300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swartz319 View Post
    When I took it, I did the arm crank about 150 times. 59 situps, completed 2 full sets of pull ups and 4 pull ups on the 3rd stage. Hit the circle a few times for the hand steadiness. I passed so if you guys hit around those numbers you'll be fine as well!
    59 situps in 1 minute?The upward motion towards the knees takes me almost a second. How did you train for the situps?

Comment

• Question about the oral psychological: Do I need to shave off my beard and mustache? I know I need to be neat and well groomed in business attire, but I don't know if I have to completely shave my face as well. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
        Question about the oral psychological: Do I need to shave off my beard and mustache? I know I need to be neat and well groomed in business attire, but I don't know if I have to completely shave my face as well. Thanks.
        I went to my oral Psych in Yonkers at a personal residence. I did wear business attire and was neatly groomed but i dont think it was imperative to shave it off-but you cant have it at the academy so at some point it has to come off-I would ask my investigator to make 100% sure though.
        Test 45-722
        Rank 21XX
        was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

When I took it, I did the arm crank about 150 times. 59 situps, completed 2 full sets of pull ups and 4 pull ups on the 3rd stage. Hit the circle a few times for the hand steadiness. I passed so if you guys hit around those numbers you'll be fine as well!
          59 sit up's. WTF! I can do 33-35. I think I will do good on the pull-up's. I can do 8 regular pull ups so this should be easier. I guess I can't drink coffee before I go as I dont want to be shaky for the steadiness test.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
            59 situps in 1 minute?The upward motion towards the knees takes me almost a second. How did you train for the situps?
            Im use to doing situps with hand behind head and going all the way down which is required for local pd PAT tests, that I range in the 30-40 range for the min. The situps here you can have your arm crossed and don't need your whole back to touch, plus your on a mat with your feet hanging off and being held. Add adrenaline to the mix and that'll easily add an extra 10-15 reps.

Comment

Im use to doing situps with hand behind head and going all the way down which is required for local pd PAT tests, that I range in the 30-40 range for the min. The situps here you can have your arm crossed and don't need your whole back to touch, plus your on a mat with your feet hanging off and being held. Add adrenaline to the mix and that'll easily add an extra 10-15 reps.
              ok...can see how that can help. Hopefully I can reach close to your number.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                ok...can see how that can help. Hopefully I can reach close to your number.
                Civil, Is your PAT on Tues or Thurs?

Comment

• Hey all,

I finally got a chance to call back the OCA and was instructed to call again in October 2012, for a concrete academy class start date. We'll see how this plays out.

Comment

• Well, qualified at the pre med, onto the full med on October 3 in Cohoes...seems like its going to move pretty quickly from here. Hope everyone else is doing well and making some progress.

Comment

• I hope you all do well, and get hired soon...we need the bodies...we are so short, it's getting dangerous, and with the classes from the '82 test getting ready to retire (me included), there should be plenty of openings..key word is SHOULD!...Good Luck to you all...

Comment

• Hey Cravan, that sounds great! Did they actually say they would definitley have a start date when you call them back? Did they confirm it would be this fall?

Comment

• hello everyone, new to the thread but not to the forum, been going through process with Courts for NYC district and city corrections. Took the courts exam in Oct. 09. My court investigator submitted my file and just got called for my written psych to go in on Tuesday and Oral on Thursday. i know this is the question everyone ask but no1 really knows but any word on a academy for NYC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbon View Post
                            Hey Cravan, that sounds great! Did they actually say they would definitley have a start date when you call them back? Did they confirm it would be this fall?
                            Hey Dbon,

The OCA personnel I spoke with did say that by October, the OCA will know when a recruit class would be going in. The OCA personnel did not confirm that it would be this fall. I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

• Thanks Cravan. That is great news. Just to here something definite would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbon View Post
                                Thanks Cravan. That is great news. Just to here something definite would be awesome.
                                You're welcome. I am not getting my hopes up too high.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16005 users online. 356 members and 15649 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X