300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
    Nope, They said that would be scheduled after the results come in from PAT. I would guess within a month or two.
    I was hoping it would be right after PAT or at least combined with oral psych.

Comment

• Does anyone know the policy of facial hair after the academy and if the location difference is spread out through your check throughout the year or its on one check?

Comment

Last edited by Jasonstatham; 09-27-2012, 02:23 PM. Reason: ..............................................

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
          I was hoping it would be right after PAT or at least combined with oral psych.
          Civil, you are not going to want to do anything after the PAT/BI day. It's a long day and you will be exhausted. The only thing you are going to want to do is eat and sleep. Good Luck.

Comment

• Good luck to all of you taking your PAT today. Remember give 110%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasonstatham View Post
              Ive done a very similar PAT for FDNY EMS and the next day i was suprisingy very sore also. It was my whole body that felt it and i work out 4-5 days a week! While i was doing the PAT i was not sore and it was nottoo challenging but the next day my body did feel it. I am scheduled nex week for the PAT in Brooklyn. My letter says nothing about meeting with a BI right after. Does NYC have a different process than upsate in regards to appointments? I want to have all the necessary paperwork just in case. Perhaps I should just call OCA. Ill posst updates. An welcome to the new people on the forum and i wish the best to everyone.
              I am processing NYC waiting for my oral psych appt. I did not meet my BI after the PAT, they need to see of you pass the PAT first. I met with the BI right after the written psych which was a month or 2 after the PAT.

Comment

Civil, you are not going to want to do anything after the PAT/BI day. It's a long day and you will be exhausted. The only thing you are going to want to do is eat and sleep. Good Luck.
                I bet it's a long day...preparing for PAT now...what did you wear to the PAT? Shorts and tee shirt? Sweatpants? I was also planning on bringing a suit if I had the BI right after.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knick1 View Post
                  I am processing NYC waiting for my oral psych appt. I did not meet my BI after the PAT, they need to see of you pass the PAT first. I met with the BI right after the written psych which was a month or 2 after the PAT.

Hey whats up Knick1 I'm pricessing for NYC also, just came from my oral psych, think it went well. I took my written psych this past Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                    I bet it's a long day...preparing for PAT now...what did you wear to the PAT? Shorts and tee shirt? Sweatpants? I was also planning on bringing a suit if I had the BI right after.
                    Shorts and T-shirt unless you really want to sweat. I did not bring my suit in from the car as nobody else was dressing up either. They said it was ok but all other appointments is full business atire. I met my BI with my shorts and T. Let me know how it goes.

Ps - Park on the main road (Dyke Road). If you park in the lot, they will just make you re-park up on the road. If you park down far enough you can sneak in through the back door.
                    Last edited by Max 1618; 09-20-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action82 View Post
                      Hey whats up Knick1 I'm pricessing for NYC also, just came from my oral psych, think it went well. I took my written psych this past Tuesday.
                      Action, glad things are moving along. I took my written psych a while back before my BI. Did you hear anything about the evaluation boards and how often they process candidates?

Comment

• Hey guys ... just wondering if I made a mistake by declining canvass letters for JD's 3,4,5 & 6 for the C.O. job ... also declined the canvass letter for JD 4 for the Court Assistant job ... I live in Suffolk County and was rolling the dice that I would be canvassed again for something downstate for both of these jobs ... and if you guys think I messed up, can I reverse my actions ... I'm getting nervous about this ... thanks in advance ...

Court Officer - Rank 42XX - 10/2009
                        Court Asisstant - Rank 6XX - 10/2010

Comment

• Regarding the PAT, different process in NYC and upstate, most people upstate see their BI on the same day. What they used to do in NYC, I went through this many years ago, is give you a date for the BI and a number for you to call to see if you passed the PAT, if you pass they will tell you to keep the date, if you didn't pass the PAT then obviously, no BI. I am not sure if it is the same now, after all these years, but I think so.

Comment

Shorts and T-shirt unless you really want to sweat. I did not bring my suit in from the car as nobody else was dressing up either. They said it was ok but all other appointments is full business atire. I met my BI with my shorts and T. Let me know how it goes.

Ps - Park on the main road (Dyke Road). If you park in the lot, they will just make you re-park up on the road. If you park down far enough you can sneak in through the back door.
                            Thanks for info! Think mine will be in a few weeks...haven't received any confirm yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                              Hey guys ... just wondering if I made a mistake by declining canvass letters for JD's 3,4,5 & 6 for the C.O. job ... also declined the canvass letter for JD 4 for the Court Assistant job ... I live in Suffolk County and was rolling the dice that I would be canvassed again for something downstate for both of these jobs ... and if you guys think I messed up, can I reverse my actions ... I'm getting nervous about this ... thanks in advance ...

Court Officer - Rank 42XX - 10/2009
                              Court Asisstant - Rank 6XX - 10/2010
                              Re: Court Assistant job...that list was just created in December of 2011 and could last up to 5 years, so you have time.
                              As for CO, I am surprised the OCA didn't canvass higher for NYC. Maybe there will be another canvass down the line. If you have any doubt give the OCA a call and see what info you can get out of them. Not sure it can be reversed but doesn't hurt to call.

Comment

• Passed my Pre-Med on 9/19/12. My Full-Medical is October 10th. I was nervous for the pre-med and it showed a bit on the blood pressure. Had to be done on me manually as the machine was showing my pressure was through the roof. And I don't have high blood pressure. When the nurse did the final blood pressure it gave me the passing score. I was told by a friend of mine (who is a court officer) that ,the rumor is, they are hiring a lot of people for the northern command. Hopefully it is not just a rumor. Good luck to all who are going through the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9213 users online. 314 members and 8899 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X