300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
    Wow My UF-1 Form wants every traffic infraction I have ever had. I called DMV and they told me they only keep records back 4 years. I know I had a failure to stop infraction back in the 90's. I guess that has dropped off.
    If you know what court/police department you got the ticket through, try them. I've only had one ticket once... for tinted windows like 10 years ago that I need to try to track down! What a mess! By the way, today was a long day. Everything went just as you said. I came close to failing that respiratory machine thing because it is so awkward, I just couldn't figure it out, but my numbers were passing. I'll be in Albany on the 20th (did I call it!!).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
      If you know what court/police department you got the ticket through, try them. I've only had one ticket once... for tinted windows like 10 years ago that I need to try to track down! What a mess! By the way, today was a long day. Everything went just as you said. I came close to failing that respiratory machine thing because it is so awkward, I just couldn't figure it out, but my numbers were passing. I'll be in Albany on the 20th (did I call it!!).
      Congrats, I tried the court and they have no record. I just remembered I got a window tint ticket around that time as well. I got a price on the Hotel. It looks like it is 74.95 per night. its only 10 minutes from the facility.

Comment

Congrats, I tried the court and they have no record. I just remembered I got a window tint ticket around that time as well. I got a price on the Hotel. It looks like it is 74.95 per night. its only 10 minutes from the facility.
        I think that is where I will plan on staying as well. I tried calling the local court a week ago and it's like no one is ever there. Luckily I've had a rough draft of all this paperwork filled out for weeks or else I'd be going more crazy right now.

Comment

I haven't heard anything from them about hiring.... except not to go there anymore. Things are so bad in the division (wait it's not called that anymore - now it's NYSDOCCS), everyone I talk to still tells me to just look elsewhere. The thing with parole now is that they have made it so bad that a lot of the officers inside the prisons are looking to get out into the field (which isn't much better these days).
          Thanks for the information.

Comment

I think that is where I will plan on staying as well. I tried calling the local court a week ago and it's like no one is ever there. Luckily I've had a rough draft of all this paperwork filled out for weeks or else I'd be going more crazy right now.
            1sweet, have you met anyone from the forum at the med appt's.? I don't remember who was scheduled for 9/6. I knew someone else was.

Comment

• I keep calling to make a confirmation for my PAT but I keep getting an answering machine. Is this normal?

Comment

• Let me pose this: A DMV abstract will hold a ticket/incident for a certain number of years. If DMV and the Court is telling you they have no record of a traffic ticket, what makes you think the Applicant Investigator can find a 10 year old ticket? Think about it, DMV is the central repository for all VTL tickets, if DMV doesn't have it who would?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                  Let me pose this: A DMV abstract will hold a ticket/incident for a certain number of years. If DMV and the Court is telling you they have no record of a traffic ticket, what makes you think the Applicant Investigator can find a 10 year old ticket? Think about it, DMV is the central repository for all VTL tickets, if DMV doesn't have it who would?
                  Who knows, you know how they somehow dig stuff up. Just want to keep it honest.

Comment

Wow My UF-1 Form wants every traffic infraction I have ever had. I called DMV and they told me they only keep records back 4 years. I know I had a failure to stop infraction back in the 90's. I guess that has dropped off.
                    Are you able to put down general information like the approximate date, type of infraction, etc or are they looking for specific information such as ticket number, exact time and date?
                    Last edited by CivilServant14; 09-07-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Remember these investigators are not granted any special powers. There is no secret code to unlock vast stores of information on each applicant. Fill out the forms to the best of your knowledge, but don't make yourselves nuts.

Comment

• Hey,
                        I posted a few weeks back and have been checking back to see if anyone has heard any word on academies. I just read about asking about tickets and stuff. I know when I posted there was a lot of discussion about the "board review" and that not everyone has to do it. I got my letter in late July stating that I passed all phases of my background investigation and my name would be certified as an eligible candidate when hiring started, without any board review. Don't be vague, don't try to hide anything. The investigator who later that day became my investigator said that day that if you went to court for something and don't tell them they will find it. The courts hold the records for the case and they are the courts. Be honest and be thorough. It worked for me. I had a ticket for speeding which was plead down to a disobeying a traffic control device. It had already cleared from my abstract but I told the investigator, even though it wasn't on my abstract that it was a speeder that was plead down. I'd rather be honest and safe than sorry. While I was doing my process I got a speeding ticket on my way up from Virginia on a speed camera and as soon as the ticket came I paid it and called my investigator. Sent in my explanation and that was it. Moral of this novel is better to be honest than caught lying or trying to not telling the entire truth. Also if you don't have specifics on the ticket its not the end of the world. I didn't have specifics on prior self employment but I was able to write an explanation stating that to the best of my knowledge the firms I was working for were not doing business as any other name and that all my income was legally reported. I agree with a couple of posts back. These investigators definitely treat you as human beings and not numbers. One of the best experiences I've had in an investigation process. Good luck to all.

Comment

I keep calling to make a confirmation for my PAT but I keep getting an answering machine. Is this normal?
                          Hey Max-
                          Are you meeting with your investigator on the same day as the PAT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoping4it View Post
                            Hey,
                            I posted a few weeks back and have been checking back to see if anyone has heard any word on academies. I just read about asking about tickets and stuff. I know when I posted there was a lot of discussion about the "board review" and that not everyone has to do it. I got my letter in late July stating that I passed all phases of my background investigation and my name would be certified as an eligible candidate when hiring started, without any board review. Don't be vague, don't try to hide anything. The investigator who later that day became my investigator said that day that if you went to court for something and don't tell them they will find it. The courts hold the records for the case and they are the courts. Be honest and be thorough. It worked for me. I had a ticket for speeding which was plead down to a disobeying a traffic control device. It had already cleared from my abstract but I told the investigator, even though it wasn't on my abstract that it was a speeder that was plead down. I'd rather be honest and safe than sorry. While I was doing my process I got a speeding ticket on my way up from Virginia on a speed camera and as soon as the ticket came I paid it and called my investigator. Sent in my explanation and that was it. Moral of this novel is better to be honest than caught lying or trying to not telling the entire truth. Also if you don't have specifics on the ticket its not the end of the world. I didn't have specifics on prior self employment but I was able to write an explanation stating that to the best of my knowledge the firms I was working for were not doing business as any other name and that all my income was legally reported. I agree with a couple of posts back. These investigators definitely treat you as human beings and not numbers. One of the best experiences I've had in an investigation process. Good luck to all.
                            Thank you for the advice!

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                              Hey Max-
                              Keep calling till you get someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                                Hey Max-
                                Yes, they said I would be assigned the same day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17618 users online. 514 members and 17104 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X