Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cwm108
    replied
    I am a Deputy Sheriff in a county that has manned the local court building for NYS for over 20 years. We were recently told that NYS will be replacing us with state Court Officers very soon. Not many positions, we only have 6 Deputies. But it’s additional info for you. If anyone has any knowledge or thoughts let me know.

Leave a comment:

• BW13
    commented on 's reply
    *removing my post.
    Last edited by BW13; 03-03-2022, 08:51 PM.

• Rodney Jones
    commented on 's reply
    I dont believe an actual date has been set yet, aside from it being in April

• Joefromgc
    commented on 's reply
    Johnfox, where did you hear about what you posted earlier? Also, even though Cheif Judge Difiore oversees management of courthouses along NYS the governor is going to have the ultimate say regarding court officers. The governor runs anything involving state gov, which is the branch that court officers fall under. Law enforcement as a whole is a sinking ship in blue states, but I think we’ll all be ok.

• Rodney Jones
    commented on 's reply
    Except the news you're referring to is from 2020 during the height of corona. However this is more recent "New York lawmakers have passed a $3.3 billion judiciary budget that will restore funding after a deep cut by the governor’s administration in the last financial cycle"

• Johnfox
    commented on 's reply
    The only union leader you had fighting for you has been fired. Janet Difiore is going for the jugular now and nothing is to stop her.
    Last edited by Johnfox; 03-04-2022, 05:39 PM.

• Johnfox
    commented on 's reply
    Think about what the job duties entail. Manning a metal detector, taking a lunch order from a juror, standing around looking pretty with a firearm, handling prisoners already cuffed, being a body shield for a judge? These tasks can be performed by night club bouncers for a fraction of the cost. The fact the soccer mom’s, retiree’s, and senior citizens can become court officers really shows how easily replaceable court officers are. Why pay them $100,000 salary when you can hire private security?
    Last edited by Johnfox; 03-02-2022, 11:42 AM.

• Joefromgc
    replied
    I finished my drug screening and blood pressure screening yesterday for the second time. I still didn’t get an exact date in April. Anybody hear anything about an exact date yet?

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    commented on 's reply
    Bwahahahaha. Seriously dude, stop smoking.

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    This has come up in the past. As much as doing away with Court Officers sounds good, look at where this came from. An applicant who did not make the cut. Think about the responsibilities of the job and then try to figure how square badges could do it. Also remember that even though OCA proposes a budget, the State controls the amount of money provided. Cutting Court Officers would not necessarily allow for the judges to get more.

Leave a comment:

• Rodney Jones
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldnt worry about it. Have a few friends on the job, virtual will most likely be on its way out. The state wants people coming to court in person. All of this stuff would take legislation, and many years if they decided to do something like that.

• ccoop93
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnfox View Post
    I hear that now Dennis Quirk is gone and budget cuts, major layoffs and hiring freeze’s are inevitable. Janet Difiore wants to replace Court officers with mall cop’s and keep what’s left of the budget for themselves. I’m being told to jump ship or have plan B. Ready. What was the point of all this time and money spent on new recruits just to pull this crap? The future of the court system is remote video chat’s. Covid was the knife in the heart to dying job.
    Is there any validity to this statement? I currently work in investigations as a civilian employee for NYC government and was looking to go to courts since their pay structure has line bumps which my current civilian title does not (meaning our raises are random and not guaranteed; also tons and tons of work for less than adequate pay).

I don't want to leave to a job to go to one where I would be laid off in the future as I have a secure title now... Any advice appreciated thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Joefromgc
    commented on 's reply
    You couldn’t have been notified of that before you jumped through all these hoops?? Your process wasn’t handled properly in my opinion. I’m sorry to hear that dude.

• Oneforall
    replied
    Does anyone know if you recieve a retirement ID and letter that allows you to carry at the end of your service?

Leave a comment:

• LukeSW
    commented on 's reply
    Just to piggyback, if you are not approved by the board you will not be effected as much as being DQed so it is not advisable to fight it...if you even can. If you are DQed for background, psychological, or medical and you firmly believe there was a mistake, you should expend your resources in hopes of joining another LEO agency as they will investigate further as to why you were DQed.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3335 users online. 215 members and 3120 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X