Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations!! The court's loss is the PD's gain I'm leaving too (retiring in September)
    Originally posted by Fuerza View Post
    As soon2retire said, they're very strict on the weight. On that note, there will probably be another opening in the Albany region soon. I was sworn in with a local PD last evening and will be leaving the courts mid-July. I love the court officer gig, but the pay on this local department was too good to pass up (the 20 year retirement was the other big pull). Good luck to everyone in the process.
    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Hey all. My husband just received a Personal History Questionnaire and a Statement of Firearms Ownership Pre-Employment Memoradum of Understanding. Is this a good thing??? Thanks!

Comment

• When I went last Tuesday for my medical they made us fill out that paperwork before we could leave. The personnel where admin. for the court officers and said that we would hear back in two weeks about an upcoming academy after the blood and urine had been tested. It was also mentioned that not all would be going to this academy that they had to look at which areas are needed most and who had the best ranks would be selected first. Good Luck

Comment

• As I'm an old timer w/ 1 foot out the door and unfamiliar w/ today's protocol, I'd say that any inquiries are better than no inquriies
          Originally posted by Dirk007 View Post
          Hey all. My husband just received a Personal History Questionnaire and a Statement of Firearms Ownership Pre-Employment Memoradum of Understanding. Is this a good thing??? Thanks!
          Last edited by soon2retire; 06-27-2010, 08:45 AM.
          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Hey Dirk...Just like NY1028...I also filled out that Questionnaire when I went for my medical last week. It probably just happens that we had people from the OCA there as opposed to wherever your husband went. So it's probably a good thing as it's part of the process. So hopefully your husband is higher in the ranks than the other people and he should be in.

Comment

• Does anyone know how far they make you run and what time we have to run it in? I've heard that state troopers academy have to run a mile and a half and as long as your under 13 minutes your good. I'm at that now but it would be nice to know for sure.

Comment

• It's July. Has anyone received test results from the Oct/Dec testing yet?

Comment

• Nothing yet.. I think we may receive it at the end of this month.
                  Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Any of you guys who took the final medical hear back yet?

Comment

• Nothing yet! We anxiously check the mail every day! But since the deadline for my husband to return the paperwork was July 20th, we figure we won't hear anything until after that date. The waiting sucks!

Comment

• haha...yeah...everyday i check my phone like every 5 minutes just in case I missed a call from them. So your husband hasn't even gotten the blood work and urine results back yet right?

Comment

• I took my final medical on the 23rd of June and I haven't received a call yet with the results of my blood and urine. So I'm patiently waiting as well.

Comment

• Whoops, sorry Noops. Yes, he did get the results of the blood and urine. But we haven't heard anything further about his employment status. That's the part we're waiting for...

Comment

• 8/27/10 is the first day of retirement under the offered "buyout". You'll hear by then, if not sooner.

Comment

• I received the call today and I'm cleared for the academy...woohoo!! Aug. 2nd. Good luck to all the rest waiting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12441 users online. 430 members and 12011 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X