300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone,
    Glad to see so much movement in OCA with processing. I am also currently in OMH on Long Island. Been on the overnights for 6 years and eager to get off the overnights. I was not aware that courts was 30/55 for retirement. Is this definite? As some of you may have seen my BI is all done and I got my letter in the end of July that I'm cleared for hire. I also am going for the NYC academy and looking to work in Suffolk County. I called my investigator a few days ago to check in if there has been any word on an academy, he was not available but another investigator told me that there has been no talk of ANY downstate academy. Congrats to everyone with their processing and those who have passed. If anyone needs any info that I can help with don't hesitate. I'm not on here regularly but as soon as I catch up on what I missed I'll answer whatever I can.
    I look forward to hopefully seeing you guys that were canvassed for NYC in the academy, hopefully in the not too distant future. My rank is in the 600's so as was previously said, A lot of people get DQ'd for 1 reason or another so I'm hoping that is good enough to get me right in.
    Good Luck to everyone continuing their processing.

PS: the salary drop if they didn't take my OMH salary would be about 12k for me... OUCH!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoping4it View Post
      Hello Everyone,
      Glad to see so much movement in OCA with processing. I am also currently in OMH on Long Island. Been on the overnights for 6 years and eager to get off the overnights. I was not aware that courts was 30/55 for retirement. Is this definite? As some of you may have seen my BI is all done and I got my letter in the end of July that I'm cleared for hire. I also am going for the NYC academy and looking to work in Suffolk County. I called my investigator a few days ago to check in if there has been any word on an academy, he was not available but another investigator told me that there has been no talk of ANY downstate academy. Congrats to everyone with their processing and those who have passed. If anyone needs any info that I can help with don't hesitate. I'm not on here regularly but as soon as I catch up on what I missed I'll answer whatever I can.
      I look forward to hopefully seeing you guys that were canvassed for NYC in the academy, hopefully in the not too distant future. My rank is in the 600's so as was previously said, A lot of people get DQ'd for 1 reason or another so I'm hoping that is good enough to get me right in.
      Good Luck to everyone continuing their processing.

PS: the salary drop if they didn't take my OMH salary would be about 12k for me... OUCH!!!
      Hoping, Do you have a NYSCOPBA retirement pension through OMH (Officer title) or are you CSEA or PEF. That is my hardest decision right now is to give up my 25 year retirement. I spoke with Safetyman for a while and you along with him and myself would be giving up some $ to go to courts. He also told me that OCA and OMH have a salary agreement to where you would not take a hit on your current earning but I have yet to confirm this. I to want badly to get on a day shift rotation. Evenings are brutal with having a family.

Comment

• Just got my letter back stating I passed all phases of the PAT

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
          Just got my letter back stating I passed all phases of the PAT
          Congrats, how are the other phases going?

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
            Congrats, how are the other phases going?
            Have not heard anything more.

Comment

Congrats Max!!!

Comment

as did i max! woohoo! nice to get letter, but i knew i rocked the PAT. now we wait for our BI....

Comment

• I passed everything except the HBR, I was 2 heart beats off. Looks like more cardio workouts for me and a retest.... I was disappointed and down at first but getting motivated again and looking forward.....

Comment

• do you remember what your pulse meter read when the CO read it?

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
                      I passed everything except the HBR, I was 2 heart beats off. Looks like more cardio workouts for me and a retest.... I was disappointed and down at first but getting motivated again and looking forward.....
                      ..I know how you feel, cause the same thing happened to me. 2 heart beats over.. I was very upset at first but then you make a plan to fix it. I changed my workouts and have been concentrating on heart rate. I took the PAT in NYC on August 21, 2012. We are a bit behind now but on the positive side we are training now like PT in the Acadamy, which will only help us if we make it. With this extra time we can get our BI info exact and in top notch order so to make our BI's job as easy as possible..
                      ..Heart Rate Recovery is a formula based on age, it is an individual thing. Not the same for everyone..
                      ..We can do this, stay focused........Nick71.........
                      Last edited by Nick71; 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Was nice to see so much activity here for awhile. Not so nice to see no activity now for days. Just a quick post to see if there is anything new, and also i heard corrections threw an Academy in starting today. This to me bodes well for us if another department from the state has reached the point where an academy is possible. Anyone have any info?
                        Test 45-722
                        Rank 21XX
                        was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
                          Was nice to see so much activity here for awhile. Not so nice to see no activity now for days. Just a quick post to see if there is anything new, and also i heard corrections threw an Academy in starting today. This to me bodes well for us if another department from the state has reached the point where an academy is possible. Anyone have any info?
                          Hey Future,

No new news on my end. I will call the OCA next week for an update. How are you?

Comment

• Where did everybody go. This thread was kickin' and now nothing???? I have my psych exam on the 29th in Cohoes. I am debating on driving up the night before or super early the day of....................Wish me luck

Comment

• Hey Max,

I asked myself the same question. Anyhow, I telephoned the OCA this week and they still do not know when a recruit class will go in. Furthermore, Cuomo's negative growth budget proposal is not looking good for us. Hopefully the OCA will still put in a class with a negative growth budget.

Comment

Where did everybody go. This thread was kickin' and now nothing???? I have my psych exam on the 29th in Cohoes. I am debating on driving up the night before or super early the day of....................Wish me luck
                                Psych already? I thought you had to pass the background investigation before moving on to that phase? Didn't you pass the PAT a month ago?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10028 users online. 216 members and 9812 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X