300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
    I'm Back, yes don't be as nervous. This went real quick and was easy. You start by filling out a bunch of paperwork, then you get blood drawn, Urine test, hearing, respitory and then you are seen by a MD. The older group had to have EKG but I think that was for over 40. Then you leave that facility and go to this Hospital that is about 10 minutes away and you get your X-Rays. It took about 3 Hours total. There was not a weigh in. I am off to PAT on Sept. 18th. I think I will travel to Cohoes on the 17th and stay up there as we have to be ready to go by 0900 hrs. get ready as you are going to have to dig up alot of old paperwork like Birth certificate, SS card, HS diploma, $75 Money Order, 4 passport pics, ect.
    Glad to hear that things are moving for you. Good luck on the PAT.

Comment

• How long does the pre med take? Done before 1230PM?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan614 View Post
        How long does the pre med take? Done before 1230PM?
        Pre-med took about 20 minutes but we sat around for about 2 hours.

Comment

I'm Back, yes don't be as nervous. This went real quick and was easy. You start by filling out a bunch of paperwork, then you get blood drawn, Urine test, hearing, respitory and then you are seen by a MD. The older group had to have EKG but I think that was for over 40. Then you leave that facility and go to this Hospital that is about 10 minutes away and you get your X-Rays. It took about 3 Hours total. There was not a weigh in. I am off to PAT on Sept. 18th. I think I will travel to Cohoes on the 17th and stay up there as we have to be ready to go by 0900 hrs. get ready as you are going to have to dig up alot of old paperwork like Birth certificate, SS card, HS diploma, $75 Money Order, 4 passport pics, ect.
          So if all goes well for me too and from the way things have been going for us... sounds like I might be making a trip to Albany on Sept. 20th.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
            So if all goes well for me too and from the way things have been going for us... sounds like I might be making a trip to Albany on Sept. 20th.
            Good luck tomorrow, let me know how you do. now where did I put that birth certificate, i just had it out 30 years ago

Comment

Good luck tomorrow, let me know how you do. now where did I put that birth certificate, i just had it out 30 years ago
              Hopefully you find it! I lost mine sometime between starting the NYS Parole and moving so I had to get a certified copy 2 years ago. Still hoping the original shows up sooner or later. Do you know where in Cohoes you will be staying for the PAT?

Comment

Hopefully you find it! I lost mine sometime between starting the NYS Parole and moving so I had to get a certified copy 2 years ago. Still hoping the original shows up sooner or later. Do you know where in Cohoes you will be staying for the PAT?
                Hey, did you say NYS Parole? Have you heard anything from them in regards to hiring?

Comment

There is no place in Cohoes that is not a dump so I will probably stay in Albany. The Stays Inn is nice. I stayed up there for 3 weeks at my last academy. I also found a certified copy of my birth certificate, SS card and H/S Diploma so I got all the hard stuff out of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                    Hey, did you say NYS Parole? Have you heard anything from them in regards to hiring?
                    Craven, In 2004 I scored a 95% and never got called. Same with Warrant /Transfer in 2004 and 2010 (95% and no call). I know they don't have a new civil service exam scheduled for POT, PSAC or FPOT as of right now. Are you on the 2008 list? Weird that my current position will let me 70.1 transfer to NYS Correction but not Parole.
                    Last edited by Max 1618; 09-05-2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Craven, In 2004 I scored a 95% and never got called. Same with Warrant /Transfer in 2004 and 2010 (95% and no call). I know they don't have a new civil service exam scheduled for POT, PSAC or FPOT as of right now. Are you on the 2008 list? Weird that my current position will let me 70.1 transfer to NYS Correction but not Parole.
                      Yeah Max, I'm on the 2008 eligible list. It was extended to 2016.

Comment

• Hey Cravan, did you try to get more info on the potential fall class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbon View Post
                          Hey Cravan, did you try to get more info on the potential fall class.
                          Not yet. It's been hectic at my job this week. I'll let you all know once I get some information.

Comment

• Good luck to all that are going to full med. today.

1sweet, FYI after your original appt. they are going to send you over to a medical clinic on Genesee St. Park in the garage for the clinic (you will have to go around the block due to it being a one way street) and they will stamp your ticket and you dont have to pay. I made the mistake of parking on the street and had to feed the meter another $2. Good luck.

Comment

• Wow My UF-1 Form wants every traffic infraction I have ever had. I called DMV and they told me they only keep records back 4 years. I know I had a failure to stop infraction back in the 90's. I guess that has dropped off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                                I haven't heard anything from them about hiring.... except not to go there anymore. Things are so bad in the division (wait it's not called that anymore - now it's NYSDOCCS), everyone I talk to still tells me to just look elsewhere. The thing with parole now is that they have made it so bad that a lot of the officers inside the prisons are looking to get out into the field (which isn't much better these days).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12459 users online. 301 members and 12158 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X