Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the magic number for sit-ups?

Thanks
    Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
      Anyone know the magic number for sit-ups?

Thanks
      Lee
      They do not give you a number to hit, I was told it depends on several factors...Height, weight, and age for example

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
        They do not give you a number to hit, I was told it depends on several factors...Height, weight, and age for example
        It also balances out with whatever other tests are within the same category. 3 exercises make up a 'unit', and you get a total unit score. So even if you don't hit the magic number for sit ups, if you did exceedingly well on another exercise then you'll pass the whole unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
          1sweet, have you met anyone from the forum at the med appt's.? I don't remember who was scheduled for 9/6. I knew someone else was.
          Not anyone that admitted to being on here I THINK CNY Lee was with my group only because I remember hearing the name Lee. Maybe he can confirm?? Max, did you see people not make it though the medical at your group? I'm pretty sure there was at least 1 yesterday that I saw walk out pretty upset. We were done pretty early, with no other appointments after 10am. But I wasn't finished with the x-ray until almost 1:30.

The officer there said from here on out to dress to impress! I asked the woman (gladys ?) if we should bring a change of clothes to the PAT to meet with the investigator and she said it wasn't necessary (I think I might just to be safe).

Comment

• Yea that was me there, I think I was 1 of 3 that had to do the heart monitor test. The next part should be fun..... NOT!!!! LOL I don't know about anyone else but I have been nervous for these medical test and just happy to make it to phase 3. I'm not out of shape but I'm not as fit as I use to be.... I will do my best and leave it all there and let the cards fall where they fall.

Lee
            Last edited by CNY Lee; 09-07-2012, 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Yea that was me there, I think I was 1 of 3 that had to do the heart monitor test. The next part should be fun..... NOT!!!! LOL I don't know about anyone else but I have been nervous for these medical test and just happy to make it to phase 3. I'm not out of shape but I'm not as fit as I use to be.... I will do my best and leave it all there and let the cards fall where they fall.

Lee
              Oh yea, I've been more nervous for this than the other police physical I've done, and this seems easier! I'm still upset about that stupid breathing contraption yesterday and hoping the results don't come back later to bite me since I kept doing it wrong. Lee what time is your PAT on the 20th? Just curious if they are blocked again or how it will work.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
                Oh yea, I've been more nervous for this than the other police physical I've done, and this seems easier! I'm still upset about that stupid breathing contraption yesterday and hoping the results don't come back later to bite me since I kept doing it wrong. Lee what time is your PAT on the 20th? Just curious if they are blocked again or how it will work.
                Hey Sweet,

Do not take the PAT lightly. Many people have been disqualified because of the PAT. I would encourage everyone to practice the PAT exercises below.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ity-test.shtml

Comment

• Sweet,
                  I was the last person sitting in the waiting room for the xray.

The hardest part about all of this is trying to do all the phases without my current job knowing what I'm doing so I don't get fired... LOL I need to keep my job.....

Comment

• Cravan,
                    Do you get one shot at all the exercises or can you redo one if you feel like you could do better?

Thanks
                    Lee

Comment

• I learned about this job in 2009 from a guy at my current job that was trying to get into the Sherrif Dept and the Border Patrol and we took it at the same time. I wasn't really looking at the time but said what do I have to lose and decided to give it a shot and here I am going to Phase 3, my buddy still hasn't gotten a call from anyone or started the process. I feel really bad since he's the one who told me about it.

Lee

Comment

I keep calling to make a confirmation for my PAT but I keep getting an answering machine. Is this normal?
                        Did you get through? I just called and the officer told me that it's too early to confirm for 9/20 and to call back next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                          Hey Sweet,

Do not take the PAT lightly. Many people have been disqualified because of the PAT. I would encourage everyone to practice the PAT exercises below.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ity-test.shtml
                          Oh trust me, I'm not taking it lightly, neither is my workout, now if I could just lay off the cake! They just seem to treat you better and so far the experience is better with the courts. Come 9/20 I'm sure I'll still be a nervous wreck!

Comment

Yes, they said I would be assigned the same day.
                            That's convenient. I wonder if everyone upstate meets with the BI on the same day as PAT since the AVU is in NYC?

Comment

Sweet,
                              I was the last person sitting in the waiting room for the xray.

The hardest part about all of this is trying to do all the phases without my current job knowing what I'm doing so I don't get fired... LOL I need to keep my job.....
                              I was sitting there with you. I still had to wait about 10 minutes after you left before they called me in. I dont have to worry so much about getting fired, but I'm trying not to let too many people know either. My job is a rumor mill so I'm sure the few close people I've told have spread the word far and wide. I'm thinking about just coming out and telling my supervisor about the PAT, I can't come up with too many more excuses for being gone on Thursdays.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                                That's convenient. I wonder if everyone upstate meets with the BI on the same day as PAT since the AVU is in NYC?
                                Civil - They told me that I would be meeting with someone also (my PAT is 2 days after Max). Going to make for a long day I'm sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4512 users online. 187 members and 4325 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X