300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
    Safetyman, Do you know if our accrued time (Vacation,sick,personal) transferes from an executive LE title to Judicial CO title?
    As far as I know, Judicial Branch will accept approx. 70 hrs of vacation, (if you have more OMH has to cut you a check for the difference), all of your sick time is transferred over. Personal, I'm not sure of. However, I would start taking some of that personal time ASAP. Just to be on the safe side. Also, you should start as close as possible to your present salary if you are past their hiring rate. My understanding is we wouldn't start at the bottom.

Comment

• i hope you are correct on getting as close to my present salary with the state or else i will take a 6 grand paycut..yikes!

Comment

• Originally posted by nissan51 View Post
        i hope you are correct on getting as close to my present salary with the state or else i will take a 6 grand paycut..yikes!
        Yup, 8K Pay cut for me. bad thing is I have 300 hours of vacation

Comment

• i read on here that OMH has reciprocal standing with OCA so you should start as close to your present salary as possible. i am not so sure about OCFS being in reciprocal standing with OCA though. you should take a vacation if you can!! then after your 70 hours are transferred you'll get a nice check for the rest! that is sure to help with the anticipated expenses for academy!!

Comment

• OMH definately has that reciprocal agreement. I know state corrections as well. As for the other state agencies, I can't speak for them. When in doubt call OCA personnel section.

Comment

Yup, 8K Pay cut for me. bad thing is I have 300 hours of vacation
              Max you won't lose your vacation. So I can't see the bad thing you speak of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
                Max you won't lose your vacation. So I can't see the bad thing you speak of.
                In a way I will but getting paid out is OK. They did tell us we would need approximately $2500 for all the stuff to get us going. I guess that would work out.

Comment

• Originally posted by nissan51 View Post
                  i read on here that OMH has reciprocal standing with OCA so you should start as close to your present salary as possible. i am not so sure about OCFS being in reciprocal standing with OCA though. you should take a vacation if you can!! then after your 70 hours are transferred you'll get a nice check for the rest! that is sure to help with the anticipated expenses for academy!!
                  Good luck, I haven't been able to take a vacation in 4 years. We are still short officers even after we just hired.

Comment

Good luck, I haven't been able to take a vacation in 4 years. We are still short officers even after we just hired.
                    Now I get it. You mean losing out on the opportunity to take a vacation. Something is really wrong in your facility when an officer can't take a vacation in 4 years. That's unheard of down here. Short of manpower or not.

Comment

• We are short on man power and I am short on seniority. That makes for a bad combination. I am finally off overnights. That only took about 3 years. I guess I can't complain to much as the facility I work for is great and I have a great bunch of fellow officers. I heard other facilities don't fair so well. Ok now I just have to wait for my results from the PAT.

Comment

We are short on man power and I am short on seniority. That makes for a bad combination. I am finally off overnights. That only took about 3 years. I guess I can't complain to much as the facility I work for is great and I have a great bunch of fellow officers. I heard other facilities don't fair so well. Ok now I just have to wait for my results from the PAT.
                        You are going to be so happy when you switch over to Courts.

Comment

You are going to be so happy when you switch over to Courts.
                          Do you know if Court Officers are allowed to carry over their vacation days to the next year? Or does all the sick and vacation time have to be used up by the end of the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                            Do you know if Court Officers are allowed to carry over their vacation days to the next year? Or does all the sick and vacation time have to be used up by the end of the year?
                            The state is the state is the state.The rules are the same. No matter which branch of government you work for. The answer is yes.

Comment

• Max1618, I pm'd you.

Comment

The state is the state is the state.The rules are the same. No matter which branch of government you work for. The answer is yes.
                                Thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9431 users online. 259 members and 9172 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X