300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jasonstatham View Post
    Quick question for Cravan...are you from the 2005 exam waiting for a class to go in?
    Ill field this for Cravan.... "YES"

There are a few of us that post here who are all from that test in 2005; hanging in limbo land. And Cravan, Jontot, Angelo3456 and Myself are a few of them staring at the dangling carrot. We can only hope this particular rumor has some validity to it.
    Test 45-722
    Rank 21XX
    was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

Yessss im finally able to post! Ive take my premed and full med. List #35XX. 3rd JD. Physical is this month. I live in nyc and very happy with how quickly things are moving. Also OCA and the vendors they use are very professional, courteous, and helpful. Whenever i call OCA with a question or issue they are on top of it. They treat you more like a person and less like a number unlike other preemployment LEO processes. The other candidates Ive met are very nice people as well
      Welcome to the board! Was your pre-medical and full medical at the same time or on different days?

Comment

• 2005? Wow, you guys have been in the process a long time. I guess its safe to say there won't be an exam anytime soon.

How often do they do an academy class?

Comment

Yessss im finally able to post! Ive take my premed and full med. List #35XX. 3rd JD. Physical is this month. I live in nyc and very happy with how quickly things are moving. Also OCA and the vendors they use are very professional, courteous, and helpful. Whenever i call OCA with a question or issue they are on top of it. They treat you more like a person and less like a number unlike other preemployment LEO processes. The other candidates Ive met are very nice people as well
          Hey Jason,

I agree with you 100%. The OCA has treated me like a human being.

Comment

Quick question for Cravan...are you from the 2005 exam waiting for a class to go in?
            Yes sir. I am a victim of the recession.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
              2005? Wow, you guys have been in the process a long time. I guess its safe to say there won't be an exam anytime soon.

The next exam will be in late 2013. Not sure how often an academy goes in.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                2005? Wow, you guys have been in the process a long time. I guess its safe to say there won't be an exam anytime soon.

The exams are given every four years regardless of hiring. The lists expire 4-5 years after being established so there is a need to create a pool of new candidates. As Cravan stated above the next exam will be in the fall of 2013. Go to http://www.courts.state.ny.us/ for updates on when the application process will begin (should be late spring of 2013).

Comment

Last edited by Jasonstatham; 09-27-2012, 02:21 PM. Reason: ............................

Comment

Negative brotha. If I remember correctly they were about 3-4 weeks apart and needed to make weight twice. The sauna was my best friend for those two days before. Im in the best shape of my life (can run a 1.5 mile in 10:30) and hae low bodyfat but being weighed with clothes on and bmi is not consiedered was rough. I couldnt risk it so i made sure i was underweight by at least 4 lbs. Anyways lets cross our fingers for JD 3!
                    That's what I figured but thought I'd ask anyway. Sometimes I feel I would have had a better chance if I selected 4, 5 or 6...but we'll see what happens.

Comment

• I have my full med tomorrow at 1030am. Another trip to Syracuse. My weight is at 186.5 so I should be well under for 6' 1".

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                        I have my full med tomorrow at 1030am. Another trip to Syracuse. My weight is at 186.5 so I should be well under for 6' 1".
                        Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                          Good luck!
                          Thanks Civil!

Comment

1sweet, just stay away from the weed and I think you will be ok
                            Haha... no problem there! I've always been on the straight and narrow!!

Comment

I have my full med tomorrow at 1030am. Another trip to Syracuse. My weight is at 186.5 so I should be well under for 6' 1".
                              I know you won't see this until you're back, but good luck! Hope it went well!
                              Mine is Thursday, not nearly as nervous for this as I was for the first pre-med!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
                                I know you won't see this until you're back, but good luck! Hope it went well!
                                Mine is Thursday, not nearly as nervous for this as I was for the first pre-med!
                                I'm Back, yes don't be as nervous. This went real quick and was easy. You start by filling out a bunch of paperwork, then you get blood drawn, Urine test, hearing, respitory and then you are seen by a MD. The older group had to have EKG but I think that was for over 40. Then you leave that facility and go to this Hospital that is about 10 minutes away and you get your X-Rays. It took about 3 Hours total. There was not a weigh in. I am off to PAT on Sept. 18th. I think I will travel to Cohoes on the 17th and stay up there as we have to be ready to go by 0900 hrs. get ready as you are going to have to dig up alot of old paperwork like Birth certificate, SS card, HS diploma, $75 Money Order, 4 passport pics, ect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16665 users online. 249 members and 16416 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X