Officers at the top of the line. Not positive of the math, but every 3 empty lines can probably fund 2 new hires. Lower salaries, but have to account for benefits of new hires, so 3 probably = 2.
              Thanks again for the informative information. Let's see what happens.

Comment

• Cravan and to my fellow hopeful candidates, I received a letter from OCA and happy to announce to everyone that there will be a tentative schedule for a recruit class for the end of this calendar year. All I can say is thank you Lord! We still need to pass the final medical exam. Good Luck everyone!
                Exam 2005/ 45-722
                Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
                Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
                  Cravan and to my fellow hopeful candidates, I received a letter from OCA and happy to announce to everyone that there will be a tentative schedule for a recruit class for the end of this calendar year. All I can say is thank you Lord! We still need to pass the final medical exam. Good Luck everyone!
                  That is Great news. Did it give an actual date? Thanks for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by Action82 View Post
                    That is Great news. Did it give an actual date? Thanks for the info
                    No exact date. Here is a copy of the letter I received today. image.jpg
                    Exam 2005/ 45-722

Comment

• Haha I can't read the copy of the letter I attached. I will just type couple of paragraphs.

"Dear Candidate ... :

The Unified Court System is pleased to advise you that because of the measures we have taken to address fiscal challenges, we may now be able to offer appointments to a recruit class tentatively scheduled for the end of this year. As you are aware, you are considered an active candidate for appointment to the next recruit class provided that you continue to meet eligibility requirements.

We ask that you confirm your interest in employment as a New York State Court Officer- Trainee by signing the bottom of this letter and returning it via fax to (212) 295-4876 or email to co-processing @.. , no later than November 2, 2012. Once we receive confirmation of your interest, we will contact you to schedule a pre appointment medical examination."
                      Exam 2005/ 45-722

Comment

• geeeez thanks for making me totally paranoid that I haven't received the letter yet.

Yes I know it was apparently sent 2 days ago.

Still paranoid.

Comment

• I just recieved a letter from courts I was supposed to start 1/06 informing due to go finances they want to verify if I was still interested in. Position for courts...., Get tready for class soon may brother is a court officer and he just told me be ready for a class in jan or so for last clas that got canceled

Comment

Haha I can't read the copy of the letter I attached. I will just type couple of paragraphs.

"Dear Candidate ... :

The Unified Court System is pleased to advise you that because of the measures we have taken to address fiscal challenges, we may now be able to offer appointments to a recruit class tentatively scheduled for the end of this year. As you are aware, you are considered an active candidate for appointment to the next recruit class provided that you continue to meet eligibility requirements.

We ask that you confirm your interest in employment as a New York State Court Officer- Trainee by signing the bottom of this letter and returning it via fax to (212) 295-4876 or email to co-processing @.. , no later than November 2, 2012. Once we receive confirmation of your interest, we will contact you to schedule a pre appointment medical examination."
                            awesome news people! Long wait and well deserved.
                            Wonder if they will add recruits from the 45-758 exam to your class....

Comment

• I wonder where all of us stand that are halfway through the process. Probably will have to wait until the next class.

Comment

No exact date. Here is a copy of the letter I received today. [ATTACH=CONFIG]9457[/ATTACH]
                                Jon....If this is the pre appointment eye exam, I just failed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5522 users online. 410 members and 5112 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X