Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by morningstar77 View Post
    Hey Action Mine was about a half hour
    whats up Star? Did you goto Gramercy park in Manhattan? and what should expect now after oral psych?

Comment

• Originally posted by Action82 View Post
      I know facial hair is not allowed in the academy but does anyone know about facial hair once your out of academy at your command?
      Once you get out of the academy, facial hair is permitted...I've had my moustache since before I started (it's alot grayer now), but they didn't have that rule when I went through. Just make sure you keep it neat..If you look ragged, you'll be treated that way.

Good luck..keep working out!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCOSGT4LIFE View Post
        Once you get out of the academy, facial hair is permitted...I've had my moustache since before I started (it's alot grayer now), but they didn't have that rule when I went through. Just make sure you keep it neat..If you look ragged, you'll be treated that way.

Good luck..keep working out!
        thanks a lot SCOSGT4Life. One more question, the location pay you guys get is it a separate check or spread out through your regular check?

Comment

thanks a lot SCOSGT4Life. One more question, the location pay you guys get is it a separate check or spread out through your regular check?
          I know you didn't direct this question at me, however, being a State worker I figured I can answer this question. The location pay is spread out through out the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
            I know you didn't direct this question at me, however, being a State worker I figured I can answer this question. The location pay is spread out through out the year.
            Thanks a lot for the response. Do you know if me being a city employee would i be able to keep my current Tier 4 and my time over?

Comment

Thanks a lot for the response. Do you know if me being a city employee would i be able to keep my current Tier 4 and my time over?
              Yes, as far as I know it works in reverse as well. My suggestion though is that when/if you come to work for the state buy that city time. Technically you have not been vested yet. It takes 5 yrs.in Tier 4, also it will be added to your pension at the end.

Comment

• Sorry for the misread error, thought you also wrote you had 4 yrs. in city time. By the way how many years in city?

Comment

Sorry for the misread error, thought you also wrote you had 4 yrs. in city time. By the way how many years in city?
                  Thanks for the info, i will be hitting 5yrs of city time in January

Comment

Thanks for the info, i will be hitting 5yrs of city time in January
                    Action, if you plan to stay in State service, BUY BACK THE TIME. It will pay off at the end of your career.

Comment

• i hear about that a lot, "buy back time" but i really dont know what that means and how to do it.

Comment

Action, if you plan to stay in State service, BUY BACK THE TIME. It will pay off at the end of your career.
                        Safetyman PM sent

Comment

whats up Star? Did you goto Gramercy park in Manhattan? and what should expect now after oral psych?
                          @ Action I went in somewhere in Manhattan, not sure what the area I went to is called also I received a letter a couple weeks later stating I have successfully completed all phases of the screening process.

all the best to you. I hope you get your completion letter soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by morningstar77 View Post
                            @ Action I went in somewhere in Manhattan, not sure what the area I went to is called also I received a letter a couple weeks later stating I have successfully completed all phases of the screening process.

all the best to you. I hope you get your completion letter soon.
                            Thanks a lot Star! So do I lol

Comment

Sorry for the misread error, thought you also wrote you had 4 yrs. in city time. By the way how many years in city?
                              Safetyman, Do you know if our accrued time (Vacation,sick,personal) transferes from an executive LE title to Judicial CO title?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Action82;3147710]
                                Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                                Okay, cool! My oral psych took about an hour.

Am I gonna get a letter from psych saying pass or fail? And after that I guess its Evaluation Board or pre hire medical right?
                                Hey Action,

You'll get a letter stating that you are ready for hire, if you pass the oral psych.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8790 users online. 414 members and 8376 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X