Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
    Oh trust me, I'm not taking it lightly, neither is my workout, now if I could just lay off the cake! They just seem to treat you better and so far the experience is better with the courts. Come 9/20 I'm sure I'll still be a nervous wreck!
    Okay, great! I knew the Courts was the way to go after they treated me so nicely.

    Comment


    • Sweet,
      Are you driving up that day or going early and stay a night?

      Lee

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
        Cravan,
        Do you get one shot at all the exercises or can you redo one if you feel like you could do better?

        Thanks
        Lee
        You get one shot at each exercise, and then on to the next one (in groups). When I did it there wasn't much waiting in between, but I guess that depends on the number of people there.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
          Did you get through? I just called and the officer told me that it's too early to confirm for 9/20 and to call back next week.
          What are wearing to the PAT? Do we need to Dress Up and dress down that day??

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
            Cravan,
            Do you get one shot at all the exercises or can you redo one if you feel like you could do better?

            Thanks
            Lee

            Lee,

            It's a one shot deal. If you fail the PAT, you get a second chance to qualify after 90 days.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
              What are wearing to the PAT? Do we need to Dress Up and dress down that day??
              Dress in athletic attire, Max.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
                I learned about this job in 2009 from a guy at my current job that was trying to get into the Sherrif Dept and the Border Patrol and we took it at the same time. I wasn't really looking at the time but said what do I have to lose and decided to give it a shot and here I am going to Phase 3, my buddy still hasn't gotten a call from anyone or started the process. I feel really bad since he's the one who told me about it.

                Lee
                Life is sometimes funny like that, Lee.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                  Dress in athletic attire, Max.

                  Thanks Craven.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
                    Civil - They told me that I would be meeting with someone also (my PAT is 2 days after Max). Going to make for a long day I'm sure.
                    At least you get it all done at once. Good luck with the PAT!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                      Thanks Craven.
                      You're welcome.

                      Comment


                      • I know I am jumping foward but can anyone tell me once you complete the academy, do you have a choice of what city you work or are you assigned to a specific location. I was canvassed and appointed to JD 6 which is a very large area and includes Binghamton, Elmira, Cortland. When do you find out your perminant location or do you have to jump around throughout your JD?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                          Dress in athletic attire, Max.
                          I brought a suit for my PAT but did not get a chance to wear it. After everyone is done with the PAT you fill out more forms and fill out letters to send out to all jobs you had after high school along with a letter to your HS and any schooling after HS. While people are completing that they pull people to get fingerprints and meet with their BI, then your done

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Swartz319 View Post
                            I brought a suit for my PAT but did not get a chance to wear it. After everyone is done with the PAT you fill out more forms and fill out letters to send out to all jobs you had after high school along with a letter to your HS and any schooling after HS. While people are completing that they pull people to get fingerprints and meet with their BI, then your done
                            Interesting...so if you've had many jobs it's best to double check addresses before going to the PAT.

                            So if you meet with the BI after the PAT that must mean you passed the physical. No?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                              Interesting...so if you've had many jobs it's best to double check addresses before going to the PAT.

                              So if you meet with the BI after the PAT that must mean you passed the physical. No?
                              There are a couple stations that they are able to tell while your there if you pass/fail. If u pass those you stay to continue the start of the background, however the rest of the PAT results still need to be processed to determine if you pass/failed those exercises. My PAT was the 28th, still waiting for the results.

                              Comment


                              • Any word on what stations?
                                Last edited by Max 1618; 09-19-2012, 11:58 AM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11709 users online. 239 members and 11470 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X